The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 175  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boston Red Sox Thread
PostPosted: Tue April 12, 2022 10:29 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Next inning (477 feet):

PostPosted: Wed April 13, 2022 11:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I’m hoping Casas isn’t the 18th consecutive top Red Sox prospect to reach the major leagues and quickly become a strike out king that can’t hit off speed pitches.

PostPosted: Wed April 13, 2022 11:54 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I'm telling you, he has to learn to play first or he'll be the full-time dh which is sort of a drag on the roster.

PostPosted: Wed April 13, 2022 12:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Also a consistent issue with their prospects, poor defensive players that don’t have a natural position.

PostPosted: Wed April 13, 2022 3:59 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Where did this narrative of Casas not being able to play defense come from?

From MLB Pipeline:

Quote:
Just as he's more than a one-dimensional hitter, Casas also offers value beyond the batter's box. While he's limited to first base, he's a solid defender with soft hands and a strong arm that produced low-90s fastballs when he pitched as an amateur.

From SoxProspects:

Quote:
Field: Confident picking out throws in the dirt. Soft hands and surprisingly fluid actions. Moves well enough for first base. Potential solid-average defender there.

PostPosted: Wed April 13, 2022 4:33 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:

From MLB Pipeline:

Quote:
Just as he's more than a one-dimensional hitter, Casas also offers value beyond the batter's box. While he's limited to first base, he's a solid defender with soft hands and a strong arm that produced low-90s fastballs when he pitched as an amateur.

From SoxProspects:

Quote:
Field: Confident picking out throws in the dirt. Soft hands and surprisingly fluid actions. Moves well enough for first base. Potential solid-average defender there.

Is Casas considered to be a lot bigger prospect than Duran is/was? The talk about Duran last year this time(which proved to be way off) was almost identical to what you hear about Casas now.

PostPosted: Wed April 13, 2022 4:55 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

"Potential solid-average defender" lmao

PostPosted: Wed April 13, 2022 5:18 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Mickey wrote:

There are PLENTY of guys who stick in the majors as below-average on defense (I watch the Red Sox, I know), so this sounds like music to my ears.

PostPosted: Wed April 13, 2022 9:51 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
Mickey wrote:

There are PLENTY of guys who stick in the majors as below-average on defense (I watch the Red Sox, I know), so this sounds like music to my ears.

They can't all be Wander Franco

PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2022 11:28 am 
Mind Your Tanners

This fucking organization. They are incapable of negotiating a contract extension without starting out with a lowball offer so insulting that it impacts the tenor of the negotiation going forward. They just can’t not be assholes, it’s not in them.

You would think they learned their lesson when their ridiculous low ball offer to Jon Lester set off a chain of events that cost them almost half a billion dollars trying to replace him, but nope.

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2022 12:26 am 
Mind Your Tanners

numbers wrote:
This fucking organization. They are incapable of negotiating a contract extension without starting out with a lowball offer so insulting that it impacts the tenor of the negotiation going forward. They just can’t not be assholes, it’s not in them.

You would think they learned their lesson when their ridiculous low ball offer to Jon Lester set off a chain of events that cost them almost half a billion dollars trying to replace him, but nope.

This

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2022 1:06 am 
Poster of the Year

yeah that

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2022 3:05 am 
Mind Your Tanners

That description of Casas sounds about right. I watched him not handle throws in the dirt at Hadlock. And I know I always value a 1st baseman with a strong arm... :roll:

He can hit, but he's a dh. There's worse things to be, he could just suck. But a fulltime dh jams up the lineup (in my amateur opinion).

Devers & Bogaerts leaving is Mookie all over again.

F these guys...

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2022 12:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Coach wrote:
numbers wrote:

This

For all their talk about financial flexibility, it’s their own miserly way of doing business that has led to the bad contracts they are so loathe to sign people to. If they just pay Jon Lester market value, they don’t need to sign Price or trade for Sale. Then they have about 300M to spend that they blew on those guys, and you still have Moncada and Kopech to boot. Then you aren’t trading Mookie Betts for ten cents on the dollar to try and get under the luxury tax.

I hate them so much.

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2022 2:23 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

numbers wrote:
Coach wrote:
numbers wrote:

This

For all their talk about financial flexibility, it’s their own miserly way of doing business that has led to the bad contracts they are so loathe to sign people to. If they just pay Jon Lester market value, they don’t need to sign Price or trade for Sale. Then they have about 300M to spend that they blew on those guys, and you still have Moncada and Kopech to boot. Then you aren’t trading Mookie Betts for ten cents on the dollar to try and get under the luxury tax.

I hate them so much.
At the same time, Henry & Co. Do have 04, 07, 13, & 18. Soooo...

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2022 2:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

And they broke up each one of those teams almost immediately after.

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2022 3:13 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Marlins North!

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2022 3:48 pm 
AnalLog

numbers wrote:

that reported offer to Bogaerts is SO bad that even I don't know if it's true...and I'm all for jumping all over this ownership about how they've handled shit...but that Bogearts report smells of Boras planting bullshit in the press

if it IS true then wow, they're even worse than I thought and my opinion of them was about as low as I thought it could get

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2022 3:51 pm 
AnalLog

numbers wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

From MLB Pipeline:

Quote:

From SoxProspects:

Quote:

Is Casas considered to be a lot bigger prospect than Duran is/was? The talk about Duran last year this time(which proved to be way off) was almost identical to what you hear about Casas now.

Casas is a top 20 prospect in all of baseball according to most...I don't feel like Duran ever was that by any means

PostPosted: Fri April 15, 2022 5:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The Sox have had two days to dispute that report and they can't because I believe those numbers are true. They clearly do not want Xander or Devers.

I'll be at Sunday's game only because I got the tix free through work and I'm taking my kid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 175  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports