The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 620, 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 7:54 pm 
Gone

Warriors are going to drop this game just to piss me off and so little brittle wuss Steve Curry can heal.

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 8:10 pm 
The Master

GS on pace for 88 turnovers.

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 8:15 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Odd play call at the end.

Yeah, it was. Would have gone with Tatum or Brown.

Same. Maybe he was going for the element of surprise. Or those guys just didn't spring open like they were supposed to so the inbounder went to plan B or C. Without watching it again it's tough to be too critical of it.

I think that was the shot Brad wanted. They would have had the game in hand if Brown had pulled back and milked clock instead of going for that layup. The strip and 3 was a killer. Hard to be too mad they were only in it cause of him.

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 8:19 pm 
Bux in six

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 9:03 pm 
Gone

bada wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:

Same. Maybe he was going for the element of surprise. Or those guys just didn't spring open like they were supposed to so the inbounder went to plan B or C. Without watching it again it's tough to be too critical of it.

I think that was the shot Brad wanted. They would have had the game in hand if Brown had pulled back and milked clock instead of going for that layup. The strip and 3 was a killer. Hard to be too mad they were only in it cause of him.

How come Celtics fans say 'Brad' and 'Danny' but then go with 'Brown' and 'Tatum'? Seems racist.

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 9:25 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 ICQ  Profile

When they "turn the shot clock off" near the end of each period...Does someone actually flip a switch or hit a button? Like, is there an actual action that takes place when they "turn the shot clock off?"

Quote:
Interested in cultivating a relationship with me in my secret lair? Just ask!

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 9:34 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

Also, why does the NBA play music during actual gameplay? How is that legal?

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 9:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Balki wrote:
When they "turn the shot clock off" near the end of each period...Does someone actually flip a switch or hit a button? Like, is there an actual action that takes place when they "turn the shot clock off?"

This is the best post you've ever made.

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 9:58 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

washing machine wrote:
Balki wrote:

This is the best post you've ever made.

You're kind, but I really actually want to know if there's an action involved. It seems like wasted movement if so...Like, why not just stop showing it in the bottom right corner of the TV screen.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 9:59 pm 
 ICQ  Profile

And, I answered my own question...I guess they have to actually do something because it would continue to run above the GOAL so players may get confused.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 10:06 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
bada wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:

How come Celtics fans say 'Brad' and 'Danny' but then go with 'Brown' and 'Tatum'? Seems racist.

Its not till year 3 you get to go by first names. Rules.

PostPosted: Sun April 22, 2018 11:12 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Hey bada, what would you give up for Kawhi?

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 1:01 am 
Gone

Anybody else see the Onion article where Kwahi was Skyping in to today's game? I'm not sure I'd trade someone good for him since he's probably just another Push Off P that wants to play in LA no matter what.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 1:21 am 

4/5 wrote:

I wouldn't go after Kawhi. I have no idea what his deal is right now its very weird. Will he ever be healthy? Now if the Brow was available I'd jump but after this playoff run he isn't going anywhere. If the Spurs wanted to do Kawhi for Hayward and picks I'd do it but I don't see Brad trading his guy or the Spurs being all that interested. The salaries don't match anyways. They should probably stand pat and battle it out with Philly for the next decade.

To answer your question and Danny wanted Kawhi (he's healthy and wants to come) if I had to trade either Tatum or Brown I'd move Tatum. I think Brown has a higher ceiling. So Tatum/Smart/MorrisTwin/Latefirst for Kawhi. If the Spurs wanted Rozier instead of Smart and the Lakers/Kings pick I'd probably buckle.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 1:57 am 
Gone

The untouchable Terry thing is surely just troll bait, right?

You really think Boston can battle it out with Philly? Philly has two All NBA level players right now. Boston has zero.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 2:06 am 
The Master

Can they please make it a technical to intentionally foul a player starting a fast break this off-season? It is getting more and more frequent.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 2:10 am 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:
4/5 wrote:

I wouldn't go after Kawhi. I have no idea what his deal is right now its very weird. Will he ever be healthy? Now if the Brow was available I'd jump but after this playoff run he isn't going anywhere. If the Spurs wanted to do Kawhi for Hayward and picks I'd do it but I don't see Brad trading his guy or the Spurs being all that interested. The salaries don't match anyways. They should probably stand pat and battle it out with Philly for the next decade.

To answer your question and Danny wanted Kawhi (he's healthy and wants to come) if I had to trade either Tatum or Brown I'd move Tatum. I think Brown has a higher ceiling. So Tatum/Smart/MorrisTwin/Latefirst for Kawhi. If the Spurs wanted Rozier instead of Smart and the Lakers/Kings pick I'd probably buckle.

ALL FIRST NAME POST:
I don't want to trade either young man, since Kyrie may not hold up for full-seasons these remaining two-years of his deal. Al and Jaylen both have deals expiring that same offseason. Gordon is probably going to be fine moving forward, but there's no guarantee.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 1:17 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
The untouchable Terry thing is surely just troll bait, right?

You really think Boston can battle it out with Philly? Philly has two All NBA level players right now. Boston has zero.

If I was trading assets I'd rather hold on to Rozier than Smart. I love Smart's defense and intangibles but he's also a bonehead and his offense will always be sub par. Rozier could grow to be valuable 6th man but if he's was a holdup in a deal for a superstar of course he would go. I expect Brown/Tatum to continue to improve. The Celtics have the Kings unprotected pick next year. Hayward and Kyrie are coming back. For all the questions one could have about Kyrie's health its times five for Embiid. The Celts having more options if things go bad with injuries. I've never seen a more awkward individual that Fultz. Simmons can't shoot. I'm concerned about them not afraid of them. That doesn't mean that the Sixers won't end up being the dominate team of the next decade I can't see the future but for what its worth I don't see anything close to Golden State East at this point.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 1:45 pm 
The Master

I see a near future with Philly, Boston, and Milwaukee (if they hire a decent coach) at the top of the standings for many years.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 3:15 pm 
Gone

The coach in Milwaukee doesn't matter. About 2/3 of NBA coaches basically just sit around and get high like Kerr.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 620, 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports