The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post subject: Re: Raiders Suck
PostPosted: Sun November 30, 2014 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

durdencommatyler wrote:
I can't tell if I should be over the moon THRILLED that the Raiders are getting demolished 38-0 by St. Louis right now, or if I should be totally crushed that the Chiefs weren't able to do the same thing. :?
Always take pleasure in the Raiders getting blown out and shut out. This result is more than helping to offset that massive Ravens meltdown that just occurred.

PostPosted: Sun November 30, 2014 9:49 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I can't tell if I should be over the moon THRILLED that the Raiders are getting demolished 38-0 by St. Louis right now, or if I should be totally crushed that the Chiefs weren't able to do the same thing. :?
Always take pleasure in the Raiders getting blown out and shut out. This result is more than helping to offset that massive Ravens meltdown that just occurred.

I saw the end of the Ravens game and wanted to just vomit.

But HEY! at least the Raiders played their best!

PostPosted: Tue December 02, 2014 1:11 am 
Site Admin

One reason I always watch C'mon Man on ESPN is because Tom Jackson is always eager to put the Raiders' ineptitude front and center for everyone to enjoy. He was able to put together a Greatest Hits compilation just from yesterday's game!

PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 7:02 pm 
Future Drummer

Champions of the Bay Area! Da Rrrraaaaaiiiiiddddaaahhhssssss

PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 7:06 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Raiders and Jags need to win a few more. Bucs really need that number one pick so they can get Mariotta and don't have to settle for Winston.

PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 7:06 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

so in conclusion, go Raiders!

PostPosted: Mon December 08, 2014 7:10 pm 
Future Drummer

Bucs hold the #1pick currently I believe. If the Raiders have a really good draft they could actually be decent next year. I'm so ready for that.

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 12:26 am 
Site Admin

durdencommatyler wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Fuck the Raiders!
That's the spirit. The goal for KC should be to crush them worse than the 41-17 spanking the Broncos gave them earlier.
Oh god, when they come to Arrowhead, I hope several Raiders leave limbless and soulcrushed. We owe them a big fucking black eye.
If they didn't allow the Raiders to score a garbage time TD the margin of victory would have been one point more. Congrats, that had to feel good.

PostPosted: Tue December 16, 2014 3:12 am 
Site Admin

Gruden just announced he extended with ESPN for the duration of its contract for MNF, which is a long time. Hooray, he won't be going back to the Raiders!

Still worried about Harbaugh, though.

PostPosted: Mon February 23, 2015 6:26 am 
Site Admin

:haha: I'm not sure what's funnier, Millen trying to sabotage the best pick he ever made, or Al ignoring Millen and having it backfire on him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-russell/

Matt Millen warned Al Davis against taking JaMarcus Russell
Posted by Mike Florio on February 22, 2015, 11:39 PM EST

Nearly eight years after the Raiders used the first overall pick in the draft on one of the biggest busts of all time, former Lions G.M. Matt Millen says he warned the late Al Davis not to pick quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Millen, a former Raiders player, explained during a visit to 95.7 The Game that Russell had a short visit to Detroit before the draft, with a quick ejection from Millen’s office and an equally quick exit from former Lions coach Rod Marinelli’s office after Russell had a hard time paying attention. Millen, whose team held the second overall pick, kicked Russell out after he looked at his watch three times in a handful of minutes.

So Millen, who should have been thinking only about the Lions’ best interests (which favored letting the Raiders take Russell), called Davis and warned him not to take Russell with the No. 1 selection.

“Coach, the guy’s a stiff,” Millen told Davis. “He couldn’t pay attention for five minutes. He couldn’t even pretend. It drove me crazy.”

But Davis didn’t believe Millen.

Millen said that, if the Raiders had taken Calvin Johnson instead of Russell, Millen would have selected running back Adrian Peterson.

So while it ordinarily makes good sense to do the opposite of whatever Millen recommends, in this case Davis should have listened to Millen.

PostPosted: Mon February 23, 2015 8:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I'll hop on this Raiders suck bandwagon. While I was far too young to participate in the old Raiders-Patriots rivalry from the 70s, I know there's still plenty of venom here in New England for the Raiders, who are still slammed on local radio here...most jibes accuse fans of living in their mother's basement (as an adult).

PostPosted: Sat November 03, 2018 8:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Sun November 04, 2018 1:30 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

ha!

that game was pathetic

we've got tanking in the NFL now, folks

a little surprising though bc it's not like 1 player really turns the fortunes of a team so dramatically

in the NBA I get it, 1 player out of 5

but in the NFL it's 1 player (that prob gets injured, and 30% don't even start) out of 22+ish starters (incl special teams) ...

if the Raiders needed a QB I'd get it (ala Giants), but they don't so not sure why they really need to just totally shit the bed

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports