The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 161  Next

Who will win the national championship?
Clemson 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
LSU 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 9
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 6515
Wow, that is a horrible rule. And you're right--there are going to be several QBs that can't remember that in the heat of play and unjustly lose a game for their team.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed August 21, 2013 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Mizzou
Just picked up my season tickets. 8 days until the season kicks off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed August 21, 2013 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27630
Location: Illinois
These student athletes are in some big trouble...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23250897/four-former-vanderbilt-players-plead-not-guilty-to-rape

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon August 26, 2013 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6765
It's officially game week!



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon August 26, 2013 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Mizzou
darth_vedder wrote:
It's officially game week!



Obligatory post about there being way too many marquee night games and not enough day games. Spread the quality out networks!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6765
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
It's officially game week!


Obligatory post about there being way too many marquee night games and not enough day games. Spread the quality out networks!


I am not a fan of night games. I love the 3:30 games for college and the 1pm games for the NFL. I absolutely despise Thursday Night Football (both college and NFL), and I don't like either Sunday or Monday Night football.

I hope Fox Sports 1 will give ESPN a run for their money. It would be nice to see some quality competition.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2013 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Mizzou
darth_vedder wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
It's officially game week!


Obligatory post about there being way too many marquee night games and not enough day games. Spread the quality out networks!


I am not a fan of night games. I love the 3:30 games for college and the 1pm games for the NFL. I absolutely despise Thursday Night Football (both college and NFL), and I don't like either Sunday or Monday Night football.

I hope Fox Sports 1 will give ESPN a run for their money. It would be nice to see some quality competition.


We can hope, but if their regular Fox Sports telecasts are any indication we are due to be disappointed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 27, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6765
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
It's officially game week!


Obligatory post about there being way too many marquee night games and not enough day games. Spread the quality out networks!


I am not a fan of night games. I love the 3:30 games for college and the 1pm games for the NFL. I absolutely despise Thursday Night Football (both college and NFL), and I don't like either Sunday or Monday Night football.

I hope Fox Sports 1 will give ESPN a run for their money. It would be nice to see some quality competition.


We can hope, but if their regular Fox Sports telecasts are any indication we are due to be disappointed.


I watched their college football preview and it was like another ESecPN wank fest.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Fri August 30, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Mizzou
Vandy being Vandy in spectacular fashion last night.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 3:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 66279
What a douche Manziel is.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 4:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27630
Location: Illinois
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a douche Manziel is.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 4:03 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 3541
Darth is popping bottles!

Dabo and co out coached the shit out of Georgia.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 3051
Texas will probably have another underwhelming season compared to their ranking, but goddamn if we don't have some RBs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 7087
verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a douche Manziel is.


i really want to agree with this but im not sure what was said to him to elicit that response

_________________
doug rr wrote:
i was busy grilling meat...i'll try to keep up..i could use some help from you cunts when its busy though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 66279
Peeps wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a douche Manziel is.


i really want to agree with this but im not sure what was said to him to elicit that response

I was referring to him rubbing his fingers together to indicate getting paid and also him signing his autograph in the air. Live up your perceived "popularity" dude, you'll catch Tebowitis if you ever get drafted.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 7087
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Peeps wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a douche Manziel is.


i really want to agree with this but im not sure what was said to him to elicit that response

I was referring to him rubbing his fingers together to indicate getting paid and also him signing his autograph in the air. Live up your perceived "popularity" dude, you'll catch Tebowitis if you ever get drafted.



well the money thing he did last year also, so he gets a pass on that. the autograph thing like i said, i would like to know what was said before i pass judgement

_________________
doug rr wrote:
i was busy grilling meat...i'll try to keep up..i could use some help from you cunts when its busy though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 66279
I know he did the money thing last year. But after all that's transpired you would think he would want to tone it down. Clearly when he says "I'm twenty, I'm not perfect and going to make mistakes" he doesn't really mean mistakes but just getting caught. Just not doing anything to shake that spoiled rich boy image imo.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 9:08 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 3541
Peeps wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a douche Manziel is.


i really want to agree with this but im not sure what was said to him to elicit that response



Getting in a shouting match with defenders from Rice University and picking up a 15 yard personal foul will pretty much do it. He's not even mature enough to make it through a half of football without the rich white trash coming out.

He's the best player in the history of Texas A&M I feel pretty confident and his coach has to take him out of the game so he doesn't further embarrass the institution. That's sad.

Other than the tremendous talent, he's everything no one wants their child to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27630
Location: Illinois
Saw a Cal DE get tossed for a relatively straight forward hit on NW's QB last night. 15 yard penalty would have been fair I guess but to throw him out of the game was crazy. Anybody see it?

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 01, 2013 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 07, 2013 11:39 pm
Posts: 380
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Electromatic wrote:
He's the best player in the history of Texas A&M


Umm, Leeland McElroy and Dat Nguyen?????


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 161  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun April 18, 2021 11:21 pm