The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 161  Next

Who will win the national championship?
Clemson 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
LSU 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 9
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2013 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Mizzou
Green Habit wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
So what preseason top 10 team will not be ranked at the end of the season?
A&M is my obvious choice.


Mine too. They're not going to sneak up on anyone this season.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2013 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 6515
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
So what preseason top 10 team will not be ranked at the end of the season?
A&M is my obvious choice.
Mine too. They're not going to sneak up on anyone this season.
Hm, I took a look at their schedule and it's actually pretty cupcake like. Still, I think they'll lose to at least Bama and LSU. I'll be rooting hardcore for Mizzou to finish them off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 6388
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
1 Alabama
2 Ohio State
3 Oregon
4 Stanford
5 Georgia
6 Texas A&M
7 South Carolina
8 Clemson
9 Louisville
10 Florida
11 Notre Dame

I could see A&M being top 10, but I'd be surprised if Oregon, ND, & Florida finish as high as they are here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2013 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Mizzou
Green Habit wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
So what preseason top 10 team will not be ranked at the end of the season?
A&M is my obvious choice.
Mine too. They're not going to sneak up on anyone this season.
Hm, I took a look at their schedule and it's actually pretty cupcake like. Still, I think they'll lose to at least Bama and LSU. I'll be rooting hardcore for Mizzou to finish them off.


Me too. In a weird scheduling quirk it will be the first time Mizzou has played A&M in Missouri since 2007. We've played them in College Station three straight years.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2013 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 6515
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Me too. In a weird scheduling quirk it will be the first time Mizzou has played A&M in Missouri since 2007. We've played them in College Station three straight years.
Wait a minute...did they play each other last year? I thought Arkansas was going to be Mizzou's permanent cross division rival.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2013 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6765
elliseamos wrote:
1 Alabama
2 Ohio State
3 Oregon
4 Stanford
5 Georgia
6 Texas A&M
7 South Carolina
8 Clemson
9 Louisville
10 Florida
11 Notre Dame

I could see A&M being top 10, but I'd be surprised if Oregon, ND, & Florida finish as high as they are here.


Clemson could lose to UGA, SCAR, and FSU, and that would knock them out of the top 10 for sure and maybe even the top 20.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2013 9:48 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 32681
Location: the beach
nebraska has an easy schedule and should start at least 9-0...they'll be ranked high and get blown out in a bowl game


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue August 13, 2013 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27632
Location: Illinois
No way Texas A&M has a top 10 season with Johnny Football imploding....

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed August 14, 2013 12:20 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:25 pm
Posts: 700
Location: Cleveland
I hope Manziel gets the same kind of suspension Pryor, Herron and those other guys got. (assuming this is all true)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed August 14, 2013 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Mizzou
Green Habit wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Me too. In a weird scheduling quirk it will be the first time Mizzou has played A&M in Missouri since 2007. We've played them in College Station three straight years.
Wait a minute...did they play each other last year? I thought Arkansas was going to be Mizzou's permanent cross division rival.


Don't worry, I chose to forget the latter half of the season too. Yes, they played each other for logistical reasons. The cross-division with Arkansas starts next season.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed August 14, 2013 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Mizzou
doug rr wrote:
nebraska has an easy schedule and should start at least 9-0...they'll be ranked high and get blown out in a bowl game


They'll find a way to lose to a mediocre team. You're exactly right about a bowl game too. Pelini has yet to win a big game in his career.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed August 14, 2013 2:41 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 3541
Monkey_Driven wrote:
doug rr wrote:
nebraska has an easy schedule and should start at least 9-0...they'll be ranked high and get blown out in a bowl game


They'll find a way to lose to a mediocre team. You're exactly right about a bowl game too. Pelini has yet to win a big game in his career.


Well, he did study under Les Miles.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 7388
Location: 5th floor, Bay 7, position 5740
Did you know there was a rule change concerning spiking the ball to kill the clock at the of the game? There has to be at least three seconds on the clock now. If it's within three seconds the game is over. You know someone's not going to know/remember this, probably as soon as opening weekend.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25203
Location: Mizzou
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Did you know there was a rule change concerning spiking the ball to kill the clock at the of the game? There has to be at least three seconds on the clock now. If it's within three seconds the game is over. You know someone's not going to know/remember this, probably as soon as opening weekend.


Why was the rule changed?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 72497
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Did you know there was a rule change concerning spiking the ball to kill the clock at the of the game? There has to be at least three seconds on the clock now. If it's within three seconds the game is over. You know someone's not going to know/remember this, probably as soon as opening weekend.


Why was the rule changed?

To protect the QB.

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 376
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Did you know there was a rule change concerning spiking the ball to kill the clock at the of the game? There has to be at least three seconds on the clock now. If it's within three seconds the game is over. You know someone's not going to know/remember this, probably as soon as opening weekend.


Why was the rule changed?

To protect the QB.


Huh? How does that protect the QB?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 72497
mray10 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Did you know there was a rule change concerning spiking the ball to kill the clock at the of the game? There has to be at least three seconds on the clock now. If it's within three seconds the game is over. You know someone's not going to know/remember this, probably as soon as opening weekend.


Why was the rule changed?

To protect the QB.


Huh? How does that protect the QB?

lol

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6765
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
mray10 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Did you know there was a rule change concerning spiking the ball to kill the clock at the of the game? There has to be at least three seconds on the clock now. If it's within three seconds the game is over. You know someone's not going to know/remember this, probably as soon as opening weekend.


Why was the rule changed?

To protect the QB.


Huh? How does that protect the QB?

lol


Why the lol? I don't get the rule either, kinda seems like overkill to me. What am I missing?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 72497
darth_vedder wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
mray10 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Did you know there was a rule change concerning spiking the ball to kill the clock at the of the game? There has to be at least three seconds on the clock now. If it's within three seconds the game is over. You know someone's not going to know/remember this, probably as soon as opening weekend.


Why was the rule changed?

To protect the QB.


Huh? How does that protect the QB?

lol


Why the lol? I don't get the rule either, kinda seems like overkill to me. What am I missing?

8-)

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Fri August 16, 2013 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6765
Here is a link to an article discussing rule changes:
http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/ ... ames-11851


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 161  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon April 19, 2021 12:01 am