The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 83  Next
 Post subject: 2020 NFL Season
PostPosted: Fri January 03, 2020 12:35 am 
Site Admin

Self wrote:
It shouldn't be made until the league year starts!
Disagree, plenty that applies for 2020 happens before the start of the new league year. Most notable is the "legal tampering period" when we already know where the top free agents are going to go before the league year officially starts.

Post subject: Re: 2020 NFL Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 03, 2020 1:07 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

here we can also discuss 2020 coaching hires

like all the college coaches that will be hired by NFL teams and not pan out

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri January 03, 2020 1:25 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Can we at least call it "season" instead of thread?

PostPosted: Fri January 03, 2020 2:09 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

unless...

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri January 03, 2020 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Yes, absolutely. Sorry.

Post subject: Re: 2020 NFL Season
PostPosted: Fri January 03, 2020 3:15 pm 
Polluted

Green Habit wrote:
Self wrote:
Disagree, plenty that applies for 2020 happens before the start of the new league year. Most notable is the "legal tampering period" when we already know where the top free agents are going to go before the league year officially starts.

Agreed. But being right doesn't absolve you of your sin. May the Raiders do to you what the Titans are gonna do to the Pats.

PostPosted: Fri January 03, 2020 10:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Self wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Self wrote:

Agreed. But being right doesn't absolve you of your sin. May the Raiders do to you what the Titans are gonna do to the Pats.

Yes. May the Raiders always lose to the Broncos.

PostPosted: Sun January 05, 2020 4:24 am 
The Master

Green Habit wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Yes, absolutely. Sorry.

Can we call it “Will TB12 be back”?

PostPosted: Sun January 05, 2020 4:29 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Brady to Tampa in free agency

PostPosted: Sun January 05, 2020 3:38 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

lotta little boys in tampa that need kissing

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2020 12:24 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Brady should retire.

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2020 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2020 3:19 pm 
The Master

LOL

PostPosted: Mon January 06, 2020 3:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

oh boy

PostPosted: Sat January 18, 2020 1:32 pm 
mXn

PHATJ wrote:
Coach wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Coach wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Coach wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
100% of Red Sox fans I've heard from have taken the cheating allegation news with some version of, "Fuck it, whatever, fine them out the wazoo, I don't care" (I am not excepted from this group). It's unreal how far our morale as a fanbase has fallen in the past 14 months.

Omg, Boston hasn’t won a championship in like 20 minutes... fan moral is in the dumps! Lol, what a bunch of entitled pussies. Imagine living in a state where the most recent championship was 30 years ago and 3/4 of your major franchises have never won a championship. Then talk about fan moral. Fuck Boston. :lol:

Guy, my prime sports watching years as a kid were from 1984 to 2000. During that time, I saw the Buckner play live in '86, plenty of INTs from Drew Bledsoe, the Bears killing the Pats 46-10 in the Super Bowl and Desmond Howard and the Packers humiliate the Patriots in the '96 Super Bowl.

Then there's the drought: From '86 to 2000 (17 years) there wasn't a single title among the four major sports teams. Believe me, we suffered through a lot of losing and gut punching seasons from all these teams.

But yeah, 30 years does suck. I guess sports is about what degree of suckiness sucks the most and cheating is sometimes worthwhile.

The Twins last WS was in 1991. Since then they’ve lost 15 consecutive playoff games including 12 straight to the Yankees. Every other team in the AL Central has appeared in the World Series since the Twins last won a playoff game. The Royals and White Sox have won the WS.

The Vikings have lost 4 Super Bowls, 6 consecutive conference championship games, and 30 total playoff games - more than any team in NFL history. Their biggest rival, the GB Packers, remain a Super Bowl contender, having had about 25 consecutive years of QB play from Hall of Famers Brett Favre and Aaron Rogers.

The Timberwolves are perennial losers that had the longest playoff drought in the NBA until recently, and have just one conference finals appearance in Franchise history - a loss to the Lakers, Minneapolis’s former team, and one of the most successful franchises in pro sports history.

Minnesota is called “The State of Hockey”, yet the MN Wild have had very little post season success to speak of. After replacing the beloved North Stars that broke hearts by leaving the state of hockey for freaking Texas, the Wild have made just one conference finals appearance in franchise history, and regularly get sent home by their biggest divisional rival - the Chicago Blackhawks.

Brutal.

Yeah, that really sucks. The only positive thing I can think of is college hockey. MN won it all in '02 and '03. Plus they won it all three times in the 70s.

There's that rumor about Brady going to MN - if he has to play anywhere beside NE, I would root for MN to get him.

Being a MN fan isn’t easy.

I’d jizz my pants if Brady came to MN, but he’ll probably go to Chicago and just beat the Vikings twice a year.

The MN rumor about Brady is all over Boston. His mom is from there. The team plays indoors most of the time. They have the pieces for a championship....

That would be amazing. Can’t say that I’ve been hearing those rumors here though.

Moving this if you don’t mind ... I would bet a lot of money on MN taking a nosedive if they brought in 43 year old Brady, and a small part of me might actually hope the Patriots go further than they did this past season next year without him.

PostPosted: Sat January 18, 2020 1:35 pm 
mXn

Also what is MN’s legal policy on french kissing your own teenage son?

PostPosted: Fri January 31, 2020 6:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bammer wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Coach wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Coach wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Coach wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
100% of Red Sox fans I've heard from have taken the cheating allegation news with some version of, "Fuck it, whatever, fine them out the wazoo, I don't care" (I am not excepted from this group). It's unreal how far our morale as a fanbase has fallen in the past 14 months.

Omg, Boston hasn’t won a championship in like 20 minutes... fan moral is in the dumps! Lol, what a bunch of entitled pussies. Imagine living in a state where the most recent championship was 30 years ago and 3/4 of your major franchises have never won a championship. Then talk about fan moral. Fuck Boston. :lol:

Guy, my prime sports watching years as a kid were from 1984 to 2000. During that time, I saw the Buckner play live in '86, plenty of INTs from Drew Bledsoe, the Bears killing the Pats 46-10 in the Super Bowl and Desmond Howard and the Packers humiliate the Patriots in the '96 Super Bowl.

Then there's the drought: From '86 to 2000 (17 years) there wasn't a single title among the four major sports teams. Believe me, we suffered through a lot of losing and gut punching seasons from all these teams.

But yeah, 30 years does suck. I guess sports is about what degree of suckiness sucks the most and cheating is sometimes worthwhile.

The Twins last WS was in 1991. Since then they’ve lost 15 consecutive playoff games including 12 straight to the Yankees. Every other team in the AL Central has appeared in the World Series since the Twins last won a playoff game. The Royals and White Sox have won the WS.

The Vikings have lost 4 Super Bowls, 6 consecutive conference championship games, and 30 total playoff games - more than any team in NFL history. Their biggest rival, the GB Packers, remain a Super Bowl contender, having had about 25 consecutive years of QB play from Hall of Famers Brett Favre and Aaron Rogers.

The Timberwolves are perennial losers that had the longest playoff drought in the NBA until recently, and have just one conference finals appearance in Franchise history - a loss to the Lakers, Minneapolis’s former team, and one of the most successful franchises in pro sports history.

Minnesota is called “The State of Hockey”, yet the MN Wild have had very little post season success to speak of. After replacing the beloved North Stars that broke hearts by leaving the state of hockey for freaking Texas, the Wild have made just one conference finals appearance in franchise history, and regularly get sent home by their biggest divisional rival - the Chicago Blackhawks.

Brutal.

Yeah, that really sucks. The only positive thing I can think of is college hockey. MN won it all in '02 and '03. Plus they won it all three times in the 70s.

There's that rumor about Brady going to MN - if he has to play anywhere beside NE, I would root for MN to get him.

Being a MN fan isn’t easy.

I’d jizz my pants if Brady came to MN, but he’ll probably go to Chicago and just beat the Vikings twice a year.

The MN rumor about Brady is all over Boston. His mom is from there. The team plays indoors most of the time. They have the pieces for a championship....

That would be amazing. Can’t say that I’ve been hearing those rumors here though.

Moving this if you don’t mind ... I would bet a lot of money on MN taking a nosedive if they brought in 43 year old Brady, and a small part of me might actually hope the Patriots go further than they did this past season next year without him.

They went, what, 11-5 without him and with Matt Cassel so anything is possible. If only they had a bright young good looking replacement....like that guy in SF. Still, that sixth SB was sweet, so it's a tough situation all around when to call it quits for both sides. I'd root for Brady where ever he goes and remain a Pats fan. I think that's how most will handle it.

PostPosted: Fri January 31, 2020 6:07 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

So, MN pays Kirk Cousins like the highest QB contract, and the next year they're going to take 43 year old Brady for one year? Really doubt that.

PostPosted: Fri January 31, 2020 6:17 pm 

While Belichick may not want him another year, pretty sure Kraft wants Brady's legacy to be a Patriot for his whole career. I think if there is any chance that Brady is willing to stay, Kraft will make it happen.

PostPosted: Fri January 31, 2020 6:46 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

It's been reported that Brady's kids were un-enrolled from Massachusetts schools recently. Again, might not mean much, just adds to the story.

If it's not NE, I think he's a Viking or Charger. I doubt he hangs 'em up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1657 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 83  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports