The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: the miami dolphins
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2023 8:18 pm 
10Club Complaint Department
 WWW  Profile

epilogue wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Thoughts on Buffalo vs. KC? You might think I’m crazy but I’m still more afraid of the Bills than the Chiefs, so I’m rooting for KC.

That is absolutely bananas crazy.

However, having said that, as a die-hard KC fan, I think the Bills win on Sunday.

I think I would prefer the chiefs to lose just to get us closer to home field in the playoffs, though I'm never actively rooting for the bills to win

Last edited by tree_ on November 7, 1984, 9:05 am, edited 39 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2023 8:42 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
epilogue wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Thoughts on Buffalo vs. KC? You might think I’m crazy but I’m still more afraid of the Bills than the Chiefs, so I’m rooting for KC.

That is absolutely bananas crazy.

However, having said that, as a die-hard KC fan, I think the Bills win on Sunday.

I think I would prefer the chiefs to lose just to get us closer to home field in the playoffs, though I'm never actively rooting for the bills to win

The Bills are gonna win. That's fine. The Chiefs are still the scariest team in the AFC

PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2023 9:51 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Yeah, I understand it being seen as crazy. I’ve seen a lot of disagreement among Fins fans this week. Ultimately, whichever way it turns out helps Miami in one way or another.

But yeah the Bills are way scarier to me. I come to that statement with a lot of baggage, though. I hate the Bills with an intense passion and I’ve rooted for the Chiefs in most playoff games over Mahomes years.

I can handle losing to the Chiefs. But I need the Bills to miss the playoffs. The absolute worst case scenario for me is the Dolphins somehow get the 1 seed and have to play Buffalo in the Divisional Round and lose.

I need them out. I don’t trust Miami to beat them in week 18 so I think that three game division lead is more like two. I’d rather lock up the division and then start worrying about the 1 seed.

It’s no disrespect to the Chiefs, they should probably be favored in any AFC playoff game, but they aren’t as scary as in past years (right now at least) and I think the Bills have a higher ceiling.

PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2023 9:56 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Good well thought-out points but the bills aren't very good right now and the chiefs are more dangerous. Homefield playoffs are our best chance for Superbowl and that's the ultimate goal

PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2023 10:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

4/5 wrote:
It’s no disrespect to the Chiefs, they should probably be favored in any AFC playoff game, but they aren’t as scary as in past years (right now at least) and I think the Bills have a higher ceiling.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2023 11:05 pm 

Oh the Dolphins need home field more than anybody else. It’s our only hope. They have a legit chance, hopefully they can get it. They’ll probably need some help from the Ravens and Chiefs, and hey if this is one of those losses for the Chiefs, that’s fine.

PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2023 11:09 pm 

epilogue wrote:
4/5 wrote:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Lol, yeah yeah laugh it up.

I’ll clarify slightly: both teams can win the Super Bowl, so in that sense the ceiling is the same. In a given game though, I think the Bills are MUCH more likely to hang forty on somebody and win a blowout playoff game.

The Bills have a better point differential than the Chiefs. My take isn’t as nutso as the records indicate. The Bills can absolutely win out and nobody will want to play them.

I can see Buffalo running Miami off the field, they’ve already done it. I can’t see KC doing that at this point.

PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2023 2:39 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

You can't see KC beating Miami (which already happened)?

PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2023 4:14 am 

I didn’t say that.

PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2023 9:25 pm 

I stand by all my Billls/Chiefs thoughts but it’s hard to imagine the Bills not making the playoffs the way the last two weeks have gone for everybody ahead of them, so I wouldn’t be mad if this game helps Miami inch closer to the 1 seed.

PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2023 10:02 pm 
Major Dude

Said as the Bills are currently pounding the Chiefs.

PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2023 10:06 pm 

Posted 37 mins before your timely reply but sure.

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 1:10 am 
Rank This Poster

The chiefs have beaten the dolphins but have looked horrid since

I think in Miami it's a different story

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 1:49 pm 

It really feels like the AFC is wide open just begging the Dolphins to take it this year.

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 6:18 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

If KC can't make it, the Dolphins are the team I'd most like to see represent the AFC.

I'd actually love a Dolphins/Lions Super Bowl.

But the NFC feels like it'll come down to Philly or San Fran.

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 6:29 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

As long as Dallas and Baltimore don't make it.

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 6:42 pm 

Dolphins/9ers Superbowl.

unless...the bills get hot.

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 6:45 pm 
 WWW  Profile

dad wrote:
Dolphins/9ers Superbowl.

unless...the bills get hot.

i would love this. cool story line with mcdaniel coming from shanahan and that whole tree_.. pupil has become the master!

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 7:09 pm 

I'll obviously take Dolphins vs. anybody. But I'm still focused on them winning the division. I'm super excited about this team, love them to death and think there's definitely a path. But I'm still terrified of that ending stretch and think the Bills still have a good shot to win the division. I wish KC had won yesterday, but alas.

PostPosted: Mon December 11, 2023 8:53 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

4/5 wrote:
I'll obviously take Dolphins vs. anybody. But I'm still focused on them winning the division. I'm super excited about this team, love them to death and think there's definitely a path. But I'm still terrified of that ending stretch and think the Bills still have a good shot to win the division. I wish KC had won yesterday, but alas.

I like y'alls chances.

Sorry KC didn't deliver for you, but I still think the division is yours. It's not a cakewalk but it feels pretty sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 112  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports