The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 136  Next

Who will be in Super Bowl LIII?
Patriots/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Patriots/Saints 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Chiefs/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Chiefs/Saints 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 9:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anders wrote:
doug rr wrote:
anders, i swear to god

Not a Patriots / Tom Brady fan?

mods?

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 9:31 pm 
The Master

Anders is right. Pats SB games are almost always great.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 9:38 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I can think of 5 that were terrible. The rest were pretty great though.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 9:39 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

THE CHIEFS FIRED SUTTON!!!

The drinks are on me tonight friends!

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 9:40 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:

I see what you did there.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 9:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

8-)

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 10:56 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

8-)

Those five are my favorite! :hooray:

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 10:57 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
doug rr wrote:
anders, i swear to god

Not a Patriots / Tom Brady fan?

anders is the man

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 11:34 pm 
Rank This Poster

As much as the Saints got hosed, the idea of making PI a reviewable call seems like Pandora's box.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 12:05 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

they should consider helmet to helmet as reviewable tho

would have caught that egregious saints PI penalty and may serve as a happy medium

if they actually care about player safety would be a fairly objective change to make

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 12:15 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Electromatic wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Stardog Champion wrote:
I hope to get to this point with the Saints year at some point, but it feels impossible at this point.

Honestly, if I was a Saints fan, I'd be holding onto this loss forever. You were absolutely robbed of a Super Bowl appearance. And it's likely because the NFL wanted an LA team in the game so that can keep trying to force LA football being a thing. You have every right to be pissed.

Not really, As bad of a call as it was, and it was horrible, it happens almost every single year in these games, especially at the end of close ones. That same line judge has done that to other teams before.

The call flat out sucked, and its a shame for the Saints but score more points guys, you got a turnover in the 1st Quarter at the 13 yard line right after driving inside the 10. 2 FG's. Score touchdowns. Don't waste possessions.

1.47 or so left, RUN THE DAMN BALL Sean. 3 times. The Rams would only have 40 seconds or so and no TO's. Then the coup de grace, YOU WON THE COIN TOSS IN OVERTIME! Score, don't blow it. Don't throw the pick. Yes the call sucked, but it's distracting from the fact that the Rams beat them.

Unless you're the Patriots and you have Tom and Bill this happens to everyone else. Hell the Chiefs had that completely phantom roughing the passer call on 3rd down too.

Until the league makes it a priority to get calls right, this is going to suck for all of us.

I empathize, I know full well how much it sucks to lose that way, but you could have won, you just didn't and there was more to it than one terrible call.

1) if this happens "almost every single year in these games" I'd love to see evidence of that. The combination of stakes and obviousness seems hard to match.

2) if this is called correctly, they did score enough points to win. And as much as everyone points to the FG after the INT, everyone seems to conveniently forget that the Rams got stopped at the 1. Kinda negates the two, yes?

3) yes, they had the ball in OT. Brees got hit as he threw and it got picked. That actually is the kind of thing that happens all the time. But no-calls like that don't.

Were there other things at play? Yes.
Should that game have been over? Yes
Could a Pop Warner ref make that call? Yes

Stop trying to minimize this. It's an all-time fuck up. You say they should have run on first down and give the ball back with 40 seconds. But they should have been kneeling three times and giving it back with about 15 seconds. This blown call was not an average Sunday NFL event.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 12:34 am 

I'm still beyond pissed at this, so I'm probably gonna lash out whenever it comes up. I apologize in advance if I come off like a dick, but this is just really raw right now. I can't talk about it without losing my shit a little.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 12:37 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Stardog Champion wrote:
I'm still beyond pissed at this, so I'm probably gonna lash out whenever it comes up. I apologize in advance if I come off like a dick, but this is just really raw right now. I can't talk about it without losing my shit a little.

Nah, you have every right to be this upset.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 12:48 am 
The Master

run2death wrote:
As much as the Saints got hosed, the idea of making PI a reviewable call seems like Pandora's box.

Under no circumstances should PI be reviewable. Games would take 5 hours.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 12:52 am 
The Master

EJ wrote:
Stardog Champion wrote:

Yes, you do. Just don't become a conspiracist.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 1:41 am 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
EJ wrote:
Stardog Champion wrote:

Yes, you do. Just don't become a conspiracist.

I don't think it's part of some conspiracy. I just think it's gross (and costly) ineptitude. The explanations have been an absolute joke, and the lack of a league statement saying they screwed up just adds to the frustration.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 1:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

yikes

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs fired defensive coordinator Bob Sutton on Tuesday, two days after his defense was unable to come up with pivotal stops against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship Game.

One name to watch for the now-vacant position is former New York Jets and Buffalo Bills head coach and current ESPN analyst Rex Ryan, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 1:53 am 
Rank This Poster

Yeah, the Saints got hosed. Teams get hosed all the time. This one was just obvious. It’s not really any different than any other missed or bad call that decided a game. There aren’t clean wins anymore anyway because we have 50 different angles of everything in HD and slow motion, and calls are missed in every game. I don’t feel shit for any Saints’ fan. They have a championship. They cheated to get to that Super Bowl so hard that their coach was suspended for a year. The NFC championship had an overtime. Ultimately, the better team won.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 1:58 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

daft twat wrote:
Yeah, the Saints got hosed. Teams get hosed all the time. This one was just obvious. It’s not really any different than any other missed or bad call that decided a game. There aren’t clean wins anymore anyway because we have 50 different angles of everything in HD and slow motion, and calls are missed in every game. I don’t feel shit for any Saints’ fan. They have a championship. They cheated to get to that Super Bowl so hard that their coach was suspended for a year. The NFC championship had an overtime. Ultimately, the better team won.

PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 2:05 am 
The Master

daft twat wrote:

Vikings fans amirite?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 136  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports