The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 51870
verb_to_trust wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
come on spike, we all know verb doesn't hang around with anybody


:wave: I'm spooning with my fiance and cat right now.

tell them i said :wave:

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51604
Location: Sector 7-G
spike wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
spike wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
spike wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
spike wrote:
i had a second injection for my herniated disc about a week ago now, and i've been much improved. still using ibuprofen for soreness, but otherwise, i've been able to lead my life again. taking it easy is hard though; i have to constantly remind myself not to lift "heavy" stuff, etc.


"Ibuprofen"

no more vicodin for me, pal. i need to drive for work, and you can actually get DUI.


It's fairly easy to beat a drug DUI in court

who's the drug addict now


I'm not speaking from personal experience

so you hang around a bunch of loser druggies just to feel superior. figures.

Insert forbidden picture here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15057
Location: Illinois
cutuphalfdead wrote:
spike wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
spike wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
spike wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
spike wrote:
i had a second injection for my herniated disc about a week ago now, and i've been much improved. still using ibuprofen for soreness, but otherwise, i've been able to lead my life again. taking it easy is hard though; i have to constantly remind myself not to lift "heavy" stuff, etc.


"Ibuprofen"

no more vicodin for me, pal. i need to drive for work, and you can actually get DUI.


It's fairly easy to beat a drug DUI in court

who's the drug addict now


I'm not speaking from personal experience

so you hang around a bunch of loser druggies just to feel superior. figures.

Insert forbidden picture here.


I welcome the child who would choose to embarrass himself with such an action.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Thu March 01, 2018 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21693
My hip problem has been persisting but I have gotten it to crack a few times in the last 24 hrs. It feels a lot better I think. Nice.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sun March 04, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9171
i smashed an elbow when i fell on the sidewalk one time

14 years ago and it still feels fucked up at times

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat March 31, 2018 6:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21693
I fixed my recent hip problems finally I think but my upper back needs to be cracked. I think I wanna visit the chiropractor.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat March 31, 2018 6:09 am 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34327
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
We were born with a faulty organ that will one day fail (like we all do) and we will die. That's if something else doesn't kill you first.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat March 31, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 51870
BurtReynolds wrote:
We were born with a faulty organ that will one day fail (like we all do) and we will die. That's if something else doesn't kill you first.

evolution is a farce

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat April 07, 2018 4:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21693
I just cracked my ankle. so nice.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat April 07, 2018 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36044
Location: Mountains
I was water skiing almost 3 years ago. Long story short: When the boat took off my ski got caught and I split myself in half. Heard pops, saw stars, hit the water.

I was black and blue from tip of my dick to my thigh and my lower abdomen. Got checked for a hernia and was fine there.

However, strong chance I tore labrum on the hip joint. Been bugging me. PT helps and i can do most things, but it hurts. Getting up from sitting takes a few steps to get it to work properly. I can run. Ski. Hike. Do most of yoga....But its not 100%

Im scared to get an MRI and surgery because the recovery is a long fucking time. Though, im starting to get frustrated not being 100%.

I could be better at PT though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat April 07, 2018 10:36 pm 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34327
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
migraine knocked me the fuck out yesterday. I guess that headache was building to something.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat April 07, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36044
Location: Mountains
BurtReynolds wrote:
migraine knocked me the fuck out yesterday. I guess that headache was building to something.

Is a migraine an "injury" ?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat April 07, 2018 10:40 pm 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34327
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
migraine knocked me the fuck out yesterday. I guess that headache was building to something.

Is a migraine an "injury" ?

It felt like someone was stabbing me in the eye. does that count?

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat April 07, 2018 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36044
Location: Mountains
BurtReynolds wrote:
Strat wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
migraine knocked me the fuck out yesterday. I guess that headache was building to something.

Is a migraine an "injury" ?

It felt like someone was stabbing me in the eye. does that count?

Ill let Dev decide.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat April 07, 2018 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 20602
I fucked up my shoulder some time ago and I just ignored it and it “healed” wrong and now my left shoulder is titled forward a bit and it also has my upper back in a kink. Finally went to a chiro the other day and Oh My Lawd he cracked me off something fierce. I think it’s going to take several trips, but he seemed to know what he’s doing, so here’s to getting set straight.

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sat April 07, 2018 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36044
Location: Mountains
Kaius wrote:
I fucked up my shoulder some time ago and I just ignored it and it “healed” wrong and now my left shoulder is titled forward a bit and it also has my upper back in a kink. Finally went to a chiro the other day and Oh My Lawd he cracked me off something fierce. I think it’s going to take several trips, but he seemed to know what he’s doing, so here’s to getting set straight.

I love the chiropractor. I have one that is part of an integrative medical clinic so along with that they spend a lot of time on physical therapy and other various methods of healing. A lot of people up here also swear by Rolfers. I have yet to go but its next on my list.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sun April 08, 2018 1:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10001
Location: Space City
I slammed my dominant thumb in the office safe about 30 minutes again. Holy fuck does this hurt.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Sun April 08, 2018 3:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4267
when i was like 7 or 8 my older brother tripped me from behind while we were racing. split my chin open as i hit a broken bottle on the ground

broke my pinking finger a few years later (11 or 12) throwing a punch at him and following with a knee. missed him but hit the wooden part of our couch

sprained my ankles numerous times playing basketball last major time i did i think i may have broken it. 3/4 of my foot was black, not black and blue, literally black

screwed up my shoulder when the squat bar fell off my back and i reached back to grab it

only injury that is still from when i was about 30. got slashed playing deck hockey on my big toe. a week later that toe nail fell off and it hasnt really grown since. best i can describe it as it kinda looks like a hoof, so about once every other month i pick at it and remove it all over again

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Discuss your injuries ITT
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15057
Location: Illinois
Show us the toe


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat October 20, 2018 9:37 pm