The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 136  Next

Who will be in Super Bowl LIII?
Patriots/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Patriots/Saints 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Chiefs/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Chiefs/Saints 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 2:21 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
doug rr wrote:
i honestly have never been this mad after a game..good job, joe

what happened?

Patrck Mahomes.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 2:21 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
doug rr wrote:

what happened?

Patrck Mahomes.

he’s no tua

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 2:25 pm 
Rank This Poster

doug rr wrote:

That last offensive play call was almost full James Franklin.

Never go Full James Franklin.

A freaking hook and ladder from the 25. With 20 seconds left. Run actual football routes to the end zone and take 3 cracks at it, the Chiefs don't so much play defense.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 2:29 pm 
Future Drummer

Electromatic wrote:
A freaking hook and ladder from the 25. With 20 seconds left. Run actual football routes to the end zone and take 3 cracks at it, the Chiefs don't so much play defense.

it was fourth down

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 2:31 pm 
Rank This Poster

--- wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

it was fourth down

run an actual football play past the sticks?

If they catch it it would have scored, they had the blocking there, but they needed a lot of moving parts to work perfectly and they just missed a TD to Thomas a play or two before.

Meh, one persons opinion.

Last edited by Electromatic on Tue October 02, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 2:32 pm 
The Master

--- wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

it was fourth down

I thought it was a bold call and maybe not necessary. Time was an issue, i think there were 16 seconds left when he got rid of the ball. I would have thrown to the sidelines and gotten out of bounds and hope for one last chance for the end zone.

Speculation that maybe if he would have held onto the ball at the first down marker there would also have been maybe enough time to get one more play in....

Go VIkings.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 2:35 pm 
Future Drummer

Electromatic wrote:
--- wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

it was fourth down

If they catch it it would have scored, they had the blocking there, but they needed a lot of moving parts to work perfectly and they just missed a TD to Thomas a play or two before.

If Sutton just catches the ball and falls down they might have been able to clock it and get an additional play off. I'm not sure the odds of 1) getting it off in time and 2) scoring a TD on the last play are any greater than scoring on the hook and ladder.

There is much to criticize Denver for in the wake of that game. I'd put the hook-and-ladder play call somewhere around tenth on the list, if it's on the list at all.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 2:36 pm 
The Master

--- wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
--- wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

it was fourth down

If Sutton just catches the ball and falls down they might have been able to clock it and get an additional play off. I'm not sure the odds of 1) getting it off in time and 2) scoring a TD on the last play are any greater than scoring on the hook and ladder.

There is much to criticize Denver for in the wake of that game. I'd put the hook-and-ladder play call somewhere around tenth on the list.

Broncos appear to have an issue of holding onto leads and finishing off the game, for sure.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 2:40 pm 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
--- wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
--- wrote:
Electromatic wrote:

it was fourth down

There is much to criticize Denver for in the wake of that game. I'd put the hook-and-ladder play call somewhere around tenth on the list.

Broncos appear to have an issue of holding onto leads and finishing off the game, for sure.

The biggest issue defensively was not altering their pass rush lanes to keep Mahomes in the pocket. They let him get outside and create all night.

The Broncos coaches are not good.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 3:07 pm 
See you in another life, brother

--- wrote:

You take that back! Vance Joseph guided the Dolphins defense to their worst season of run defense in franchise history and then promptly got this gig.

Based on Sunday, the spirit of Joseph is alive and well hovering over Miami's run defense these days.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 3:09 pm 
Future Drummer

4/5 wrote:
--- wrote:

You take that back! Vance Joseph guided the Dolphins defense to their worst season of run defense in franchise history and then promptly got this gig.

Based on Sunday, the spirit of Joseph is alive and well hovering over Miami's run defense these days.

I would also add: if you want to keep rushing Mahomes and give him the opportunity to scramble, you cannot play man. Corners can't cover for that long, and they especially can't cover when the play breaks down and it becomes sandlot football. You have to play zone.

Joseph is a very bad coach.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 4:46 pm 
The Master

--- wrote:
4/5 wrote:
--- wrote:

I would also add: if you want to keep rushing Mahomes and give him the opportunity to scramble, you cannot play man. Corners can't cover for that long, and they especially can't cover when the play breaks down and it becomes sandlot football. You have to play zone.

yea i wasn't sure if his scrambling/out of pocket yards were indicative of his greatness or awful coaching

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 5:51 pm 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
--- wrote:
4/5 wrote:
--- wrote:

yea i wasn't sure if his scrambling/out of pocket yards were indicative of his greatness or awful coaching

It's both. Mahomes is very, very good.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 7:32 pm 
Future Drummer

Once the Chiefs got their head right and realized they could run the ball, things got easier for Mahomes, but he still made some amazing plays to close it out.

Have no idea why Denver didn't run more to close it out. They were averaging 8 yards a carry or something like that with their two rookies.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 10:11 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Some real wise-crackers on the internet these days...

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 10:17 pm 
Rank This Poster

Mahomes is spectacular, but we are talking about an Andy Reid-coached team here, fellas.

Let's keep perspective.

PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 10:39 pm 
See you in another life, brother

run2death wrote:
Mahomes is spectacular, but we are talking about an Andy Reid-coached team here, fellas.

Let's keep perspective.

Inb4 the inevitable Bill Simmons pre-AFC Championship Game meltdown where he tries to reverse-jinx a Patriots victory by trying to convince everybody that the power of Mahomes is enough to offset ol' Coach Playoff Andy. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's already started.

PostPosted: Fri October 05, 2018 3:09 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Man, Brady to Gordon.

PostPosted: Fri October 05, 2018 3:06 pm 
Rank This Poster

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Man, Brady to Gordon.

Can't throw it better than that.

PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 2:26 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

hopefully he can stay clean in NE

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 136  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports