The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 136  Next

Who will be in Super Bowl LIII?
Patriots/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Patriots/Saints 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Chiefs/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Chiefs/Saints 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Thu March 15, 2018 3:43 pm 
The Master

go raiders

PostPosted: Thu March 15, 2018 7:39 pm 
Rank This Poster

Man Cousins is my hero, wow. Talk about using your leverage.

I like that.

PostPosted: Thu March 15, 2018 11:24 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

he loves jesus and jesus loves cash

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri March 16, 2018 3:05 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Electromatic wrote:
bada wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bada wrote:
The Giants actually got a LT!?!?!

And the Browns sign Carlos Hyde.

Which could mean Cleveland is eyeing a QB with their #1 pick and Barkley falls to the G-Men.

Eli has protection and time to throw. They have a legit running game and a back who can catch the ball. Even if OBJ is suspended, they have a decent receiving core and a TE. Make a couple of smart moves in the draft and maybe they can make a playoff run.

I'm not sold on Barkley. Giants aren't asking my opinion though. I just don't know if he's worth the number 2 pick. He can break big plays but I don't think he's an every down back. I wish I knew if Davis Webb could play and passing on a QB was a good idea.

With what Jerrick Mckinnon just got and the way they play now, Barkley is absolutely a 3 down player, I don't think he's a great inside runner, but for outside zone he's perfect, and the line at PSU was nothing special. I don't think he'll be a great power runner between the tackles, but he shouldn't have to be. He could catch 80 passes.

I know its not sexy but I kinda hope they take that guard instead.

PostPosted: Fri March 16, 2018 3:13 pm 
See you in another life, brother

bada wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
bada wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bada wrote:
The Giants actually got a LT!?!?!

And the Browns sign Carlos Hyde.

Which could mean Cleveland is eyeing a QB with their #1 pick and Barkley falls to the G-Men.

Eli has protection and time to throw. They have a legit running game and a back who can catch the ball. Even if OBJ is suspended, they have a decent receiving core and a TE. Make a couple of smart moves in the draft and maybe they can make a playoff run.

I'm not sold on Barkley. Giants aren't asking my opinion though. I just don't know if he's worth the number 2 pick. He can break big plays but I don't think he's an every down back. I wish I knew if Davis Webb could play and passing on a QB was a good idea.

With what Jerrick Mckinnon just got and the way they play now, Barkley is absolutely a 3 down player, I don't think he's a great inside runner, but for outside zone he's perfect, and the line at PSU was nothing special. I don't think he'll be a great power runner between the tackles, but he shouldn't have to be. He could catch 80 passes.

I know its not sexy but I kinda hope they take that guard instead.

A guard???

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 3:03 pm 
Rank This Poster

I loved the Honey Badger as much as the next Cards fan, but they made the right decision. He hasn't been the same since the ACL injury and realistically he's had one truly great season.

That ~$20M over the next two years will be better spent elsewhere.

That being said I hope he has a great year in Houston. He's a great dude.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 4:40 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Jets and Colts maneuvering... interesting.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 6:16 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

elliseamos wrote:

Super interesting. But not totally surprising. Jets need a QB.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 6:52 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
go raiders

stfu

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 7:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

Sure, but they wouldn't get one at 6?

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 7:18 pm 
Rank This Poster

elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

What the Bears did last year and the Jets are doing this year makes little sense to me, I guess they love one particular player they don’t think makes it to 6.

I tend to think having more picks is the better strategy.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 7:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Electromatic wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

What the Bears did last year and the Jets are doing this year makes little sense to me, I guess they love one particular player they don’t think makes it to 6.

I tend to think having more picks is the better strategy.

I mean, given the state of their d-line I'm not going to be shocked if this ensures they take chubb.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 7:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

Well, sure. But maybe "their guy" is a top 3 guy. Maybe the think the Browns and the Giants are both taking a QB and they want to make sure they get the third best available. Maybe they don't like the #4 four guy as a franchise QB especially given how poorly they've drafted at the position for the last few years. I'm a big fan of the GO GET A FRANCHISE QB mentality. Sometimes you'll swing and miss but if you believe in a guy, if you think the guy is a legit future of the franchise type of player, go get him.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 8:05 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

Well, sure. But maybe "their guy" is a top 3 guy. Maybe the think the Browns and the Giants are both taking a QB and they want to make sure they get the third best available. Maybe they don't like the #4 four guy as a franchise QB especially given how poorly they've drafted at the position for the last few years. I'm a big fan of the GO GET A FRANCHISE QB mentality. Sometimes you'll swing and miss but if you believe in a guy, if you think the guy is a legit future of the franchise type of player, go get him.

I get it, I just think it's foolish to do the deal now when there's over a month until picking time. And, I think they have invested enough this offseason in QBs.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 8:22 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

I get it, I just think it's foolish to do the deal now when there's over a month until picking time. And, I think they have invested enough this offseason in QBs.

But they know much more than we do. There might be a ton of deals in the works behind the scenes and they needed to move now.

But again I value the QB position more than any other. We need look no further than the Vikings his past season. The QB position is invaluable, to me. And if they believe they have their guy at #3 but not at #4... I respect the move. Go get your guy. I love that. If it pays off and they land their QBotF, it's completely worth the cost.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 8:23 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Besides, based on what the pundits are tweeting, the price is only going to go up. Maybe striking the deal now is the best move given inflation as we get closer to draft time? I don't know that for sure, but it seems possible.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 9:35 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

But they know much more than we do. There might be a ton of deals in the works behind the scenes and they needed to move now.

But again I value the QB position more than any other. We need look no further than the Vikings his past season. The QB position is invaluable, to me. And if they believe they have their guy at #3 but not at #4... I respect the move. Go get your guy. I love that. If it pays off and they land their QBotF, it's completely worth the cost.
I guess. But what seems to work out better is casting a wider net. Like keeping all those 2nd rounders and drafting someone to develop behind Bridgewater & McCown.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 9:50 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

I guess. But what seems to work out better is casting a wider net. Like keeping all those 2nd rounders and drafting someone to develop behind Bridgewater & McCown.

It's just different philosophies. I'm not saying you're wrong at all. But I can tell you from experience, what it means to a fan base to target a potential 1st round, franchise QB and then draft him. Then you can build around that guy for the future. I can't quantify what it's meant to the Chiefs fan base. Again, that guy may end up falling flat. But after decades and decades and decades of doing what you're talking about... going out, targeting, and then being bold enough to swing for it and get him is immeasurable.

Again, not saying you're wrong. Your way is super valid and obviously it's something a lot of franchises chose to do. But I've lived too many years with that model and so I understand the want/need to do things differently. Especially for a team that was almost a playoff team last year despite everyone thinking they wouldn't win a single game.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 11:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

It's just different philosophies. I'm not saying you're wrong at all. But I can tell you from experience, what it means to a fan base to target a potential 1st round, franchise QB and then draft him. Then you can build around that guy for the future. I can't quantify what it's meant to the Chiefs fan base. Again, that guy may end up falling flat. But after decades and decades and decades of doing what you're talking about... going out, targeting, and then being bold enough to swing for it and get him is immeasurable.

Again, not saying you're wrong. Your way is super valid and obviously it's something a lot of franchises chose to do. But I've lived too many years with that model and so I understand the want/need to do things differently. Especially for a team that was almost a playoff team last year despite everyone thinking they wouldn't win a single game.
wait? Who thought the Chiefs wouldn't win a game? And, Mahomes was taken 10th overall.

PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 11:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

wait? Who thought the Chiefs wouldn't win a game? And, Mahomes was taken 10th overall.

No, I'm saying last year people thought the Jets wouldn't win a game. For a team coming off a year where they surprised everyone (the Jets) maybe they (management) thinks the team is closer to competing than others think.

The Chiefs also gave up a good amount to move up and snatch Mahomes; a move I was in full support of.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 136  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports