The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 83  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue October 20, 2020 5:27 pm 
Polluted

Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Self wrote:
It's 5pm, Doug. Get a watch.

still waiting on my whiskey gif from you for the denver win....

Thanks for covering this for me, Chris.

PostPosted: Tue October 20, 2020 5:57 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I don't watch football but I had a hearty laugh this morning reading The Dallas Morning News tear into the Cowboys and their brilliant decision to give Ezekiel Elliott a $90 million 6 year contract extension in 2019.

The Cowboys never should have paid Ezekiel Elliott. Loss to Cardinals just provided more proof.

Highest paid running back in the NFL lol

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 1:51 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

well maybe paying Dak peanuts and not giving Dak a long term deal and then Dak exploding his ankle helps even that decision out

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 1:56 am 
The Master

i mean, they're paying dak $31 million guaranteed this year

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 2:45 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Spoiler: show

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 5:47 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Fitzy "heartbroken" by benching. :( :( :(

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 5:51 pm 
Polluted

Huh. Figure he'd be used to it, by now.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 5:51 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

4/5 wrote:
Wasn't expecting these comments from him after all the "I'm Tua's biggest cheerleader", "I know my place" talk earlier this year. It's time. What was he thinking when they drafted Tua 5th overall? He was going to be the starter for a couple more years? He's no spring chicken and his inconsistent play and erratic, poor decision making doesn't make up for his age.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 6:03 pm 

tree_ wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Wasn't expecting these comments from him after all the "I'm Tua's biggest cheerleader", "I know my place" talk earlier this year. It's time. What was he thinking when they drafted Tua 5th overall? He was going to be the starter for a couple more years? He's no spring chicken and his inconsistent play and erratic, poor decision making doesn't make up for his age.

He's played pretty well this season and really well the last two blowout wins. It's an odd time to make a change. I feel bad for him.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 6:07 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

4/5 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
4/5 wrote:

He's played pretty well this season and really well the last two blowout wins. It's an odd time to make a change. I feel bad for him.
He has been playing better than average, but not great. If you look at the film, he misses wide open receivers at times and takes too many chances. How the hell do you throw that INT against the Jets just before halftime? What kind of throw was that? He will do this at least once every couple games. He's supposed to be the wise old Harvard grad vet. I love his passion and leadership, but he will never be consistently good. They are seeing Tua excel in practices and are making the choice that is best for the team. He needs to step up in his backup role and support Tua 100%.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 6:38 pm 

Players say Tua has been "alright" in practice but not better than Fitzy. Sounds like this hasn't gone over well at all with the team. The timing is just perplexing.

Edit: other players saying this sounds like they've given up on the season.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 6:40 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

4/5 wrote:
Players say Tua has been "alright" in practice but not better than Fitzy. Sounds like this hasn't gone over well at all with the team. The timing is just perplexing.
Where are you seeing this?

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 6:44 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

The timing is not perplexing at all to me. You've been driving an old '95 Ford Ranger huffing and puffing, giving its all while you've finally just received the shiny new expensive sports car out of the shop, all fixed up and now ready to go. You go with the shiny new toy every time, unless you're planning on back-roadin' or some stupid shit. I know some of these players like to drink Keystone and sleep in RV's, but this is a professional sports team, not a campfire.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 6:57 pm 
Polluted

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 7:46 pm 

tree_ wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Where are you seeing this?

Sun-Sentinel, Miami Herald and CBS Sports all have it.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 7:49 pm 

tree_ wrote:
The timing is not perplexing at all to me. You've been driving an old '95 Ford Ranger huffing and puffing, giving its all while you've finally just received the shiny new expensive sports car out of the shop, all fixed up and now ready to go. You go with the shiny new toy every time, unless you're planning on back-roadin' or some stupid shit. I know some of these players like to drink Keystone and sleep in RV's, but this is a professional sports team, not a campfire.

I was good with this being a redshirt year for Tua originally. When they cut Rosen that was clearly out. But I was still good with waiting and not rushing. KC kept their shiny sports car in the shop for 15 games and that worked out well.

Look I loved the Tua pick and I’ll be rooting hard for him. I also feel bad for Fitzy and think it might have been a smoother transition later in the season if/when Miami fell out of contention.

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 8:07 pm 
The Master

The Dolphins have been irrelevant for decades, due to consistently poor talent assessments and the corresponding decisions made. Why would that change now?

PostPosted: Wed October 21, 2020 8:48 pm 
Future Drummer

Fitzpatrick should be proud, dude has become the most legendary journeyman quarterback of all time.

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 2:14 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

they should have waited until Fitzpatrick hit the suck point in the Fitzpatrick cycle

now instead if Tua is shaky people will be calling for Fitz

but I think Tua prob wont be shaky tho

PostPosted: Thu October 22, 2020 6:16 pm 

Troy Aikman finally said something intelligent with and has spent 3 days running away from it. Just perfect.

I figured he couldn't have been right on purpose.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 83  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports