The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Thu February 13, 2020 7:58 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Alright, so the right heel is basically back to normal now. No more crazy pain/inflammation. But about two weeks ago my left knee starting acting like an asshole. That seems better now, too.

I've been focusing on the elliptical machine to minimize impact on joints/tendons but also trying to simulate running form to some degree. I take a lot of steps in a day and nothing seems exacerbated by that.

BUT... now all of a sudden my goddamn left toe is flaring up. Swollen. Red. And my toenail is all blue and discolored and gross looking. Today, finally, the pain in my toe is gone. Doesn't hurt to touch the nail or anything. But it still looks like it's bruised badly underneath.

Gout Of My Mind

trag

PostPosted: Thu February 13, 2020 9:48 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Alright, so the right heel is basically back to normal now. No more crazy pain/inflammation. But about two weeks ago my left knee starting acting like an asshole. That seems better now, too.

I've been focusing on the elliptical machine to minimize impact on joints/tendons but also trying to simulate running form to some degree. I take a lot of steps in a day and nothing seems exacerbated by that.

BUT... now all of a sudden my goddamn left toe is flaring up. Swollen. Red. And my toenail is all blue and discolored and gross looking. Today, finally, the pain in my toe is gone. Doesn't hurt to touch the nail or anything. But it still looks like it's bruised badly underneath.

Gout Of My Mind

trag

You don’t wind up in the Excellent Posters conversation by letting good opportunities pass

PostPosted: Thu February 13, 2020 10:16 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Gout Of My Mind

trag

You don’t wind up in the Excellent Posters conversation by letting good opportunities pass

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 4:34 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

Hi verb,

I have rotator cuff surgery finally being done on 7-21.

I don't know if I said but the MRI said I have massive rotator cuff involving full cuff tears involving two tendons which both are retracted more than 5 cm each.

The surgeon who I talked to the other day during lunch said yeah chomp chomp chomp sometimes you get in there and yank the tendons and they chomp chomp chomp come right back.

So I feel and have heard that I'm in good hands

chomp chomp chomp

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 4:37 am 
mXn

Timely bump.

Never break your leg when you’re pushing 40, team. It won’t fully heal and it will fuck up other things like your back and ankle.

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 5:15 am 
Gone

knee tunes wrote:
Hi verb,

I don't know if I said but the MRI said I have massive rotator cuff involving full cuff tears involving two tendons which both are retracted more than 5 cm each.

The surgeon who I talked to the other day during lunch said yeah chomp chomp chomp sometimes you get in there and yank the tendons and they chomp chomp chomp come right back.

chomp chomp chomp

Good luck with everything. I remember my doctor telling me I was lucky to have my rotator cuff intact as a rotator cuff tear is harder to rehab. As tough as it will be for the first several weeks just know it will get easier, and there is probably no better time in the history of the world to be laid up recovering from a surgery.

I don't know what state you are in but it's good you can have an elective procedure. For a while they were forbidden around here and now there is a blood shortage that is threatening some of the electives that are on the schedule for the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 5:15 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

Bammer wrote:
Timely bump.

Never break your leg when you’re pushing 40, team. It won’t fully heal and it will fuck up other things like your back and ankle.

How's your toes thos?

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 5:17 am 
Gone

Bammer wrote:
Timely bump.

My shoulder isn't there yet but given your situation I think I'd probably take a game to 10 against you. 10 to 4. Something like that.

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 5:26 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

verb_to_trust wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
Hi verb,

chomp chomp chomp

Good luck with everything. I remember my doctor telling me I was lucky to have my rotator cuff intact as a rotator cuff tear is harder to rehab. As tough as it will be for the first several weeks just know it will get easier, and there is probably no better time in the history of the world to be laid up recovering from a surgery.

I don't know what state you are in but it's good you can have an elective procedure. For a while they were forbidden around here and now there is a blood shortage that is threatening some of the electives that are on the schedule for the coming weeks.

It IS a great time working from home indefinitely. I am ready to do whatever rehab is necessary and I miss being active and strong on purpose .

I used to have a regimen of arm shoulder back abs & down, but have not since February whatever when the non-bats didn't attack me and I came home writing on the RM to you.

I definitely feel atrophyich but I hope after rehabilitation which I am so looking forward to not over doing , that I can regain my strength and girlish knee tunes self .

Just sayin'.

I'm glad to read you are running alot again too.

I look forward to not "sleeping wrong " on broken parts as well.or looking like trump drinking bad water. Haha

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 5:29 am 
Gone

The worst part about surgery was the nausea and constipation. It really freaked me out how little I pooped for like...days.

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 5:32 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

They better give me lots of Percocet.

F the brown stuff

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 5:52 am 
mXn

verb_to_trust wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Timely bump.

My shoulder isn't there yet but given your situation I think I'd probably take a game to 10 against you. 10 to 4. Something like that.

I cannot openly claim victory the way I once did.

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2020 6:42 pm 
The Master

Things don't heal at this age. THey now just take constant care and upkeep to allow the motor to keep running.

PostPosted: Fri July 17, 2020 2:10 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

I have surgery on Tuesday to repair torn rotator cuff tear.

It'll either be repair by normal means or by "superior capsular reconstruction" meaning they give me a fake tendon.

I'll let yas all know.

PostPosted: Fri July 17, 2020 2:11 am 
The Master

knee tunes wrote:
I have surgery on Tuesday to repair torn rotator cuff tear.

It'll either be repair by normal means or by "superior capsular reconstruction" meaning they give me a fake tendon.

I'll let yas all know.

good luck

PostPosted: Fri July 17, 2020 2:13 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

knee tunes wrote:
Where's Verb?

I think I'm in trouble. I was just outside walking in the very lovely snow. I turned a corner and heard a huge flapping sound. All these birds started leaving a tree at once. Maybe they were birds. The first thing I thought was "bats!", and i turned to run and fell right down. My shoulder/upper arm hit the corner of the curb.

No bats came at me thank heavens.

But now I can't lift my arm forward or to the side. I can move it up with my other arm but I can't hold it there. I can bend at the elbow fine as long as my upper arm is straight down.

If I go to lift my left arm as if to type at a keyboard, that first little go motion causes pain.

There's no pain when my arm is dangling there or when I press all around it with my right hand-. I just can't move it

Am I f*ed? :(

This is why I am having surgery .
P.S. bats migrate or hibernate in the winter so I'm having surgery because of a bunch of birds :|

PostPosted: Fri July 17, 2020 2:13 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

Thanks lenballs

PostPosted: Fri July 17, 2020 2:16 am 
The Master

my heart needs reconstructive surgery

PostPosted: Fri July 17, 2020 2:21 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:

Aww.

Like this?

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Fri July 17, 2020 2:26 am 
The Master

knee tunes wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:

Aww.

Like this?

Spoiler: show

i don't like animals

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports