Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Winter Olympics

Tue February 20, 2018 5:04 pm

this commentator for the women's biathlon sounds just like tony romo. except he's really good.

Tue February 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Both announcers for the ice dancing last night were just horrible.

Tue February 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:this commentator for the women's biathlon sounds just like tony romo. except he's really good.

I thought the same thing, although his predictions are not that great. I like Romo though too.

Tue February 20, 2018 5:18 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Both announcers for the ice dancing last night were just horrible.

the woman describing the american team (asian americans by the way) described their recent struggles as "chinks in the armor." i had to go back and record it on my phone for posterity.

Tue February 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:this commentator for the women's biathlon sounds just like tony romo. except he's really good.

I thought the same thing, although his predictions are not that great. I like Romo though too.

actually, i kind of like romo too.

Tue February 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

actually, i kind of like romo too.

He just needed to show up and have a pulse to be better than the other CBS color guys.

Tue February 20, 2018 6:02 pm

The short track speed skating commentator sounds like John Oliver, including the weird random Brit sayings... "they were a bit untidy there" "you want to avoid the udgy budgies" "that was a cracking pace from the word go" and hes used the term "helter skelter" about 27 times in the 3 hour broadcast today.

Craziest thing, was Netherlands skating in the 3000m ladies relay B finals, set the world record.
The A finals saw power houses China and S.Korea fight it out with Canada and Italy. S.Korea won, China took the initial second. After a long review, China, and Canada were penalized and eliminated. Korea took the gold, Italy second, and the Netherlands, with a world record time, took 3rd. The even crazier thing, is the team that took 2nd in the B finals, also broke the previous world record, so they too were faster than the Gold and Silver medal times. Hungary, you just broke the world record, unfortunately so did the team in front of you, and you were in the B-Finals... no medal for you. See ya in 4 years. :D

Wed February 21, 2018 4:40 am

Chris_H_2 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Both announcers for the ice dancing last night were just horrible.

the woman describing the american team (asian americans by the way) described their recent struggles as "chinks in the armor." i had to go back and record it on my phone for posterity.

i thought this was tara lipinski for sec and was sad. i heart her.

Thu February 22, 2018 1:55 am

Awesome finish to the women's Cross country sprint relay

Thu February 22, 2018 3:44 am

These falls in the men’s skiing half pipe have been gnarly.

Thu February 22, 2018 5:45 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Awesome finish to the women's Cross country sprint relay

Yes, that was great. Diggins is awesome.

Thu February 22, 2018 6:00 am

This slalom final in the women’s super combined should be cool.

Thu February 22, 2018 7:06 am

Women’s Hockey Gold Medal Game is going into overtime. :shock:

Thu February 22, 2018 7:20 am

Gold medal for USA women’s hockey! There are tons of Minnesota connections on that team. The goalie is from about 10-15 miles from where I live. Finally beat Canada after all these years.

Thu February 22, 2018 2:26 pm

PHATJ wrote:Gold medal for USA women’s hockey! There are tons of Minnesota connections on that team. The goalie is from about 10-15 miles from where I live. Finally beat Canada after all these years.

Freaking awesome, especially after the heartbreak of the last two Olympics.

The cross country Gold was pretty sweet too.

Thu February 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Canada/US women's hockey is one of the best rivalries in sports.

Thu February 22, 2018 4:52 pm

philpritchard wrote:Canada/US women's hockey is one of the best rivalries in sports.

better than duke/north carolina basketball that espn shoves down our throats 2-3 times a year when nobody outside of that god-forsaken region cares about?

Thu February 22, 2018 5:35 pm

When is this finally over?

Thu February 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Sunday is the final day.

Fri February 23, 2018 4:22 am

Figure Skating AGAIN??? Ugh. When do the snowmobile races start?
Post a reply