Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Who will win the national championship?

Clemson
40%
LSU
60%

Total votes : 15

Re: College Football

Wed January 10, 2018 4:39 pm

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/was-f ... oi49190II/

This is not conspiracy, it's terrible officiating.

It doesn't fucking matter anyway. Whatever it is that can happen to fuck a team from this state, it will fucking happen.

The same loser bullshit that happens every time a team plays well in a game and loses is being said now. Oh, they'll be back.

No, no they won't. Roquan Smith is a generational linebacker. They lose 31 seniors on top of that. I don't care how good Jake Fromm was, he'll probably break his fucking leg next year.

Wed January 10, 2018 5:16 pm

please calm down

Wed January 10, 2018 5:48 pm

As an unbiased viewer, I didn't think any of these missed calls were that egregious. Bad/missed calls happen.

Wed January 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:As an unbiased viewer, I didn't think any of these missed calls were that egregious. Bad/missed calls happen.

It would make a lot of sense to go to review on calls like the offsides punt block. That was absolutely egregious.

Wed January 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:As an unbiased viewer, I didn't think any of these missed calls were that egregious. Bad/missed calls happen.

It would make a lot of sense to go to review on calls like the offsides punt block. That was absolutely egregious.

Not reviewable though.

Wed January 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

Not reviewable though.

I realize that is the case now, that's what I'm asking for. Most of this could be fixed by simply having a damned video official at the game watching upstairs and stopping play when there's an obvious error.

Anyone liking the "human element" has a stake in that as if humans screwing up was some kind of thing to be lauded. To have that effort in a championship game was pathetic.

Wed January 10, 2018 6:28 pm

The last thing college football needs is more stoppages in play. I agree with you in theory, but in practice it would be miserable. Everything would get second guessed.

Thu January 11, 2018 5:44 pm

So, is it too early to talk 2018?

Quick preview on Clemson..

2 starting WRs declaring for draft
1 DB declaring
1 OT staying senior year
3 RBs will be back
6 QBs are in the mix, including the #1 overall recruit Trevor Larwence who enrolled in January

The QB battle is the one to watch. The WRs leaving have backups who saw a lot of PT last year and the team shouldn't miss a beat there. With QBs though, do you go with the guy who lead the team to the playoffs and a 12-2 record? That would be Kelly Bryant and he's really a mixed bag. Great athlete, ok passer. The guys behind him are more passing first guys. With the talent at WR, I'm wondering if the team changes direction and goes back to more of an air attack (2017 was run first).

Sun January 14, 2018 5:11 am

Keith Jackson was one of my heros, and one of the best to ever lend his voice to the broadcast of sport.

I'll miss him. Vaya Con Dios.

Tue January 16, 2018 3:44 pm

and Hugh Freeze is in Tuscaloosa......

Tue January 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Electromatic wrote:and Hugh Freeze is in Tuscaloosa......

what's her name?

Tue January 16, 2018 4:19 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:

what's her name?

You know the latest disgraced Ole Miss Coach who beat Alabama a few times. There is no show cause to hire him as an assistant.

He should be a really good OC.

So the school he cheated to assist won't go to a bowl and will lose 13 scholarships, he'll go to Alabama during his penalty year, likely win a championship and parlay that in to millions elsewhere.

The NCAA is so wonderful.

Tue January 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Electromatic wrote:

what's her name?

You know the latest disgraced Ole Miss Coach who beat Alabama a few times. There is no show cause to hire him as an assistant.

So the school he cheated to assist won't go to a bowl and will lose 13 scholarships, he'll go to Alabama during his penalty year, likely win a championship and parlay that in to millions elsewhere.

should saban hire him?

Tue January 16, 2018 6:26 pm

Electromatic wrote:

what's her name?

should saban hire him?

if he wants to. I don't have any idea how the interview went, I wouldn't be surprised if he's hired.

Wed January 17, 2018 12:01 am

Electromatic wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

what's her name?

should saban hire him?

if he wants to. I don't have any idea how the interview went, I wouldn't be surprised if he's hired.

oh it went pretty well

Wed January 17, 2018 5:53 am

Electromatic wrote:Keith Jackson was one of my heros, and one of the best to ever lend his voice to the broadcast of sport.

I'll miss him. Vaya Con Dios.

Truly a legend.

Wed January 17, 2018 11:03 pm

Man, some sad news out of Washington State.
Washington State's Tyler Hilinski dies from apparent self-inflicted gunshot
Sports Illustrated on MSN.com · 18h

Pullman, Wash., police said that a rifle was found next to the Cougars quarterback's body in an apartment, along with a suicide note.

Thu February 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Kirby Smart is good at recruiting.

Bammer, You’re going to love Jacob Eason.

Thu March 01, 2018 2:35 pm

Spring practice is starting. What are your team's biggest questions going into the season?

Thu March 01, 2018 2:39 pm

Michigan:
1) Development of offensive line?
2) Shea Patterson's eligibility and/or Brandon Peters' maturation?
3) Can Higdon tote the rock like Michigan RB's of yore?
Post a reply