Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Boston Red Sox Thread

Thu August 17, 2017 2:38 am

Sat August 19, 2017 5:05 am

I'm starting to fall in love with this team.

Sat August 19, 2017 11:43 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:I'm starting to fall in love with this team.

I can't remember a team I've had a stranger relationship with. It's like I want to hate them but I can't.

Sat August 19, 2017 12:19 pm

numbers wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:I'm starting to fall in love with this team.

I can't remember a team I've had a stranger relationship with. It's like I want to hate them but I can't.

You're not spending enough time looking at Pedroia's face. You'll get there!

Sat August 19, 2017 2:28 pm

It's just that a month ago this team was such a collection of unlikeable dicks that was spinning down the drain, but now they are like the complete opposite of that. I feel like the infusion of Devers has a lot to do with it but still.

Sat August 19, 2017 3:41 pm

numbers wrote:It's just that a month ago this team was such a collection of unlikeable dicks that was spinning down the drain, but now they are like the complete opposite of that. I feel like the infusion of Devers has a lot to do with it but still.

Nothing changes attitudes like winning. Don't forget Nunez, too: he's crushing at the top of the order and putting in great at-bats.

And, obviously, Ewing theory:

Spoiler: show

Thu August 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Brock Holt submits the whitest outfield win dance of all time:

Wed August 30, 2017 9:55 pm

I wanted to post a picture of Ortiz when the magic number got to 34, but now I see it's already at 27. Oh well.

Tue September 05, 2017 8:47 pm

cheaters

Tue September 05, 2017 9:08 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:cheaters

And they dropped 3 out of 4 over the weekend; tells you all you need to know about Farrell.

Tue September 05, 2017 9:10 pm

if you aint cheatin you aint tryin

Tue September 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Sign stealing is part of baseball, I really don't care.

Tue September 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Also, who stooged?

Tue September 05, 2017 9:38 pm

numbers wrote:Sign stealing is part of baseball, I really don't care.

I think using external sources and electronics to relay signs is a little over the line.

Tue September 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Teams have been using video feeds to steal signs for years, obviously if you get busted you get busted but I don't think this is that out of the ordinary. What even is the penalty for this?

Tue September 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Although this could get Farrell sacked.

Yes, this is an outrage and shakes the game to it's core. I'm disgusted as a fan.

Tue September 05, 2017 10:01 pm

numbers wrote:Although this could get Farrell sacked.

Yes, this is an outrage and shakes the game to it's core. I'm disgusted as a fan.

Naw, they've already pulled out the hilarious "Dombrowski and Farrell had no idea this was going on!" excuse.

The trainer involved will get thrown under the bus and maybe fined or suspended or fired. Everyone else will get away with it.

Maybe they'll lose a draft pick or something.

Tue September 05, 2017 10:16 pm

That's the spirit!

Tue September 05, 2017 10:43 pm

philpritchard wrote:

Naw, they've already pulled out the hilarious "Dombrowski and Farrell had no idea this was going on!" excuse.

The trainer involved will get thrown under the bus and maybe fined or suspended or fired. Everyone else will get away with it.

Maybe they'll lose a draft pick or something.

I mean Dombrowski, maybe, but there's no way Farrell would have been unaware of this.

Tue September 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Isn't there a "no cell phones / communications devices in the dugout" rule? I feel like it's gonna get escalated because of that.
Post a reply