The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue April 17, 2018 12:21 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2699
Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
CJ Anderson cut.
:thumbsdown:

Are surprised by that move? Or did you see it coming?
Not really surprised, but I disagree with the move. Anderson just came off a 1000 yard season, and $4.5M wasn't an unreasonably overpay for a veteran RB of his level. I just really hope he doesn't go to the Raiders (he's a Bay Area native and went to Cal for college) or the Dolphins (because fuck Adam Gase).


This RB class is so good though, they probably feel like they can find equal or better production for less. It’s a year early or so for sure.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue April 17, 2018 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 6715
RBs really get killed by the rookie contract thing

if you are a successful RB in the NFL, by year 5 you are worn down / injured

if you are worn down / injured, you don't get paid

it's true of a lot of positions but RBs just seem to be the most easily discardable. just draft the 4th rounder with fresh legs and plug him in there. unless you have some super freak like AP, it just makes sense to keep using disposable RBs every 4 years

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue April 17, 2018 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 4187
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
96583UP wrote:
RBs really get killed by the rookie contract thing

if you are a successful RB in the NFL, by year 5 you are worn down / injured

if you are worn down / injured, you don't get paid

it's true of a lot of positions but RBs just seem to be the most easily discardable. just draft the 4th rounder with fresh legs and plug him in there. unless you have some super freak like AP, it just makes sense to keep using disposable RBs every 4 years

You mean like if a team rolled thru Faulk, Maroney, Green-Ellis, Woodhead, Ridley, Vereen, Blount, Lewis, White, Burkhead, and Gillislee across 10 seasons?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed April 18, 2018 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4397
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Regular season schedules come out tomorrow night; 8pm special on NFL Network.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed April 18, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 6715
elliseamos wrote:
96583UP wrote:
RBs really get killed by the rookie contract thing

if you are a successful RB in the NFL, by year 5 you are worn down / injured

if you are worn down / injured, you don't get paid

it's true of a lot of positions but RBs just seem to be the most easily discardable. just draft the 4th rounder with fresh legs and plug him in there. unless you have some super freak like AP, it just makes sense to keep using disposable RBs every 4 years

You mean like if a team rolled thru Faulk, Maroney, Green-Ellis, Woodhead, Ridley, Vereen, Blount, Lewis, White, Burkhead, and Gillislee across 10 seasons?


correct

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 61433
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Man... that Chiefs schedule is fucking brutal. I'll be thrilled if we can figure out 10-6. But I'm emotionally prepared for 7-9.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 6715
that Mahomes got a smoking hot blonde something. they will go 12-4 at least

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 61433
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
*eye roll emoji*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 1995
Location: The lake
96583UP wrote:
that Mahomes got a smoking hot blonde something. they will go 12-4 at least

Have you seen tannehill's wife?

_________________
Majestic-12 [Bot] radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 1:24 am 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 06, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 98
durdencommatyler wrote:
Man... that Chiefs schedule is fucking brutal. I'll be thrilled if we can figure out 10-6. But I'm emotionally prepared for 7-9.


I feel your pain. I'm not looking forward to this schedule the Saints have to play.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5481
Cross your fingers, I want to see retaliation for what Drew Pearson did in Philly last draft. Brian Dawkins would have been a better choice though.



Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue April 24, 2018 6:18 pm