The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 136  Next

Who will be in Super Bowl LIII?
Patriots/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Patriots/Saints 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Chiefs/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Chiefs/Saints 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 1:45 am 
The Master

good game so far

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 1:47 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
good game so far

you should move to san francisco, its nice

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 1:59 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Jason Witten doesn't so much 'speak english' as he does make strained vocal sounds

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 3:14 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

given all the injuries that happen to NFL players, what do you think the 'all-in' cost per player is to a franchise in a given year?

trying to think why these owners are so reluctant to add a few more spots to the rosters to make up for the constant flow of injuries....

you figure that like 5 more players on the roster can't be that much more expensive, esp if you only upwardly adjust the cap by a little bit

but then you get guys who go on IR in preseason, and duds like Dez who don't even play a snap - and all the sudden you are on the hook for an ACL surgery and months of rehab

is that what's really going on here? medical costs?

or is this another 'george soros is puppetmaster and doesn't want it' type thing

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 5:35 am 
Gone

doug rr wrote:
good game so far

you should move to san francisco, its nice

Super easy to secure housing there.

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 12:59 pm 
Rank This Poster

96583UP wrote:
given all the injuries that happen to NFL players, what do you think the 'all-in' cost per player is to a franchise in a given year?

trying to think why these owners are so reluctant to add a few more spots to the rosters to make up for the constant flow of injuries....

you figure that like 5 more players on the roster can't be that much more expensive, esp if you only upwardly adjust the cap by a little bit

but then you get guys who go on IR in preseason, and duds like Dez who don't even play a snap - and all the sudden you are on the hook for an ACL surgery and months of rehab

or is this another 'george soros is puppetmaster and doesn't want it' type thing

It makes zero sense not to add the entire practice squad as roster spots today and there’s no real need for inactives, the only thought against it i guess is the possibility for a lack of competitive balance. But that said, make the trading deadline week 15 or so, so playoff teams can load up and out of it teams can sell off.

They’re paying a damn figure head 55 million a year. There’s plenty of cash.

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 10:05 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Chiefs @ Rams heading from Mexico to LA, looks like.

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 10:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
Chiefs @ Rams heading from Mexico to LA, looks like.

want to come to the beach and watch it with me?

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 10:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i'll fire up the grill..broncos in town too for the chargers...ill do a brisket and get some pliny/pappy

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 10:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

doug rr wrote:
i'll fire up the grill..broncos in town too for the chargers...ill do a brisket and get some pliny/pappy

You have no idea how badly I want this to happen. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 10:29 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:

You have no idea how badly I want this to happen. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Tue November 13, 2018 10:42 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I can't believe that show didn't succeed.

PostPosted: Wed November 14, 2018 12:25 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Electromatic wrote:
96583UP wrote:

It makes zero sense not to add the entire practice squad as roster spots today and there’s no real need for inactives, the only thought against it i guess is the possibility for a lack of competitive balance. But that said, make the trading deadline week 15 or so, so playoff teams can load up and out of it teams can sell off.

The NFL is a war of attrition - I wouldn't support expanding the active roster. I think limiting to a certain amount of players per team means that the coaches and GMs have to concentrate more on players 1 - 55. Teams that have found success over the last several years or so almost always had to deal with a significant injury or two or three or four. Just look at Philly last year at QB.

I'm biased here because that's been the blueprint for the Pats - concentrating on all players equally w/ intense evaluation, etc. Of course, other teams have mastered this as well.

PostPosted: Wed November 14, 2018 1:21 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Coach wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
96583UP wrote:

The NFL is a war of attrition - I wouldn't support expanding the active roster. I think limiting to a certain amount of players per team means that the coaches and GMs have to concentrate more on players 1 - 55. Teams that have found success over the last several years or so almost always had to deal with a significant injury or two or three or four. Just look at Philly last year at QB.

I'm biased here because that's been the blueprint for the Pats - concentrating on all players equally w/ intense evaluation, etc. Of course, other teams have mastered this as well.

we would have also accepted "this isn't a problem for my team, because he prefers to win with used car salesmen"

PostPosted: Wed November 14, 2018 1:21 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

OBJ loves the W but loves even more that he got fantasy stats

PostPosted: Wed November 14, 2018 4:13 am 
Rank This Poster

Coach wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
96583UP wrote:

It’s a fair argument, but I think the quality after the starting 22 for most teams given the CBA is pretty awful. I mean the Falcons traded for Jordan Richards, and he can’t play at all.

PostPosted: Thu November 15, 2018 6:50 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Hey Broncos, y'all gonna beat the Chargers this weekend or what?

PostPosted: Thu November 15, 2018 7:28 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:

lol no

PostPosted: Thu November 15, 2018 7:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:

lol no

correct..im not even going

PostPosted: Thu November 15, 2018 7:39 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

doug rr wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

lol no

correct..im not even going

goddamnit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 136  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports