Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Boston Red Sox Thread

Tue February 20, 2018 4:54 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:Since this has become a thing on Twitter tonight, let's be clear: "Red Sox" is always plural (always!), and should never be made into a singular noun. It is always pronounced "Socks" and never as "Sock." A sentence can always be re-worded to use it correctly. This is the hill I choose to die on.

Wrong: "JD Martinez is officially a Red Sox."
Correct: "JD Martinez is officially a member of the Red Sox"

Wrong: "He's the first Red Sox ever to..."
Correct: "He's the first Red Sox player ever to..."

And so on.

Why is this so hard for people to grasp?

I agree with you guys, but I could swear like 10 years ago I saw something about this very subject on one of the NESN pre-game shows and they said the official usage is "Red Sox" as in "JD Martinez hits his first HR as a Red Sox."

Tue February 20, 2018 6:15 pm

numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:Since this has become a thing on Twitter tonight, let's be clear: "Red Sox" is always plural (always!), and should never be made into a singular noun. It is always pronounced "Socks" and never as "Sock." A sentence can always be re-worded to use it correctly. This is the hill I choose to die on.

And so on.

I agree with you guys, but I could swear like 10 years ago I saw something about this very subject on one of the NESN pre-game shows and they said the official usage is "Red Sox" as in "JD Martinez hits his first HR as a Red Sox."

Fuck that.

Tue February 20, 2018 7:23 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

And so on.

Fuck that.

I don't know, if NESN says so...

Fri March 30, 2018 7:29 pm

I guessing this will happen again.

Wed April 11, 2018 1:40 am

Happy to see that this great meme is being deployed on the first matchup against NYY:

Wed April 11, 2018 2:47 am

Wed April 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Simple Torture wrote:

:haha:

Last night was very enjoyable. Hoping for more Stanton whiffs, but I know it won't last. They get Hicks back tonight, and nobody outside JD has had success against Tanaka, so the script will probably flip the other way.

Thu April 12, 2018 12:59 am

I almost commented that I expected Price to shit his pants. What a waste.

Thu April 12, 2018 1:02 am

elliseamos wrote:I almost commented that I expected Price to shit his pants. What a waste.

it can still count

Thu April 12, 2018 2:15 am

boy howdy

Thu April 12, 2018 2:23 am

I got home right as it ended :(

The dj playing "Let It Go" when the Yankees coach refused to leave the field was a great touch.

Thu April 12, 2018 2:24 am

I was outside with the dog and came in halfway through.

Thu April 12, 2018 3:27 am

On MLB network, Pedro just got on the ground to demonstrate why he thought Austin's slide was dirty and why hitting him was justified. Pedro is the greatest.

Thu April 12, 2018 3:29 am

Did you see him get drilled in the face by a Harold Reynolds line drive in Studio 42 the other day?

Thu April 12, 2018 3:42 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:Did you see him get drilled in the face by a Harold Reynolds line drive in Studio 42 the other day?

No, but that sounds amazing.

Thu April 12, 2018 3:50 am

Thu April 12, 2018 11:52 pm

Coach wrote:
elliseamos wrote:I almost commented that I expected Price to shit his pants. What a waste.

it can still count
it turns out it was a 3-HR injury! The feeling returned to his hand by the 8th inning so he did some tosses away from the field. What a guy!

:roll:

Sun April 15, 2018 12:21 pm

12-2 on Apr. 15th.

I'm putting this here for quick reference later.

Mon April 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Here come the memories:

Mon April 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Uh oh, what's the expected temp in LA tomorrow?

Pray for David Price, guys.
Post a reply