Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Who will be in Super Bowl LIII?

Patriots/Rams
31%
Patriots/Saints
23%
Chiefs/Rams
31%
Chiefs/Saints
15%

Total votes : 13

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Sat August 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Electromatic wrote:
Coach wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
Doesn't he value 2nd's hire than 1st's anyway? (you don't have the 5th year etc etc)

I get what you're saying but the value maximizes beginning with the picks from about 15 on in the 1st round, so no, this would be very stupid.

This and the Butler decision will be seen as big black marks for the Pats for this season, or at least they should be.

Orpheus is 100 percent correct.

It's hard to deny the rift between Brady, Belichick, Kraft and the damage it has caused.

1. Belichick wanted to move on, and viewed Jimmy G as the replacement.

2. Belichick ushers Brady's ridiculous scam artist TB12 partner/whacko Alex Guerrero off the field and bans him from the team plane or whatever.

3. Kraft stepped in. Sides with Brady.

4. Bad moves ever since (Butler, trading Jimmy G.) in retaliation.

It seems far fetched, but the local reporting continues on this.

Why not quit, leave and go try to win elsewhere?

I don’t have any idea why he didn’t play Butler but I guess we’ll never know unless Butler knows anything. He was also gifted two Super Bowl wins by coaching blunders so... I mean there’s that.

I’m not as ready to anoint Jimmy yet.

He also lost two SBs due to amazing, once-in-a-lifetime moments, just like those coaching blunders.

No one is anointing Jimmy, but he's the best QB they've developed under Brady. Belichick felt he had someone good enough to take over for Brady and keep the winning going.

Belichick, it's been reported, wants his legacy to be unique in that it's the 5 SB wins/dynasty and, equally important, that he leaves the team in good shape with a bright future. That's a bold goal, but what else would you expect. As a fan, you have to love that if it's true.

Sun August 05, 2018 12:33 am

I just don’t buy the narrative that Kraft somehow dictated that Jimmy had to be traded. I do think once they knew Toms plan they were going to have to pay Jimmy pretty good money to stick around, instead they decided to trade him and get something for him, Tom might play 2-4 more seasons, he hasn’t fallen off much and Bill had to do something about the lines of scrimmage. Obviously Qb will be a need but it wasn’t the most pressing and they had a good offseason.

As far as the best offer I don’t know, but Jimmy Gs value mostly took off after he was traded and people saw him in that offense. I think they can find another good one in the next year or so anyway.

Sun August 05, 2018 2:06 pm

In other news, good to see some football on TV last night.

Tue August 07, 2018 4:36 am

Andrew Luck is a goofy bastard

Wed August 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Electromatic wrote:I just don’t buy the narrative that Kraft somehow dictated that Jimmy had to be traded. I do think once they knew Toms plan they were going to have to pay Jimmy pretty good money to stick around, instead they decided to trade him and get something for him, Tom might play 2-4 more seasons, he hasn’t fallen off much and Bill had to do something about the lines of scrimmage. Obviously Qb will be a need but it wasn’t the most pressing and they had a good offseason.

As far as the best offer I don’t know, but Jimmy Gs value mostly took off after he was traded and people saw him in that offense. I think they can find another good one in the next year or so anyway.

i also don’t believe that collusion is a crime

Wed August 08, 2018 2:25 pm

96583UP wrote:
Electromatic wrote:I just don’t buy the narrative that Kraft somehow dictated that Jimmy had to be traded. I do think once they knew Toms plan they were going to have to pay Jimmy pretty good money to stick around, instead they decided to trade him and get something for him, Tom might play 2-4 more seasons, he hasn’t fallen off much and Bill had to do something about the lines of scrimmage. Obviously Qb will be a need but it wasn’t the most pressing and they had a good offseason.

i also don’t believe that collusion is a crime

The TB12 method probably has colluded at some point with people in the Kremlin, East German Women's Sports, Professional Cyclists and Tennis players.

Fri August 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Coach wrote:In other news, good to see some football on TV last night.

Indeed it was; good to be reading about on the field stuff again too.

Fri August 10, 2018 4:09 pm

Baker Mayfield with the Andrew Luck beard

Fri August 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Shaquem Griffin looks amazing.

He's perfect for the 'Hawks defensive scheme.

Sun August 12, 2018 6:41 am

Kirk Cousins has proven he was worth every penny

Sun August 12, 2018 6:41 am

Crown him. Crown his ass.

Sun August 12, 2018 1:46 pm

This is probably the least excited I've been to watch football since I was 10 years old.

Sun August 12, 2018 3:44 pm

I haven’t actually gotten excited for football in several years.

Mon August 13, 2018 2:06 pm

PHATJ wrote:I haven’t actually gotten excited for football in several years.

Same. Once I'm at a game or watching a marquee game on TV I'm usually pretty interested, but the anticipation and excitement beforehand is almost nonexistent.

Sat August 18, 2018 5:53 pm

David Johnson's gonna have an amazing year.

Sat August 18, 2018 8:24 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:This is probably the least excited I've been to watch football since I was 10 years old.

Really? I thought that 75-yard bomb from Mahomes would have you pretty stoked.

If people stay healthy I think this will be a fantastic year. I should really boycott the league (for a few reasons) but I just really like football. Maybe I'll just stop watching the Cowboys.

Sun August 19, 2018 12:43 pm

PHATJ wrote:Crown him. Crown his ass.

how you feelin about his holy ass today

Sun August 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Who is supposed to be good this year? Nobody ever seems to have a clue in the NFL.

Sun August 19, 2018 6:07 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:Who is supposed to be good this year? Nobody ever seems to have a clue in the NFL.

New England, Minnesota, Green Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans, KC, Pittsburgh, LA Rams

Jacksonville I guess.

Sun August 19, 2018 7:27 pm

My early guess at playoff teams:

AFC
NE
PIT
KC
TEN
DEN
HOU

NFC