The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 12495
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Love me some Pingo.

Do you?

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 13949
Location: Space City
I'm more of a Pongo fan.

Image


Last edited by washing machine on Wed June 19, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 12495
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
What's Pongo?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: A Dark Place
I'm a penhold guy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 12495
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Shakehand here. I'm a natural spinner. Can't even help it. Same with tennis. Maybe it's the shape of me. My opponents hate it but I really look stupid when I whiff, which is somewhat common when you're a spinner.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 6105
Location: the afterlife...
Why do you call it Pingo?

Is this a thing? It's just as many syllables to say the game's name correctly.

or is Pingo a different game?

Also, did you just say you're a spinner? :lol:

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 12495
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Iholdthepain wrote:
Why do you call it Pingo?

Is this a thing? It's just as many syllables to say the game's name correctly.

or is Pingo a different game?

Also, did you just say you're a spinner? :lol:
We started calling it "Pingo" because in order to decide who serves first before the game starts, we do a thing called "Ping for it!". My cousin and I would always go "P-I-N-G...-O!" and we all thought it was hilarious and started calling it Pingo. Yes, I am a spinner. Top, bottom, side spin, other side spin, under cut spin,... every kind of spin.. I just do it and it comes naturally. I literally blow peoples' minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 6105
Location: the afterlife...
tree_ wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Why do you call it Pingo?

Is this a thing? It's just as many syllables to say the game's name correctly.

or is Pingo a different game?

Also, did you just say you're a spinner? :lol:
We started calling it "Pingo" because in order to decide who serves first before the game starts, we do a thing called "Ping for it!". My cousin and I would always go "P-I-N-G...-O!" and we all thought it was hilarious and started calling it Pingo. Yes, I am a spinner. Top spin, side spin, other side spin, under cut spin,... every kind of spin.. I just do it and it comes naturally. I literally blow peoples' minds.

Those are not called a minds, although I do see how easily the mistake can be made.

Typically, you just volley to see who goes first, it the ball must be hit three times.

How do you PING-O?

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 12495
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Iholdthepain wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Why do you call it Pingo?

Is this a thing? It's just as many syllables to say the game's name correctly.

or is Pingo a different game?

Also, did you just say you're a spinner? :lol:
We started calling it "Pingo" because in order to decide who serves first before the game starts, we do a thing called "Ping for it!". My cousin and I would always go "P-I-N-G...-O!" and we all thought it was hilarious and started calling it Pingo. Yes, I am a spinner. Top spin, side spin, other side spin, under cut spin,... every kind of spin.. I just do it and it comes naturally. I literally blow peoples' minds.

Those are not called a minds, although I do see how easily the mistake can be made.

Typically, you just volley to see who goes first, it the ball must be hit three times.

How do you PING-O?
May I beg your pardon?

Yeah, that's what we do, but we go through P-I-N-G-.. and now O before the volley begins.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 6105
Location: the afterlife...
Cool!

PleAse don't beg... The answer is NO!

Maybe in another life

:naughty: :li: :throwup:

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Wed June 19, 2019 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 12495
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Iholdthepain wrote:
Cool!

PleAse don't beg... The answer is NO!

Maybe in another life

:naughty: :li: :throwup:
I BEG YOUR PARDON I have no idea what you meant by the boldened italicized above


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 3:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 8243
We’ve already covered ping pong

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7957&p=1358534&hilit=champion#p1358534

_________________
There’s a good chance I posted this while sitting on the toilet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 3:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 19890
Location: Scooby Doo
Love ping pong.

Not too enamored with this thread though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 12495
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Played Pingo last night with my cousin and my mom. Most of the time was my cousin who is a certified counselor counseling my mom to feel better about my older brother, her oldest. I learned a lot about counseling. He's really good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 20267
i’m the best ping pong player on RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 12495
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
spike wrote:
i’m the best ping pong player on RM
Doubt it. I'm really, really good. My spin is out of this world.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 20267
I specialize in neutralizing spinners. You’d be playing right into my hands.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 12495
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
spike wrote:
I specialize in neutralizing spinners. You’d be playing right into my hands.
What's your method for neutralizing spin? It's kinda hard when my top spin is coming full speed and landing at the very end corner of the table when it didn't look like it was gonna land at all, or when my slice lob barely makes it over the net and bounces very lowly back into the net.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 18497
Location: Illinois
I beat someone with a book once


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ping Pong
PostPosted: Thu June 20, 2019 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 18497
Location: Illinois
...at ping pong


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue July 16, 2019 10:50 pm