Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Boston Red Sox Thread

Thu April 04, 2019 9:52 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
Green Habit wrote:Ugh, I hope Sale does better when I hope to see him live in Oakland than how he's doing right now...
I mean, I guess technically he did? I know you didn't sign up to see a change-up-first pitcher, but 3 hits and 1 run over 6 isn't bad.
That game was the best I've ever felt after attending a game where the team I had a rooting interest in lost. Very happy with Sale's performance, sometimes the other pitcher just makes one mistake less. Oh well.

Thu April 04, 2019 11:44 pm

I think the height of optimism here would be that the Sox frequently have a losing record on the Seattle/Oakland swing (3-4 last year vs. 2-5 this year). But that's a tough line to spew right now.

Fri April 05, 2019 12:31 am

Simple Torture wrote:I think the height of optimism here would be that the Sox frequently have a losing record on the Seattle/Oakland swing (3-4 last year vs. 2-5 this year). But that's a tough line to spew right now.
It was good for my entertainment purposes, but it was rough that the schedule gods stuck a defending champ with a 10 game cross country road start.

Sat April 06, 2019 1:40 am

Sat April 06, 2019 4:47 am

Green Habit wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:I think the height of optimism here would be that the Sox frequently have a losing record on the Seattle/Oakland swing (3-4 last year vs. 2-5 this year). But that's a tough line to spew right now.
It was good for my entertainment purposes, but it was rough that the schedule gods stuck a defending champ with a 10 game cross country road start.

I gotta think the Sawx are in the bottom five in terms of miles traveled per season. Or I guess maybe that would go to all the NL teams in the northeast since they don’t paly in Seattle.

Either way why don’t you fucking cry about it Sawx fans.

Wed April 24, 2019 3:39 pm

not much going on in here lately...

Wed April 24, 2019 3:49 pm

Yesterday was one of the most frustrating days of an already frustrating season. Sale K's 10 and Boegarts hits two home runs and they still lose the early game, and across the two games the team goes 2-15 with runners in scoring position and leaves 15 men on base. Woof.

Wed April 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Simple Torture wrote:Yesterday was one of the most frustrating days of an already frustrating season. Sale K's 10 and Boegarts hits two home runs and they still lose the early game, and across the two games the team goes 2-15 with runners in scoring position and leaves 15 men on base. Woof.

you forgot the part where detroit had the lowest-scoring offense in the league going into the doubleheader.

Wed April 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Mookie Betts:

First 9 Games: .898 OPS, .310 BABIP
Next 10 Games: .418 OPS, .083 BABIP
Last 5 Games: 1.133 OPS, .381 BABIP

Sat May 04, 2019 11:56 am

May is going to Sale's bounceback month--mark it down!

Chavis's raw power is just unreal. Seeing a good amount of content on Twitter about how his swing rate is troubling, but it's nice to enjoy the ride before other teams figure out how to get him out.

Sat May 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Starting to look a bit like a baseball team.

Sun May 05, 2019 1:34 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:Starting to look a bit like a baseball team.

Mhm.

Mon May 06, 2019 3:34 am

Nothing but respect for my president.

Mon May 06, 2019 4:01 am

Simple Torture wrote:Nothing but respect for my president.

Good man and wise move.

Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 am

Simple Torture wrote:May is going to Sale's bounceback month--mark it down!

Sale tonight: 8 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 14 K

...no decision.

Thu May 09, 2019 2:10 am

Oh, he pitched an immaculate inning, too.

Thu May 09, 2019 3:27 am

Simple Torture wrote:Oh, he pitched an immaculate inning, too.

What’s the term for 3 outs on 3 pitches?

Thu May 09, 2019 12:17 pm

That game saving catch, tho

Thu May 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Back on topic Ruddo please

Thu May 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Bammer wrote:Back on topic Ruddo please

It was a Red Sock that made the play, though
Post a reply