The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 119  Next

Who will win the national championship?
Alabama 55%  55%  [ 11 ]
Clemson 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Ohio State 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Washington 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 20
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 13344
Location: Dat Azz
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
9-6 Alabama.


Alabama 5 - Georgia 2


Nothing says national championship level football like two safeties.

Bama 4 - Georgia 2

Three safeties 8-)

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14757
Location: Mizzou
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
9-6 Alabama.


Alabama 5 - Georgia 2


Nothing says national championship level football like two safeties.

Bama 4 - Georgia 2

Three safeties 8-)


I see what you did there. I would only approve of this score if it involved at least one punter badly mishandling a snap and kicking it out of bounds and/or getting tackled in the end zone, resulting in a safety. High comedy every time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 13344
Location: Dat Azz
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
9-6 Alabama.


Alabama 5 - Georgia 2


Nothing says national championship level football like two safeties.

Bama 4 - Georgia 2

Three safeties 8-)


I see what you did there. I would only approve of this score if it involved at least one punter badly mishandling a snap and kicking it out of bounds and/or getting tackled in the end zone, resulting in a safety. High comedy every time.

Brilliant

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8942
Location: An office full of assholes
can someone explain why michigan has to pay $7 million for harbaugh to go 8-5 and only beat 1 opponent above .500 (purdue)? jesus.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 1:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 8573
he makes them lots of monet

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8942
Location: An office full of assholes
96583UP wrote:
he makes them lots of monet

they made a lot of money before he was there, and they'll make it after he leaves


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 3:10 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2847
Chris_H_2 wrote:
can someone explain why michigan has to pay $7 million for harbaugh to go 8-5 and only beat 1 opponent above .500 (purdue)? jesus.



He’s cheaper than Jimbo?

For what it’s worth I think they’ll be better with Shae Patterson if he can play next year.

I don’t blame the frustration at all. A lot of bluster for not much substance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 5:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5457
What is RM’s official position on a split national championship this year with UCF taking home some hardware?

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 5:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14757
Location: Mizzou
Bammer wrote:
What is RM’s official position on a split national championship this year with UCF taking home some hardware?


Strongly against. They won the Peach Bowl. That's their hardware.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 18032
RM overrating UCF more than they overrate lenny


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 12:10 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2847
Bammer wrote:
What is RM’s official position on a split national championship this year with UCF taking home some hardware?


While I very much appreciate their undefeated season, they aren’t quite on the same level by the schedule. So I’m against it, though it would be fun to see them in a real playoff. On picking the 4 best teams I think the committee did a fair job.


Last edited by Electromatic on Wed January 03, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 18032
does ucf have a blue field


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 14773
Location: Illinois
Rich Rodriguez nooooooooooooooooo!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 50810
spike wrote:
RM overrating UCF more than they overrate lenny

i'm a rm treasure

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 50929
spike wrote:
RM overrating UCF more than they overrate lenny

They beat Auburn and Auburn beat 'Bama, right? NATIONAL CHAMPS

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 14773
Location: Illinois
UCF should be thankful they didn't make the playoffs they would have been embarrassed. Beating an Auburn team that didn't care and was let down by having to settle for a crappy bowl doesn't count for much in my book.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 50810
SEC SEC SEC

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 5:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5457
verb_to_trust wrote:
UCF should be thankful they didn't make the playoffs they would have been embarrassed. Beating an Auburn team that didn't care and was let down by having to settle for a crappy bowl doesn't count for much in my book.

Zero upside for Auburn appearing in that game.

Win? Yawn.
Lose? Nightmare.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14757
Location: Mizzou
Bammer wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
UCF should be thankful they didn't make the playoffs they would have been embarrassed. Beating an Auburn team that didn't care and was let down by having to settle for a crappy bowl doesn't count for much in my book.

Zero upside for Auburn appearing in that game.

Win? Yawn.
Lose? Nightmare.


Yup.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2847
This is getting close...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 119  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat September 22, 2018 9:29 am