The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 129  Next

Who will win the national championship?
Alabama 55%  55%  [ 11 ]
Clemson 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Ohio State 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Washington 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 20
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 4:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16076
Location: Mizzou
This is a beat down.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 5:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
☹️

Only 9 months till September.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 53750
i wish this game would end so i can go to bed

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i wish this game would end so i can go to bed

It’s been over len


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 5:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 53750
darth_vedder wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i wish this game would end so i can go to bed

It’s been over len

i know, darth...i know

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 5:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
Clemson’s D played solid, but man alive, the O-line and QB play were awful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 5037
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
To echo earlier sentiments...that Rose Bowl was something else.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 18614
congrats lenny. another title appears imminent.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2942
So... UCF beats Auburn. Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia before then losing to Georgia in the SEC Championship Game.. If/When Alabama or Georgia wins the NCG, does an undefeated UCF get enough votes from the AP to claim a share?

Probably not, but still an undefeated season with a capstone win in the Peach Bowl deserves acknowledgement before Scott Frost goes back to Nebraska.


That's still a scary program going forward, huge school, centrally located around a ton of talent in Florida.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16076
Location: Mizzou
Electromatic wrote:
So... UCF beats Auburn. Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia before then losing to Georgia in the SEC Championship Game.. If/When Alabama or Georgia wins the NCG, does an undefeated UCF get enough votes from the AP to claim a share?

Probably not, but still an undefeated season with a capstone win in the Peach Bowl deserves acknowledgement before Scott Frost goes back to Nebraska.


That's still a scary program going forward, huge school, centrally located around a ton of talent in Florida.


When are people going to stop pretending that bowl games outside of the playoff mean anything? What exactly did Auburn have to play for? That's not taking anything away from UCF's season.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2942
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
So... UCF beats Auburn. Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia before then losing to Georgia in the SEC Championship Game.. If/When Alabama or Georgia wins the NCG, does an undefeated UCF get enough votes from the AP to claim a share?

Probably not, but still an undefeated season with a capstone win in the Peach Bowl deserves acknowledgement before Scott Frost goes back to Nebraska.


That's still a scary program going forward, huge school, centrally located around a ton of talent in Florida.


When are people going to stop pretending that bowl games outside of the playoff mean anything? What exactly did Auburn have to play for? That's not taking anything away from UCF's season.


Nothing. But they were trying. I know very little about UCF other than Scott Frost and some talented defenders who will be drafted. It wasn't an impressive schedule really other than a really nice win over a very good Memphis team, They'll finish better than 12th anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 53750
predictions? bama 73 georgia 24

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2942
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
predictions? bama 73 georgia 24



Alabama 16 Georgia 10


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 53750
Electromatic wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
predictions? bama 73 georgia 24



Alabama 16 Georgia 10

no way we don't score 73

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5666
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
predictions? bama 73 georgia 24
Alabama 16 Georgia 10
no way we don't score 73
How many of those 73 are defensive points?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 53750
Green Habit wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
predictions? bama 73 georgia 24
Alabama 16 Georgia 10
no way we don't score 73
How many of those 73 are defensive points?

69

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2942
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
predictions? bama 73 georgia 24



Alabama 16 Georgia 10

no way we don't score 73


Bama 96 Georgia 3


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16076
Location: Mizzou
9-6 Alabama.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2942
Monkey_Driven wrote:
9-6 Alabama.


Alabama 5 - Georgia 2


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16076
Location: Mizzou
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
9-6 Alabama.


Alabama 5 - Georgia 2


Nothing says national championship level football like two safeties.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 129  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat December 15, 2018 11:11 pm