Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Tue March 26, 2019 12:56 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Really, Chris? Reeeeeeally?! :shake:

Oh yeah, I forgot. Fixed

:luv:

Tue March 26, 2019 12:56 pm

knee tunes wrote:Wait I thought Joey liked the browns

When I text "browns" the laugh til you cry emoji comes up

:haha:

Wed March 27, 2019 2:23 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... recording/

Rich People's Court vs Poor People's Court should be a show.

In other stupid news of the day, the Giants have been mentioned as trade partners for Josh Rosen, this is dumb. So, given the state of their offseason, it could happen.

Wed March 27, 2019 7:26 pm

New replay rules in effect this year.

Thu March 28, 2019 5:23 pm

spike wrote:has a message board ever had a less powerful mod than mecca?

*present

Thu March 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Sounds like another great story about the wonderful men of the NFL should be coming out any day now: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2638 ... atriots-dc

Schiano abruptly leaves position as Patriots DC
Greg? Schiano is stepping down as the New England Patriots' defensive coordinator, citing a "need to spend more time on my faith and family."

Schiano announced his decision Thursday in a joint statement with coach Bill Belichick.

"This is not the result of any one event, but rather a realization that I need to spend more time on my faith and family," Schiano said. "I don't want to look back years from now and wish I had done things differently. Therefore, I am taking time away from the game to recalibrate my priorities."

Schiano was hired by the Patriots less than two months ago.

Fri March 29, 2019 3:08 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I don't really give a fuck anymore about who likes what team and for how long. I want to talk about Gronk.

When his sex tape comes out, I’ll watch it with the most bilateral interest I’ve ever had in a sex tape.

Fri March 29, 2019 9:15 pm

daft twat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:I don't really give a fuck anymore about who likes what team and for how long. I want to talk about Gronk.

When his sex tape comes out, I’ll watch it with the most bilateral interest I’ve ever had in a sex tape.

A 6′ 6″ 265lb downfield threat that could block like a lineman. Good christ I'm gonna miss that guy, but I hope he doesn't come back. He's taken a beating.

Sat March 30, 2019 2:57 am

Is Gronk the greatest TE of all time?

Sat March 30, 2019 4:29 am

He only played 9 seasons. That might be the only argument against him though.

Sat March 30, 2019 4:55 am

Gonzalez and Gronk are really the only choices in that debate.

Obviously Gronk has yards per catch and all the playoff records, but I'd lean Gonzalez. He was still GREAT in his final years. He had 80+ catches and ~900 yards his final 3 years. And finished with 30+ more TD catches than Gronk.

Sun March 31, 2019 12:08 am

run2death wrote:Gonzalez and Gronk are really the only choices in that debate.

Obviously Gronk has yards per catch and all the playoff records, but I'd lean Gonzalez. He was still GREAT in his final years. He had 80+ catches and ~900 yards his final 3 years. And finished with 30+ more TD catches than Gronk.

It's the classic peak vs. longevity argument. Gronk clearly had the greatest peak by any TE and it isn't even close. Gonzalez was great, albeit less so, for a more sustained period but I'd say Gronk because of how obscenely dominate he was.

Sun March 31, 2019 12:37 am

4/5 wrote:
run2death wrote:Gonzalez and Gronk are really the only choices in that debate.

It's the classic peak vs. longevity argument. Gronk clearly had the greatest peak by any TE and it isn't even close. Gonzalez was great, albeit less so, for a more sustained period but I'd say Gronk because of how obscenely dominate he was.

This is an overstatement.

Yes, Gronk's second year was the best by a TE, ~1300 yards, ~90 catches and 17 TDs, but Gonz had 3 years of 90+ catches and 1,200 yards.

Gronk only had one year of 90 or more receptions and Gonz had 5, including one at age 35.

Just from a shear numbers perspective it isn't close. Gronk only had 521 career receptions, Gonzalez had 1325.

Gonz had 11 straight seasons of 70+ receptions, Gronk only had 3 of those.

In reality, Gronk only had 5 "really good" to "great" years.

I'd also argue Gronk had the GOAT throwing him the ball and Trent Green was Gonz's best QB in KC and he had a young Matt Ryan in Atlanta.

Sun March 31, 2019 8:56 pm

There was a good FO article a while back about how TEs are more susceptible to injury than a lot of other positions. Seems kind of borne out by Gronk and does indeed make Gonzalez's career even more impressive.

Sun March 31, 2019 10:24 pm

As usual, 4/5 has a terrible sports opinion.

Sun March 31, 2019 10:59 pm

Orpheus wrote:There was a good FO article a while back about how TEs are more susceptible to injury than a lot of other positions. Seems kind of borne out by Gronk and does indeed make Gonzalez's career even more impressive.

Constantly running patterns over the middle with linebackers and safeties in the area? Yeah, makes sense.

Mon April 01, 2019 7:33 pm

run2death wrote:As usual, 4/5 has a terrible sports opinion.

Mon April 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Chiefs got away with highway robbery here.

Tue April 02, 2019 1:59 pm

Anyone see OBJ's press conference? He's already unhappy lol

*edit - I watched again, he just seemed more uncomfortable about how it went down. He seems happy to be playing with his college pal.

Tue April 02, 2019 6:30 pm

AAF is folding.
Post a reply