The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: 2013 NFL Draft
PostPosted: Wed December 26, 2012 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

List of declared underclassmen thus far:

Keenan Allen WR California
David Amerson CB North Carolina St.
Alvin Bailey OG Arkansas
Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia
Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina
Tyler Bray QB Tennessee
Knile Davis RB Arkansas
Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio St.
Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech
Akeem Spence DT Illinois
Trabis Ward RB Tennessee St.
Brad Wing P LSU

Lattimore's the most notable one on there--he's making the right decision by coming out now and getting an NFL team to pay for his rehab. I wouldn't mind the Broncos spending a mid-round pick on him to get him ready for 2014 in case Moreno leaves or McGahee gets old. Plus, it would be quite coincidental to have him be on the same team as the guy that, sadly, he got compared to during his horrible injury.

Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL Draft
PostPosted: Mon December 31, 2012 4:53 am 
Site Admin

Now that the Chiefs have clinched the #1 overall pick, there is a notable mark in the history of the worst teams in NFL history since the merger. Sure, there have been teams like the Packers, Bears, Giants, Redskins, and (amazingly) the Cardinals that have to date back before the merger to find a team that was the worst in the NFL. And sure, the Seahawks, Ravens, and Jaguars have never held that title in their franchise history, but they were founded after the merger.

Until today, the Chiefs were one of only two teams that have been in existence since the merger that has never been the worst team in any given season since then. The other one?
Spoiler: show
Since I'm posting this, I think you can guess the answer.

PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 9:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

How far away is Lattimore? I kinda thought he would never play again, will he get drafted or will he be an undrafted FA?

PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 9:48 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I might actually go to RCMH for round one this year. See what the Chiefs decide to do.

PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
How far away is Lattimore? I kinda thought he would never play again, will he get drafted or will he be an undrafted FA?
The consensus is that it'll be like McGahee, who'll sit out his rookie year but get paid for rehab from the team that drafts him. I'd be real surprised if he isn't drafted.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:13 am 
slower than 82% of US

Green Habit wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
The consensus is that it'll be like McGahee, who'll sit out his rookie year but get paid for rehab from the team that drafts him. I'd be real surprised if he isn't drafted.

kinda worked out for the Bills

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 11:12 pm 
Future Drummer

Looks like kind of a weak class, no? Although these things always shape up very differently as we get closer to April. I'd hate to be a team trying to get a QB in this draft.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 6:29 am 
Site Admin

Orpheus wrote:
Looks like kind of a weak class, no? Although these things always shape up very differently as we get closer to April. I'd hate to be a team trying to get a QB in this draft.
This statement fits well with the fact that the Raiders and Chiefs are both picking in the top 3. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 7:03 pm 
Future Drummer

And doesn't that Raiders pick belong to the Bengals? Or was it just the first from last year and a 2nd this year? Either way that trade is going to royally screw an already horrible team.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

Orpheus wrote:
And doesn't that Raiders pick belong to the Bengals? Or was it just the first from last year and a 2nd this year? Either way that trade is going to royally screw an already horrible team.
It's a 2nd rounder--it only would have been a first if the Raiders won a playoff game this year. Thankfully, that will not happen.

PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 3:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Luck and RGIII really messed up the curve. Now all the experts are saying there isn't a worthy QB in this draft because none of them are either of those guys.

But there is plenty of talent and loads of potential. Smith, Wilson and Barkley all have the tools and the potential to have success in the NFL. Personally, I like Geno Smith the best. And if the Chiefs pick him up, I'll be over the moon about it.

PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 3:54 pm 
Rank This Poster

are there any fat mormons first round worthy? if so the chiefs will take him

who's the best DB from the SEC in this draft? thats who the eagles should take. there's been a whole at safety since brian dawkins left and its grown to the entire defensive backfield. not to say "i told you so" but yeah, letting brian dawkins leave was the dumbest thing this franchise has ever done.

PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

warehouse wrote:

who's the best DB from the SEC in this draft? thats who the eagles should take. there's been a whole at safety since brian dawkins left and its grown to the entire defensive backfield. not to say "i told you so" but yeah, letting brian dawkins leave was the dumbest thing this franchise has ever done.
I know you'll disagree, but he really only had one good year in Denver.

LSU's Eric Reid just declared--maybe he's your guy?

PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 5:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

warehouse wrote:

Imo the best db this year is dee milliner cb from alabama

PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 5:50 pm 
Rank This Poster

Green Habit wrote:
warehouse wrote:

I know you'll disagree, but he really only had one good year in Denver.

LSU's Eric Reid just declared--maybe he's your guy?

even if he only had one good year in denver, the eagles needed him that year. i really think a stud safety is way more important than a stud CB, so this reid kid sounds perfect. he's probably andy's distant relative.

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2013 4:38 am 
slower than 82% of US

After signing Marrone as their head coach, the Bills are probably going to draft Nassib for their QB

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2013 4:42 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Mecca wrote:
After signing Marrone as their head coach, the Bills are probably going to draft Nassib for their QB

I was kinda hoping he might be who tampa would go for somewhere around the 4th round, but i wont be shocked if buffalo go for him in the 2nd

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2013 4:44 am 
slower than 82% of US

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I was kinda hoping he might be who tampa would go for somewhere around the 4th round, but i wont be shocked if buffalo go for him in the 2nd

he's definitely a 2nd round pick type player

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2013 4:47 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Mecca wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Mecca wrote:

he's definitely a 2nd round pick type player

Yep, and there are a decent number of 2nd round type of qbs so i hope some will fall a couple of rounds farther down

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2013 2:25 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Any pick by the Browns in the 1st round that isn't a pass rushing DE or a lockdown DB is a disappointment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports