The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ***OFFICIAL*** You're FIRED! Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 07, 2016 12:30 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

spike wrote:
ho boy

Wow

PostPosted: Mon February 08, 2016 4:34 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

Good fucking riddance.

I wish parchy still posted here, I would love to hear his take on this mess right now.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:08 pm 
Rank This Poster

Green Habit wrote:
Good fucking riddance.

I wish parchy still posted here, I would love to hear his take on this mess right now.

Wow, so much for winning cures all ills. So soon after the basketball murder cover up too. I'd imagine the NCAA levy's some sort of show cause against Briles. Not that it matters.

College football is so incredibly dirty.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:41 pm 
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
Good fucking riddance.

It's shocking that something right actually happened. Someone, or group of someones, actually said the right thing to do was to fire the man responsible for their rise. I'm in Texas, and a TCU alum (TCU and Baylor are bitter rivals), and it was known that behind Briles' folksy charm, he was a brazen, unaccountable jerk. He didn't coach up players or develop them as people and even let them run rampant with playing dirty. He took transfers that were known to have assaulted people at other schools. There were issues at the high school he left, where the football team received overly favorable treatment and lax enforcement.

And in reading the report... it's damning. He had to be fired. At any public, big time program, any other coach would have been fired immediately, but Baylor took a gamble and hired an investigation to occur to find out the worst.

Quote:
football coaches or staff met directly with a complainant and/or a parent of a complainant and did not report the misconduct."

Football staff conducted their own untrained internal inquiries, outside of policy, which improperly discredited complainants and denied them the right to a fair, impartial and informed investigation, interim measures or processes promised under University policy.
Football coaches and staff took affirmative steps to maintain internal control over discipline of players and to actively divert cases from the student conduct or criminal processes.

Where Baylor goes now, and how much of the staff remains, is up in the air. I can't see how much of the football staff stays--they were part of that culture. And what coach wants to come in to a dumpster fire? And restore it to some semblance of decency?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

Electromatic wrote:
Wow, so much for winning cures all ills. So soon after the basketball murder cover up too. I'd imagine the NCAA levy's some sort of show cause against Briles. Not that it matters.

College football is so incredibly dirty.
The NFL gets all the bad press right now but there is so much wrong in CFB that's going to blow up some day. Gonna be a fun ride when it finally does.

patrick wrote:
At any public, big time program, any other coach would have been fired immediately
Spoiler: show

More seriously, I get everything you're saying. Baylor is really, really lucky they got the Big 12 golden ticket in the mid 1990s or they'd be in SMU territory by now. They better hope the new Big 12 doesn't implode or they're fucked. Living in WAC/MWC territory I got my fix of TCU football and it's been real impressive where they've come despite being a geographic outlier that whole time. They've more than earned their place in the Big 12, and I was real happy that they got back to playing who they should be playing.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:11 pm 
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

The Penn State and JoePa debacle created a big shift in a lot of people's minds about what coaches need to do and how hands on they need to be with their programs. We're not all the way there yet, but it's happening slowly (or at least I'd like to believe so).

As much as I didn't like Briles and feel this is a rebuke to his style of coaching and program administrating, I'm not going to celebrate his demise, like some are. The focus should be to right the wrongs and create a culture where that crap can't happen. It could happen at TCU if the right circumstances were to occur, and luckily, Gary Patterson has done a good job at running his program. TCU weathered a rough patch for a few years (alcohol and drugs), but the issues were dealt with swiftly. Plus, sexual assault at TCU is taken very seriously.

Green Habit wrote:
They better hope the new Big 12 doesn't implode or they're fucked. Living in WAC/MWC territory I got my fix of TCU football and it's been real impressive where they've come despite being a geographic outlier that whole time. They've more than earned their place in the Big 12, and I was real happy that they got back to playing who they should be playing.

I agree. We'll see how things play out this season, and they won't have a governor to bail them out like last time. All this should make Big 12 Media days interesting. Expansion and Charlie Strong's job would have been the top questions, but now... every coach is prepping their answers to Baylor questions.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

patrick wrote:
The Penn State and JoePa debacle created a big shift in a lot of people's minds about what coaches need to do and how hands on they need to be with their programs. We're not all the way there yet, but it's happening slowly (or at least I'd like to believe so).
I agree. As a wise man once said, change don't come at once, it's a wave building before it breaks.

Oh, and on the NFL side, Shawn Oakman hasn't even sniffed a tryout with any team after the draft.

PostPosted: Thu June 02, 2016 9:08 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Johnny Football is such a fucking idiot.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 1:39 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

it is inevitable that anyone who spends all day with people age 22 and under in a position of authority is going to end up either bullying or enabling the sexual assault of someone

it just seems impossible to resist

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 1:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

the penance for these types of events should be that you get raped

art briles deserves some unwanted insertion in him

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri June 03, 2016 1:59 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

96583UP wrote:
the penance for these types of events should be that you get raped

art briles deserves some unwanted insertion in him

You seem nice.

PostPosted: Sun September 25, 2016 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun September 25, 2016 9:13 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

That was quick.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun September 25, 2016 9:31 pm 
The Master

i bet saban hires him as a consultant

PostPosted: Sun September 25, 2016 9:45 pm 
The Master

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:

They're going to need another plane for their consultants.

PostPosted: Sun September 25, 2016 9:48 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:

They're going to need another plane for their consultants.

it's actually pretty shrewd...if kiffin leaves, sarkisian could become OC

PostPosted: Sun September 25, 2016 10:03 pm 

Anyone who hires Kiffin as head coach should be shot.

PostPosted: Sun September 25, 2016 10:07 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
Anyone who hires Kiffin as head coach should be shot.

it's going to happen...i wouldn't want him as HC at bama, but someone out there will take a chance on him

PostPosted: Sun September 25, 2016 10:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

hey guys

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports