The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: the walking thread
PostPosted: Thu July 08, 2021 7:04 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

washing machine wrote:
dad wrote:
good day for a walk, and i could use some exercise.

all the fun happening in the running thread has inspired me to go for a lunchtime walk today. i might even try to find my old fitbit.

Love a good walk. How's your route?

I sort of wind my way through my suburban neighborhood, as well as the connecting burb to the south, and walk by and around our respective ponds, which aren't that big.

any recs for route tracking? i know you like/use Strava. Would that be a good one for walking as well?

PostPosted: Thu July 08, 2021 8:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strava is great for walking too.

PostPosted: Thu July 08, 2021 9:00 pm 

gonna give it a shot.

PostPosted: Thu July 08, 2021 9:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri July 09, 2021 11:04 pm 

went out for another walk today. it was in the low 90s, so hot, but not too bad. i used strava--thanks washing machine--and didn't realize the route I've been taking is just shy of three miles--also, not bad. did it in just over 45min. i think I'll try for an early morning walk tomorrow since I'm an early riser anyway. i might even try to stretch it out a little to get over three miles.

feels good to get the blood pumping with some cardio.

PostPosted: Tue July 13, 2021 10:46 pm 

today marks my sixth?...consecutive day going for a walk. still going through the neighborhood. feels great to get out, even if i choose the hottest part of the day. I usually listen to music or podcasts while i walk, but about ten minutes into the walk my Bluetooth earbuds died--didn't realize they needed a charge. ah, well.

then it was me on a walk, alone with my thoughts, which gets weird. i started thinking about the decemberists thread from 'other bands,' and how'd i'd once mentioned that i'd love to hear colin meloy sing about the hamburglar. i still do.

it devolved into a mini opera about the hamburglar, now older and wiser, and skilled with modern technology. and he's hungry, and he wants to pull off one last, great heist. he enlists the help of ronald, and birdie(?), grimace, the fry guy, whoever. the mumbling has been a ruse all this time. he's handsome, and calculated, and witty, and he...fucking does it. he gets burgers from multiple locations, or one grand location, and he gets one hell of a burger bounty...for himself. after the heist is over he murders his team in cold blood.

it ends with him, blissful and bloated, and he poisons himself with the last burger.

anyway, i should definitely charge my ear buds.

PostPosted: Wed July 14, 2021 1:22 am 
Looks Like a Cat

:thumbsup: dad

The greatest crime modern life has gotten away with is a total theft of our boredom.

PostPosted: Wed August 04, 2021 8:07 pm 

couldn't find my fitbit, so i treated myself to a series 3 apple watch in an effort to track all my activity, mostly walking/steps.

let the games begin.

PostPosted: Wed August 04, 2021 8:15 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
couldn't find my fitbit, so i treated myself to a series 3 apple watch in an effort to track all my activity, mostly walking/steps.

let the games begin.

that’s the one I’ve had for about 14 months now…the 5 didn’t seem worth the much higher price tag

PostPosted: Wed August 04, 2021 8:27 pm 

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
dad wrote:

let the games begin.

that’s the one I’ve had for about 14 months now…the 5 didn’t seem worth the much higher price tag

exactly. also, I'm too cheap to buy the latest and greatest.

are you satisfied with yours?

PostPosted: Wed August 04, 2021 8:46 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
dad wrote:

let the games begin.

exactly. also, I'm too cheap to buy the latest and greatest.

are you satisfied with yours?

same

i am, other than when it doesn’t properly register your Stand hours…not really a big deal, but it’s sometimes nice to feel accomplished in closing your rings for the day

PostPosted: Mon August 09, 2021 5:25 am 
mXn

Walked the dog at least 3 times today. May have been 4 actually.

PostPosted: Mon August 09, 2021 7:20 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bammer wrote:

Are you talking in code here? ;)

PostPosted: Mon August 09, 2021 1:05 pm 
mXn

Higgs wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Are you talking in code here? ;)

:haha:

No I am quite literally talking about taking the dog out for a walk. Ha!

PostPosted: Sun August 22, 2021 2:06 pm 

i've been getting a lot more walks in during the last month and a half. most of my walks are through my neighborhood and the one south of ours. for the first couple of weeks, i took a route that was basically a big loop between the two, which nets a little over three miles. the last few days, i've started weaving through streets, and going down and back off-shoot cul de sacs. this morning, i did all that, as well as pushed myself to the outskirts of our neighborhood entrances. it paid off for a little over six miles, and i was able to knock that out in 94 min.

i feel great, and it's always nice to get out and do something for myself while the family is sleeping (i left at 0615). it's also a good feeling being around when things outside are waking up.

and as much as i enjoying walking, i love a good hike, and The Hiking Thread is really inspiring, and i've been eyeballing some places i can go that are--at a minimum--a two-hour drive from the house. one of them is gloss mountain park, which is about two hours northwest of okc.

anyway, get out and walk, RM. it's good for you.

PostPosted: Sun August 22, 2021 2:20 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
i've been getting a lot more walks in during the last month and a half. most of my walks are through my neighborhood and the one south of ours. for the first couple of weeks, i took a route that was basically a big loop between the two, which nets a little over three miles. the last few days, i've started weaving through streets, and going down and back off-shoot cul de sacs. this morning, i did all that, as well as pushed myself to the outskirts of our neighborhood entrances. it paid off for a little over six miles, and i was able to knock that out in 94 min.

i feel great, and it's always nice to get out and do something for myself while the family is sleeping (i left at 0615). it's also a good feeling being around when things outside are waking up.

and as much as i enjoying walking, i love a good hike, and The Hiking Thread is really inspiring, and i've been eyeballing some places i can go that are--at a minimum--a two-hour drive from the house. one of them is gloss mountain park, which is about two hours northwest of okc.

:thumbsup: :nice:

PostPosted: Sun August 22, 2021 2:31 pm 

dad wrote:

are you walking or running today?

PostPosted: Sun August 22, 2021 2:35 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
dad wrote:

i should run, but i dunno...i guess if i decide not to i can go for a stroll

PostPosted: Sun August 22, 2021 2:42 pm 

dad wrote:
dad wrote:

you can do it.

roll tide

PostPosted: Sun August 22, 2021 2:45 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
dad wrote:
dad wrote:

you can do it.

roll tide

we'll see how the afternoon goes...i barely moved yesterday so i'm not very loose today

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports