Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Bring on the Minor Leagues - A MiLB Thread

Tue December 29, 2020 9:25 pm

Is this a thread for AA and AAA talk as well?

I'm considering concentrating my fandom to Astros affiliates for the 2021 season but am pretty new to following minor league teams.
Last edited by washing machine on Mon January 04, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: MLB

Tue December 29, 2020 10:30 pm

washing machine wrote:Is this a thread for AA and AAA talk as well?

I'm considering concentrating my fandom to Astros affiliates for the 2021 season but am pretty new to following minor league teams.

if they’re still around

Tue December 29, 2020 10:33 pm

Are they on local TV at all? The Paw Sox used to be on local TV at least once a week, but I doubt they'll continue that when they move to Worcester.

Tue December 29, 2020 10:53 pm

Simple Torture wrote:

Are they on local TV at all? The Paw Sox used to be on local TV at least once a week, but I doubt they'll continue that when they move to Worcester.

This will be year one for the Skeeters as a AAA affiliate. Formerly they were an indie team with no tv coverage. Kind of doubt being an Astros affiliate will change things but maybe. They are based about 45 minutes from my part of town and honestly, I feel like if I went to any sporting event at all in 2021 I would feel most comfortable at a partially empty, open air ballpark. Definitely not going to Minute Maid.

Tue December 29, 2020 11:16 pm

I have so many questions about MiLB, which is why I'm posting about it here.

What is the divisional breakdown for A, AA, and AAA?
How long are seasons?
Round Rock Express is now a Rangers affiliate, so does that roster get transferred to the Skeeters, an Astros affiliate?
If so, what happens to the Skeeters players currently rostered?
How much is a beer at a minor league game?

Tue December 29, 2020 11:35 pm

The Clearwater Threshers used to have quarter beer night but they had to stop on account of all the drunk driving deaths.

Tue December 29, 2020 11:41 pm

Sounds about right for a Philly affiliate.

Tue December 29, 2020 11:46 pm

nobody likes a drunk scientologist...

Wed December 30, 2020 5:02 pm

washing machine wrote:I have so many questions about MiLB, which is why I'm posting about it here.

What is the divisional breakdown for A, AA, and AAA?

Triple A and AA are set up mostly like the majors in terms of two leagues divided into divisions.
How long are seasons?

AAA is pretty close to the length of an MLB season, AA a little bit less. Once you get down to A you have full season A which is still less than AA and then a few short season levels of A exist as well.
Round Rock Express is now a Rangers affiliate, so does that roster get transferred to the Skeeters, an Astros affiliate?

No, they will be reassigned to whatever the replacement affiliate for TEX is

How much is a beer at a minor league game?

Will vary wildly depending on the stadium

Wed December 30, 2020 6:16 pm

numbers what are your thoughts on polar park and the pawsox moving to worcester?

Fri January 01, 2021 7:31 pm

Norris wrote:numbers what are your thoughts on polar park and the pawsox moving to worcester?

Lol I absolutely hate it pretty much everything about it, not to mention they have not done the street renovations that were supposed to accompany this park. I will have access to tickets pretty much all the time though work which will be cool, but they should have stayed in Pawtucket or at least RI, it’s not right.

Fri January 01, 2021 9:31 pm

My town lost its minor league affiliate, too :(

Sun January 03, 2021 6:17 am

https://reason.com/2020/12/31/these-cit ... y-in-them/

Sun January 03, 2021 12:36 pm

Yeah, MLBs efforts to kill off half of minor league baseball are very depressing.

Sun January 03, 2021 1:23 pm

While I feel for most of the cities in that article, I hardly feel bad for NYC and the Staten Island Yankees.

Sun January 03, 2021 4:31 pm

Yeah I feel bad for Lowell.

Sun January 03, 2021 7:24 pm

They'll always have Kerouac.

Sun January 03, 2021 7:27 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:While I feel for most of the cities in that article, I hardly feel bad for NYC and the Staten Island Yankees.

Are the RiverDogs safe?

Sun January 03, 2021 7:32 pm

Norris wrote:Yeah I feel bad for Lowell.

There's talk that they may be revived as a late-spring college-grad wood-bat league (so like a pre-draft showcase). We'll see.

Mon January 04, 2021 7:24 pm

Lot of good MiLB talk here. Mods, would it be possible to split a new thread off from my first post about it a page ago?
Post a reply