Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Who will be in Super Bowl LIII?

Patriots/Rams
31%
Patriots/Saints
23%
Chiefs/Rams
31%
Chiefs/Saints
15%

Total votes : 13

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Mon February 04, 2019 6:22 am

For a while there I had it on lock that one of the punters would win MVP. That would have been amazing.

Mon February 04, 2019 1:14 pm

I feel absolutely sick for Wade Phillips and the Rams defense. 13 points allowed should be enough to get you a W. Their other side had the worst offensive showing ever in a Super Bowl.

Mon February 04, 2019 1:24 pm

As out as I am on football: holy shit.

Mon February 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Didn't watch the game (joined the New Orleans boycott), but I love that final score. Three points out of the team that shouldn't have been there. Beautiful. Eat shit, Goodell. Still bitter. Still so very bitter.

Mon February 04, 2019 2:02 pm

After the Patriots beat Carolina for their second title, my secret hope, in the back of my mind would be that they'd grab 6 titles to tie PITT for most all-time. Never, never, never did I expect that to happen.

Stopping the best, or one of the best offenses in the NFL, from scoring a TD in the biggest game of the season. I dunno, I think Bill deserved the MVP. What a game plan.

Mon February 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Coach wrote:After the Patriots beat Carolina for their second title, my secret hope, in the back of my mind would be that they'd grab 6 titles to tie PITT for most all-time. Never, never, never did I expect that to happen.

Stopping the best, or one of the best offenses in the NFL, from scoring a TD in the biggest game of the season. I dunno, I think Bill deserved the MVP. What a game plan.

Congrats Coach!

Glad to see Sony Michel and David Andrews contributing so well. It was a hell of an effort. The McCourty saved touchdown probably won't be remembered as much as it probably should be.

Mon February 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Goff was Gabbert-esque in that game. He had a lot of pressure put on him and he did not handle it well at all. Kudos to the Pats' game plan. They must have watched the Bears/Rams tape and carefully noted how shitty he would be with pressure.

Mon February 04, 2019 3:17 pm

Electromatic wrote:
Coach wrote:After the Patriots beat Carolina for their second title, my secret hope, in the back of my mind would be that they'd grab 6 titles to tie PITT for most all-time. Never, never, never did I expect that to happen.

Congrats Coach!

Glad to see Sony Michel and David Andrews contributing so well. It was a hell of an effort. The McCourty saved touchdown probably won't be remembered as much as it probably should be.

Thanks man. I know that SB was boring for a lot of people, but it was exciting if you had a rooting interest. Pretty close (score wise) the whole way through.

I'm glad you brought up McCourty - he had a couple of game saving plays

And you can't discount the punters either, and all the work on special teams to pin the Rams in bad field position. Only thing missing was a safety.

Mon February 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Anders wrote:Watched the highlights. Looked lile a well deserved win, but not very low scoring game. Julian Edelman had a fantastic game.

He's the only player that did anything, so yeah that pretty much was by default.

Mon February 04, 2019 6:06 pm

Anyone else notice the missed intentional grounding call on Goff in the end zone in the third quarter?

Should have been a safety.

Mon February 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Stardog Champion wrote:Didn't watch the game (joined the New Orleans boycott), but I love that final score. Three points out of the team that shouldn't have been there. Beautiful. Eat shit, Goodell. Still bitter. Still so very bitter.

did you bitch on the PI call on joe haden

im going to go out on a limb and say you didnt

Mon February 04, 2019 6:28 pm

run2death wrote:Anyone else notice the missed intentional grounding call on Goff in the end zone in the third quarter?

Did it seem to anyone else that a lot of plays weren't shown multiple times like in other games? A lot of close calls that were "was that...?" but the director never showed a second angle. Is it because it's the Super Bowl and they don't want to waste the normies time with extra analysis?

Mon February 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Just in general there didn't seem to be a lot of calls to be made by the refs.

Most of the catches seemed pretty clear-cut, there was really only two defensive holding calls that extended drives and the defenseless player call was also an easy call.

I was happy to not have multiple "was it or wasn't it a catch" stoppages.

Mon February 04, 2019 6:58 pm

run2death wrote:Anyone else notice the missed intentional grounding call on Goff in the end zone in the third quarter?

wasn’t the rb in the area?

Mon February 04, 2019 7:00 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:

Sort of. The pass bounced right after the line of scrimmage. The RB was about 5-10 yards past it near the sideline. I've seen it called both ways. Though I only saw the play live and one replay, so I may be remembering it incorrectly.

Mon February 04, 2019 7:07 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Sort of. The pass bounced right after the line of scrimmage. The RB was about 5-10 yards past it near the sideline. I've seen it called both ways. Though I only saw the play live and one replay, so I may be remembering it incorrectly.

yeah i’d need to see it again too

Mon February 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:

That's how I remember it, too. There was a ref who immediately pointed at the Rams player who would have been the intended receiver. It was close but wasn't egregious.

Mon February 04, 2019 7:23 pm

Hmmmm. I just watched it again. Ball lands about 3 yards from the line of scrimmage and Gurley's like 10 yards away.

Mon February 04, 2019 7:31 pm

either way, it was definitely a game changer

Mon February 04, 2019 8:13 pm

I meant to say right before or after the line of scrimmage. If the thrown ball was on line with intended target they tend to not call it as much.
Post a reply