The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next

Who will win the national championship?
Alabama 56%  56%  [ 9 ]
Clemson 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
Ohio State 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Washington 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 16
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue September 05, 2017 3:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 37153
Monkey_Driven wrote:
This Tennessee Georgia Tech game has been fun.

yes but please end so i can go to bed

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue September 05, 2017 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
This Tennessee Georgia Tech game has been fun.

yes but please end so i can go to bed

Done!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue September 05, 2017 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 37153
Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
This Tennessee Georgia Tech game has been fun.

yes but please end so i can go to bed

Done!

goodnight, sweet prince

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 12:38 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2400
so yeah, maybe we should hold off on that whole rankings thing until November or so eh?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
Electromatic wrote:
so yeah, maybe we should hold off on that whole rankings thing until November or so eh?


Yes. First AP poll should come out before Week 5.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 17, 2017 4:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4506
I'm kind of amazed at the lack of college football interest on RM.

PS agreed that poll/rankings this early are wack.

_________________
matt reeder wrote:
Oklahoma is terrible. It's one of our worst states by almost every metric, including stolen sports teams.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon September 18, 2017 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
Bammer wrote:
I'm kind of amazed at the lack of college football interest on RM.

PS agreed that poll/rankings this early are wack.


Same. It can be tough to talk about sometimes though since there are so many games each week. I miss out on seeing a lot of good matchups to go watch my shitty team play.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon September 18, 2017 2:37 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2400
Bammer wrote:
I'm kind of amazed at the lack of college football interest on RM.

PS agreed that poll/rankings this early are wack.



I thought the weekend was pretty good. I was hoping Texas would edge USC but USC is the better team. Miss State beating LSU was pretty satisfying, I think the Bulldogs may be able to parlay that in to something against a pretty good Georgia team in Athens this weekend.

Clemson's defense (defensive line in particular) is freaking special. I don't put much into the 47 pts on offense because Louisville doesn't have much on defense but the offense is coming along with Kelly Bryant, he's getting there.


What have you thought of the Huskies thus far? I don't see anything about USC's defense (and offense either frankly) to make me think that just because Sam Darnold had a great Rose Bowl I should expect them to win the Pac 12.


Also, Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State could be epic this fall.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue September 19, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4506
Electromatic wrote:
Bammer wrote:
I'm kind of amazed at the lack of college football interest on RM.

PS agreed that poll/rankings this early are wack.



I thought the weekend was pretty good. I was hoping Texas would edge USC but USC is the better team. Miss State beating LSU was pretty satisfying, I think the Bulldogs may be able to parlay that in to something against a pretty good Georgia team in Athens this weekend.

Clemson's defense (defensive line in particular) is freaking special. I don't put much into the 47 pts on offense because Louisville doesn't have much on defense but the offense is coming along with Kelly Bryant, he's getting there.


What have you thought of the Huskies thus far? I don't see anything about USC's defense (and offense either frankly) to make me think that just because Sam Darnold had a great Rose Bowl I should expect them to win the Pac 12.


Also, Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State could be epic this fall.

No real opinion on the Huskies yet. The first game was closer than it should have been, then a couple blowouts over cupcakes. The season starts this week in Boulder and I'll be there with my rain poncho on.

_________________
matt reeder wrote:
Oklahoma is terrible. It's one of our worst states by almost every metric, including stolen sports teams.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue September 19, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2400
Bammer wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Bammer wrote:
I'm kind of amazed at the lack of college football interest on RM.

PS agreed that poll/rankings this early are wack.



I thought the weekend was pretty good. I was hoping Texas would edge USC but USC is the better team. Miss State beating LSU was pretty satisfying, I think the Bulldogs may be able to parlay that in to something against a pretty good Georgia team in Athens this weekend.

Clemson's defense (defensive line in particular) is freaking special. I don't put much into the 47 pts on offense because Louisville doesn't have much on defense but the offense is coming along with Kelly Bryant, he's getting there.


What have you thought of the Huskies thus far? I don't see anything about USC's defense (and offense either frankly) to make me think that just because Sam Darnold had a great Rose Bowl I should expect them to win the Pac 12.


Also, Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State could be epic this fall.

No real opinion on the Huskies yet. The first game was closer than it should have been, then a couple blowouts over cupcakes. The season starts this week in Boulder and I'll be there with my rain poncho on.



Awesome, have fun. I like that campus.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 24, 2017 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 37153
bama squeaked one out today

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 24, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
bama squeaked one out today


LOL


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 24, 2017 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 37153
Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
bama squeaked one out today


LOL

go mizzou

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 24, 2017 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
bama squeaked one out today


LOL

go mizzou


1-11. It is happening. Purge the demons.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun September 24, 2017 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 37153
uga looking pretty good

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon September 25, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2400
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
uga looking pretty good



Yeah unfortunately they go to Knoxville next week. Neyland Stadium's turf is always good for at least one ACL tear.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun October 01, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4506
So how 'bout that college football, huh?

_________________
matt reeder wrote:
Oklahoma is terrible. It's one of our worst states by almost every metric, including stolen sports teams.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2400
The wheat is separating from the Chaff.


Also, from Meat Market to Outhouse. the Ed Orgeron story. Ole Miss fired David Cutcliff for Ed Orgeron right after Eli Manning's career and they cratered.

LSU hired Ed Orgeron essentially hoping that whomever he brought in would provide them with this new thing called the Forward Pass on offense. They just lost to Troy... at home.

Ed Orgeron is like the Sherman of the SEC west.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
Electromatic wrote:
The wheat is separating from the Chaff.


Also, from Meat Market to Outhouse. the Ed Orgeron story. Ole Miss fired David Cutcliff for Ed Orgeron right after Eli Manning's career and they cratered.

LSU hired Ed Orgeron essentially hoping that whomever he brought in would provide them with this new thing called the Forward Pass on offense. They just lost to Troy... at home.

Ed Orgeron is like the Sherman of the SEC west.


I'm not sure why they hired him either.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2400
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
The wheat is separating from the Chaff.


Also, from Meat Market to Outhouse. the Ed Orgeron story. Ole Miss fired David Cutcliff for Ed Orgeron right after Eli Manning's career and they cratered.

LSU hired Ed Orgeron essentially hoping that whomever he brought in would provide them with this new thing called the Forward Pass on offense. They just lost to Troy... at home.

Ed Orgeron is like the Sherman of the SEC west.


I'm not sure why they hired him either.



They finished pretty well last year with him at interim, I think there was just an emotional appeal to hire him since he's from the area... but wow, as a head coach, he's just not good. He's obviously a good recruiter.... but man that offense.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun October 22, 2017 10:06 am