The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 209  Next

Who will win the national championship?
Clemson 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
LSU 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon September 23, 2013 2:24 pm 
The Master

Hopefully the playoff committee will factor in these cupcake opponents when they're deciding on the final 4 next year.

PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2013 1:28 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

The Turtles, aka Terps of Maryland, sure are getting full of themselves. I have a lot of friends in this area that went to Maryland, and they (along with some local sports commentators) seem to think Maryland will beat both FSU and Clemson. Their 4-0 start has got them thinking they are a team to be reckoned with. Now, I'm not saying they are a pushover or anything, but I think judgement on them needs to be reserved until they play Florida State. I also fully recognize that Maryland plays their best game of the year, every year, vs. Clemson. The Tigers play Maryland at College Park this year (I'll be there) on their homecoming. It definitely could be an upset, but talking to the Maryland people around here, they seem to think they've already won the game and the ACC. Personally, I want them to lose out. It would be embarrassing for a team leaving the conference to win it in their last year. I hope FSU, Clemson and NC State kick the shit out of them.

PostPosted: Sun September 29, 2013 12:22 am 
Rank This Poster

Yes

PostPosted: Sun September 29, 2013 1:39 pm 
Rank This Poster

Sanford Stadium is not always the best venue in college football, but yesterday, it was. That's one of the finest QB duels at any level I've ever seen and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

That was everything that is great about college football.

PostPosted: Sun September 29, 2013 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Electromatic wrote:
Sanford Stadium is not always the best venue in college football, but yesterday, it was. That's one of the finest QB duels at any level I've ever seen and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

I'm disappointed that I couldn't watch most of the 2nd half. That looked like an all around awesome game.

Also, I loved the UGA fans actually cheering Lee Corso when he picked LSU. I guess there's something to that superstition.

PostPosted: Sun September 29, 2013 4:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

elliseamos wrote:
1 Alabama
2 Ohio State
3 Oregon
4 Stanford
5 Georgia
6 Texas A&M
7 South Carolina
8 Clemson
9 Louisville
10 Florida
11 Notre Dame

I could see A&M being top 10, but I'd be surprised if Oregon, ND, & Florida finish as high as they are here.

i'm still feeling good about this from before the season started. I see stanford and washington making it hard for Oregon to finish in the top 10.

PostPosted: Mon September 30, 2013 1:51 am 
Rank This Poster

How are Florida and ND and South Carolina ahead of LSU? That's dumb

PostPosted: Mon September 30, 2013 1:54 am 
Rank This Poster

Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

I'm disappointed that I couldn't watch most of the 2nd half. That looked like an all around awesome game.

Also, I loved the UGA fans actually cheering Lee Corso when he picked LSU. I guess there's something to that superstition.

You need to see the second half. Mettenberger made some spectacular throws. Murray was tactically brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 8:51 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Electromatic wrote:
How are Florida and ND and South Carolina ahead of LSU? That's dumb

that was the pre-season rankings.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 1:19 am 
Future Drummer

Electromatic wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

You need to see the second half. Mettenberger made some spectacular throws. Murray was tactically brilliant.

Reading about this game, I was pretty bummed that I missed it.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 1:37 am 
Rank This Poster

It was Manning vs Farve type if you guys remember that game from a few years ago in Indy.

PostPosted: Thu October 03, 2013 7:48 pm 
Rank This Poster

Interesting that Bob Stoops is still upset that the SEC gets pub.

Everyone in the SEC knows the defenses are bad because almost all of the defensive upperclassmen got drafted last year and the targeting rule basically eliminates hard hitting safeties.

Guy has a complex. Win a big game one time Bob. Just once.

PostPosted: Thu October 03, 2013 7:49 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Electromatic wrote:
Interesting that Bob Stoops is still upset that the SEC gets pub.

Everyone in the SEC knows the defenses are bad because almost all of the defensive upperclassmen got drafted last year and the targeting rule basically eliminates hard hitting safeties.

Guy has a complex. Win a big game one time Bob. Just once.

Go Gators

PostPosted: Thu October 03, 2013 8:38 pm 
The Master

First major test of the season for my team this week at Vandy. Yours truly will be in attendance.

PostPosted: Sat October 05, 2013 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

darth_vedder wrote:
The Turtles, aka Terps of Maryland, sure are getting full of themselves. I have a lot of friends in this area that went to Maryland, and they (along with some local sports commentators) seem to think Maryland will beat both FSU and Clemson. Their 4-0 start has got them thinking they are a team to be reckoned with. Now, I'm not saying they are a pushover or anything, but I think judgement on them needs to be reserved until they play Florida State. I also fully recognize that Maryland plays their best game of the year, every year, vs. Clemson. The Tigers play Maryland at College Park this year (I'll be there) on their homecoming. It definitely could be an upset, but talking to the Maryland people around here, they seem to think they've already won the game and the ACC. Personally, I want them to lose out. It would be embarrassing for a team leaving the conference to win it in their last year. I hope FSU, Clemson and NC State kick the shit out of them.
Yeah, it's safe to say that Maryland are a bunch of frauds.

PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 3:32 am 
The Master

Green Habit wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

terp fans should hang out with philadelphia eagles fans

PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 7:42 am 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Monkey_Driven wrote:
First major test of the season for my team this week at Vandy. Yours truly will be in attendance.

Playing at Vandy is a major test?
In other SEC news I don't know if Georgia deserved to win today but I'm mighty glad they did.

PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 12:22 pm 
Rank This Poster

spike wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:

terp fans should hang out with philadelphia eagles fans

It's a Queen o

PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 4:57 pm 
The Master

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Playing at Vandy is a major test?
In other SEC news I don't know if Georgia deserved to win today but I'm mighty glad they did.

Apparently not after last night's game. First road conference game against a bowl team. I say that is a test for a team that went 5-7 last year. Mizzou is much better this year though.

PostPosted: Mon October 07, 2013 1:38 pm 
Rank This Poster

So Georgia is going to be down both starting running backs and 3 starting WR's as well as a few DB's.

There's a good chance Mizzou comes in and steals one.

It's almost impossible to have this kind of luck in this state. Absolutely cursed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 209  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports