The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 175  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boston Red Sox Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:28 am 
Mind Your Tanners

fuck this team to hell

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:31 am 
Poster of the Year

this team is a disaster

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:49 am 
Mind Your Tanners

And I am LOVING it!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:59 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I feel like the quickest thing they can do right now is fire whoever this new hitting coach is, I hope they are happy they saved whatever dollar amount it was by letting Hyers walk.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:41 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Obviously he didn’t have to sign here, but the Red Sox front office completely set Story up for failure. Bringing him in as the universally understood replacement for the leader of the team and their most popular player, while said player is still here was a situation that was highly unlikely to go well.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:59 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

On The Watch podcast this week, Troy O'Leary came up in a discussion about Belle & Sebastian.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 8:37 pm 
AnalLog

numbers wrote:
Obviously he didn’t have to sign here, but the Red Sox front office completely set Story up for failure. Bringing him in as the universally understood replacement for the leader of the team and their most popular player, while said player is still here was a situation that was highly unlikely to go well.

the Chaim special...

fuck this team, this management, AND this ownership...and save your "but 4 World Series"...225 million and they have no true MLB starting RF, no 1B, no bench, no closer, and a SS playing 2B...it's a minor miracle the rotation has done what they have given what its made up of

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 4:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

MattA75 wrote:
numbers wrote:

the Chaim special...

fuck this team, this management, AND this ownership...and save your "but 4 World Series"...225 million and they have no true MLB starting RF, no 1B, no bench, no closer, and a SS playing 2B...it's a minor miracle the rotation has done what they have given what its made up of

The killer now with this bad start is that you know Chaim is just chomping at the bit to have a fire-sale so he can trade Bogie and Devers away for pennies on the dollar worth of "minor league depth."

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:23 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I remember wondering why they didn't have a fire sale last year...

But, yes, this year's contract year players are all but gone.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

elliseamos wrote:

Well because they were in first place(or close to it) in July last year, I think Chaim’s true plan was to have one last year but the team was good enough that he couldn’t justify it.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

numbers wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

Well because they were in first place(or close to it) in July last year, I think Chaim’s true plan was to have one last year but the team was good enough that he couldn’t justify it.

I know, we discussed it. Just made sense to deal from a position of want rather need. Like this season, they "need" to get something before these guys walk for nothing.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:44 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Coach wrote:
fuck this team to hell

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:58 pm 
AnalLog

numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
numbers wrote:

the Chaim special...

The killer now with this bad start is that you know Chaim is just chomping at the bit to have a fire-sale so he can trade Bogie and Devers away for pennies on the dollar worth of "minor league depth."

honestly? I could forgive letting Bogaerts go...IF they hadn't signed Story and the plan was "Meyer in 2024, find an IKF style stopgap for 2023"

There is a part of me that hopes Bogaerts signs with the Yankees next winter and he just murders us for the next 5 years in Pinstripes...this ownership group and Chaim deserve nothing less...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

MattA75 wrote:
numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
numbers wrote:

the Chaim special...

honestly? I could forgive letting Bogaerts go...IF they hadn't signed Story and the plan was "Meyer in 2024, find an IKF style stopgap for 2023"

There is a part of me that hopes Bogaerts signs with the Yankees next winter and he just murders us for the next 5 years in Pinstripes...this ownership group and Chaim deserve nothing less...

NYY is the obvious destination for Bogaerts which makes this even worse.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:49 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Brayan Bello is getting promoted to Worcester. Probably in MLB sometime this year. This year with Portland he has a 1.60 ERA over 33 innings with 42 K.

Noah Song has applied for a waiver to delay his service in the Navy and resume playing baseball. Hasn't pitched professionally since 2019 when he had a 1.07 ERA in Lowell (RIP) over 7 starts, and he's technically eligible for Rule 5 next winter. Will be interested in following him if be gets cleared to play.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
Brayan Bello is getting promoted to Worcester. Probably in MLB sometime this year. This year with Portland he has a 1.60 ERA over 33 innings with 42 K.

Noah Song has applied for a waiver to delay his service in the Navy and resume playing baseball. Hasn't pitched professionally since 2019 when he had a 1.07 ERA in Lowell (RIP) over 7 starts, and he's technically eligible for Rule 5 next winter. Will be interested in following him if be gets cleared to play.

They have already basically lost games on purpose multiple times so they wouldn't have to call up someone from AAA, with Sunday being the most recent example. Why would Bello be different?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:28 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Yeah, not having Seabold spot start last weekend was really weird.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
Yeah, not having Seabold spot start last weekend was really weird.

Or the week in Toronto when they acted like they had no choice but to move Whitlock into the rotation with Houck out. They could have easily called up Seabold then too, decided not to, and then used the stooges to try and blame Bloom's mistakes on Houck's vaccination status.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:23 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I still hate the Mookie trade. Hard to care about this team after they did that... for no reason.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The worst part of the Mookie trade is how bad Bloom fucked it up. He basically let the world know he had a mandate to move Betts from ownership and the other teams just waited until he got desperate the week before spring training. THEN he makes this fucked up trade he has to back out of after agreeing to, and eventually walks away from trading the best player in baseball without getting a single pitching prospect back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 175  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports