The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 RM Mock NFL Draft
PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

They really need OL help everywhere but at center. I'm glad that there are no top left tackles left. I'd give them the top OL of your choice.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 1:33 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

i feel like this is my mock draft with help from you and 2-3 other folks. if it would please the court we can continue, but honestly, i feel like this exercise would stop if i stopped posting.

that said, Warmack or Cooper?

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 2:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I have to be honest -- I didn't even know about this year's mock draft let alone the new format.

I can take the Chargers when they come up.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 2:56 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Chris_H_2 wrote:
I have to be honest -- I didn't even know about this year's mock draft let alone the new format.

I can take the Chargers when they come up.
pick away, they're up.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 7:37 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Jonathan Cooper - OG North Carolina

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 7:46 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Jonathan Cooper - OG North Carolina

GH and I were talking earlier about OL, so that'll do.

next up, Miami.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 9:26 pm 
Gone

Jarvis Jones? I know we haven't talked about him. He's a bit of a risk and by need the phins probably need pass rush and OL first though.

This would be easier for me if one of us posts an updated list of those already picked, I forget who we have already discussed.

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 10:07 pm 
Gone

1. Kansas City Chiefs pick Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville Jaguars pick Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
3. Oakland Raiders pick Sharrif Floyd, DE Florida
4. Philidelphia Eagles pick Eric Fisher, OT, Cen. Michigan
5. Detroit Lions pick Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU
6. Cleveland Browns pick Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
7. Arizona Cardinals pick Lane Johnson, OL Oklahoma
8. Buffalo Bills pick Geno Smith, QB, West Va
9. New York Jets pick Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
10. Tennessee Titans pick Star Lotulelei, OL, Utah
11. San Diego Chargers pick Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 10:12 pm 
Gone

Bunch of fat guys with the exception of Geno and Milliner so far...

PostPosted: Sun April 14, 2013 10:27 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

verb_to_trust wrote:
Bunch of fat guys with the exception of Geno and Milliner so far...

jones sounds like as good a plan as any, seeing as they picked martin last year and just signed grimes.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 12:10 am 
Gone

He's a health risk though, I could see him dropping a little farther. We have Dolphins fans on RM, maybe one of them can weigh in.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 1:04 am 
Site Admin

verb_to_trust wrote:
He's a health risk though, I could see him dropping a little farther. We have Dolphins fans on RM, maybe one of them can weigh in.
I bet 4/5 would feel awkward about a Bulldog going to the Dolphins. :) He may disagree but this team seems really well rounded after FA that they could go BPA here if they wish. This is another tough one for me to diagnose.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 2:14 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Yeah, 4/5 should definitely get final say on this.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 11:40 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
I bet 4/5 would feel awkward about a Bulldog going to the Dolphins. :) He may disagree but this team seems really well rounded after FA that they could go BPA here if they wish. This is another tough one for me to diagnose.

they missed out on jarred cook didnt they? and also lost Fassano, so they could go with Eifert, or Rhodes or Trufant to still add to their struggling secondary. im sure they would like to replace Jake Long but is there anyone left that is worth taking at #12?

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 12:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Maybe Warmack or Fluker for their OL? I could see Rhodes, or any of a number of DL prospects. Also, they've said publicly that they're satisfied with their RBs, but it seems like a weak depth chart at that position (IMO).

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 2:35 pm 
See you in another life, brother

If this is the board at 12 I'd want them to trade down. Personally, I love Tavon Austin and would love him but it would be overkill at this point to add another WR. I don't love the non-top three tackles at this pick, and the other guys I'd want (Elam, Rhodes, Eifert) I wouldn't want at 12. Even Warmack or Cooper I wouldn't want at 12. Jones would be fine, but I guess I'll go with need and take Xavier Rhodes.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

4/5 wrote:
If this is the board at 12 I'd want them to trade down. Personally, I love Tavon Austin and would love him but it would be overkill at this point to add another WR. I don't love the non-top three tackles at this pick, and the other guys I'd want (Elam, Rhodes, Eifert) I wouldn't want at 12. Even Warmack or Cooper I wouldn't want at 12. Jones would be fine, but I guess I'll go with need and take Xavier Rhodes.
Got it down. Jason, have at it for the Bucs.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 2:55 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:

well, i was hoping to grab Rhodes at 13, i think he is more of the type of player Tampa is wanting, from what i hear he is more of a man to man CB, though Desmond Trufant has kinda been the guy i was hoping for and if i remember right Schiano and Dominick seemed to talk to him a lot at the Senior bowl, but im not sure if i should Go the obvious need and possible reach or take someone like Sheldon Richardson, i dont know much about Richardson, can he play the nose? im also really intrigued by the idea of Eifert here as well, but the D is the huge weakness for the Bucs, so it seems like a bad move to not address it some way in the first round. anyone wanna give some thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:

well, i was hoping to grab Rhodes at 13, i think he is more of the type of player Tampa is wanting, from what i hear he is more of a man to man CB, though Desmond Trufant has kinda been the guy i was hoping for and if i remember right Schiano and Dominick seemed to talk to him a lot at the Senior bowl, but im not sure if i should Go the obvious need and possible reach or take someone like Sheldon Richardson, i dont know much about Richardson, can he play the nose? im also really intrigued by the idea of Eifert here as well, but the D is the huge weakness for the Bucs, so it seems like a bad move to not address it some way in the first round. anyone wanna give some thoughts?
Other than Ruddo, I doubt anyone else here is going to be able to match your Bucs' knowledge, so I say just go with what you feel is right. I do like Trufant as an overall player, if that helps you at all.

PostPosted: Mon April 15, 2013 3:13 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Green Habit wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
4/5 wrote:

Other than Ruddo, I doubt anyone else here is going to be able to match your Bucs' knowledge, so I say just go with what you feel is right. I do like Trufant as an overall player, if that helps you at all.
I wonder if Schiano would like to add Eifert to the offense and then hope for Logan Ryan (a guy he's already coached) in the next round. I think Trufant is the better corner, but TE doesn't have the depth that CB does in this draft.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports