The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 106  Next

Who will win the national championship?
Alabama 53%  53%  [ 9 ]
Clemson 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Ohio State 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Washington 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10299
Location: Mizzou
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
The wheat is separating from the Chaff.


Also, from Meat Market to Outhouse. the Ed Orgeron story. Ole Miss fired David Cutcliff for Ed Orgeron right after Eli Manning's career and they cratered.

LSU hired Ed Orgeron essentially hoping that whomever he brought in would provide them with this new thing called the Forward Pass on offense. They just lost to Troy... at home.

Ed Orgeron is like the Sherman of the SEC west.


I'm not sure why they hired him either.



They finished pretty well last year with him at interim, I think there was just an emotional appeal to hire him since he's from the area... but wow, as a head coach, he's just not good. He's obviously a good recruiter.... but man that offense.


Never hire by emotion.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 02, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5348
Bammer wrote:
So how 'bout that college football, huh?
The Apple Cup this year is going to be lit.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue October 03, 2017 4:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
Green Habit wrote:
Bammer wrote:
So how 'bout that college football, huh?
The Apple Cup this year is going to be lit.

Koogs will have at least 2 losses by then.

I am worried about UW's strength of schedule by year's end.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Tue October 03, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5348
Bammer wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Bammer wrote:
So how 'bout that college football, huh?
The Apple Cup this year is going to be lit.
Koogs will have at least 2 losses by then.

I am worried about UW's strength of schedule by year's end.
It'll be awesome regardless of records.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun October 08, 2017 5:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
Pretty boring day for the ol' college football, eh?

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun October 08, 2017 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5348
Bammer wrote:
Pretty boring day for the ol' college football, eh?
What'd you think about Coach Pete vs. Kirk Herbstreit? At least that wasn't boring.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun October 08, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 1811
UT-K-State was awesome. Looks like we can actually win tough games again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun October 08, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5348
Orpheus wrote:
UT-K-State was awesome. Looks like we can actually win tough games again.
And OU has been shown as mortal after eking by Baylor and losing to ISU. Looking forward to their game next week.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun October 08, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
Green Habit wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Pretty boring day for the ol' college football, eh?
What'd you think about Coach Pete vs. Kirk Herbstreit? At least that wasn't boring.

The lack of interest in this thread astounds me.

Anyway...lots of people around here are talking Herbstreit this and Herbstreit that... so in that respect he has done his job beautifully.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun October 08, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10299
Location: Mizzou
I was able to catch most of the Iowa State/OU game. Great game.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sun October 08, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I was able to catch most of the Iowa State/OU game. Great game.

Loved that one 'round these parts.

Rankings aside, I've driven through Norman and they deserve to lose every game ever. OK sucks.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 09, 2017 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5348
Bammer wrote:
Rankings aside, I've driven through Norman and they deserve to lose every game ever. OK sucks.
Even this game?



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 09, 2017 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10299
Location: Mizzou
Man alive, the SEC admitted the refs screwed Mizzou out of 2 more shots at the end zone in last night's game. Just one of those years I guess.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 09, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2477
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man alive, the SEC admitted the refs screwed Mizzou out of 2 more shots at the end zone in last night's game. Just one of those years I guess.


Are they aware that they they can't take away downs from games in 1990?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 09, 2017 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10299
Location: Mizzou
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man alive, the SEC admitted the refs screwed Mizzou out of 2 more shots at the end zone in last night's game. Just one of those years I guess.


Are they aware that they they can't take away downs from games in 1990?


Too soon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 09, 2017 2:56 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2477
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man alive, the SEC admitted the refs screwed Mizzou out of 2 more shots at the end zone in last night's game. Just one of those years I guess.


Are they aware that they they can't take away downs from games in 1990?


Too soon.



Sorry.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 09, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10299
Location: Mizzou
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man alive, the SEC admitted the refs screwed Mizzou out of 2 more shots at the end zone in last night's game. Just one of those years I guess.


Are they aware that they they can't take away downs from games in 1990?


Too soon.


Sorry.


Is Georgia going to score 70 against Mizzou on Saturday? Seems very likely.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 09, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2477
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man alive, the SEC admitted the refs screwed Mizzou out of 2 more shots at the end zone in last night's game. Just one of those years I guess.


Are they aware that they they can't take away downs from games in 1990?


Too soon.


Sorry.


Is Georgia going to score 70 against Mizzou on Saturday? Seems very likely.



I haven't seen Mizzou play yet, off hand I'd say no. The running/short passing game is fairly spectacular, the passing game leaves a lot to be desired. Fromm is playing exceptionally well for a true freshman.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Mon October 09, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10299
Location: Mizzou
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Man alive, the SEC admitted the refs screwed Mizzou out of 2 more shots at the end zone in last night's game. Just one of those years I guess.


Are they aware that they they can't take away downs from games in 1990?


Too soon.


Sorry.


Is Georgia going to score 70 against Mizzou on Saturday? Seems very likely.



I haven't seen Mizzou play yet, off hand I'd say no. The running/short passing game is fairly spectacular, the passing game leaves a lot to be desired. Fromm is playing exceptionally well for a true freshman.


Consider yourself lucky, we're terrible. Played much better this week though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: College Football
PostPosted: Sat October 14, 2017 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 4533
Green Habit wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
Bammer wrote:
So how 'bout that college football, huh?
The Apple Cup this year is going to be lit.
Koogs will have at least 2 losses by then.

I am worried about UW's strength of schedule by year's end.
It'll be awesome regardless of records.

Well there's one tonight in Berkeley.

Spoiler: show
I actually want wazzu to come back and win

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 106  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon December 18, 2017 2:32 pm