Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Winter Olympics

Sat February 24, 2018 5:33 pm

PHATJ wrote:I’ve wanted to punch that dude in the face since the instant I saw him.

cuz he's from wisconsin?

Sat February 24, 2018 6:10 pm

Anders wrote:Ski Jump is a hundred times more interesting than those flip sports. :)

Sat February 24, 2018 6:42 pm

spike wrote:
PHATJ wrote:I’ve wanted to punch that dude in the face since the instant I saw him.

cuz he's from wisconsin?

someone tweeted last night that he looks like Wisconsin if it was a man

Sun February 25, 2018 12:44 am

spike wrote:

cuz he's from wisconsin?

Doesn’t help

Sun February 25, 2018 12:44 am

Chris_H_2 wrote:
spike wrote:

cuz he's from wisconsin?

someone tweeted last night that he looks like Wisconsin if it was a man

Lol

Sun February 25, 2018 1:50 am

Sun February 25, 2018 7:47 am

Really pleased with how the Winter Olympics turned out. Ended with gold for the legend Marit Bjørgen on the 30km cross country.
Last edited by Anders on Sun February 25, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun February 25, 2018 2:00 pm

Man, I love Olympic recap coverage, I get to see all the drama and excitement that I missed thru the games. I'm feeling Canada right now. :D

Sun February 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Very solid games from Canada. Shame about the mens hockey team.

Sun February 25, 2018 2:11 pm

Anders wrote:Very solid games from Canada. Shame about the mens hockey team.

No worries. Bronze is just fine. :thumbsup:

Sun February 25, 2018 3:12 pm

add me to the long list of curling converts

Sun February 25, 2018 10:27 pm

The thing I find fascinating about Curling, is its 10 "ends" ya get what 10 stones each? so 200 throws. And the matches take as long as MLB games that everyone thinks take to long.
Is there any "pace of play" concerns with Curlers? :haha:

Sun February 25, 2018 10:55 pm

spike wrote:add me to the long list of curling converts

we're tickled pink to have ya

Sun February 25, 2018 11:55 pm

MadTIGERmaN wrote:The thing I find fascinating about Curling, is its 10 "ends" ya get what 10 stones each? so 200 throws. And the matches take as long as MLB games that everyone thinks take to long.

at least it speeds up towards the end, as opposed to baseball or other american pro sports that seems to grind to a halt towards the end.

Mon February 26, 2018 12:18 am

spike wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:The thing I find fascinating about Curling, is its 10 "ends" ya get what 10 stones each? so 200 throws. And the matches take as long as MLB games that everyone thinks take to long.

at least it speeds up towards the end, as opposed to baseball or other american pro sports that seems to grind to a halt towards the end.

what happens if you, run out of time? does the other team just get to throw unchallenged? I don't think I've even heard the commentators mention the "clock" at all.

Mon February 26, 2018 12:53 am

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
spike wrote:

what happens if you, run out of time? does the other team just get to throw unchallenged? I don't think I've even heard the commentators mention the "clock" at all.

It was mentioned during the men's gold medal match. I believe if you run out of time - ie, go over the allotted - you're disqualified. I don't think it happens very often.

Mon February 26, 2018 3:59 am

spike wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
spike wrote:

It was mentioned during the men's gold medal match. I believe if you run out of time - ie, go over the allotted - you're disqualified. I don't think it happens very often.

so, if you throw the other teams stone... its no penalty at all, just embarrassing. Replace it with one of your stones and move on.
But if you run out of the time allotted, youre disqualified?

That seems about perfect for this sport :haha:

Mon February 26, 2018 2:17 pm

It's a drinking sport right? I'm certainly not concerned with pace of play.

Mon February 26, 2018 2:21 pm

In the curling mixed doubles they had very little time. Felt a bit stressed, but also added some excitement.

Mon February 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Some stats:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/43167215

"Norway topped so many podiums they ran out of commemorative shoes, Germany enjoyed a gloriously golden fortnight, and the United States' women "saved" their country's 2018 Winter Olympics."
Post a reply