The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 78  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
lowlight79 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
We’ll thats worrying.



That's fantastic, this leads me to believe there will be a significant time jump.



I’m not 100% on what an art director does. Is it about props and sets or shots and camera stuff?
Or all of it?
He has a super impressive C.V. and I heard he’s done something like ten episodes of GOT as well as his film work.
It’s an exciting hire though I’m seeing people complaining that he’ll be wasted under JJs direction and choice of cameras.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2018 4:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1590
Location: Heathrow, FL
dimejinky99 wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
We’ll thats worrying.



That's fantastic, this leads me to believe there will be a significant time jump.



I’m not 100% on what an art director does. Is it about props and sets or shots and camera stuff?
Or all of it?
He has a super impressive C.V. and I heard he’s done something like ten episodes of GOT as well as his film work.
It’s an exciting hire though I’m seeing people complaining that he’ll be wasted under JJs direction and choice of cameras.


I've worked on friends film, not this was very low budget, but his art director was responsible for ALOT. Finding locations, setting the mood with the cameras (Angles, etc/), making sure the colors are right, etc.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2018 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
It’s not the title for 9 but who knows



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6565
Location: Oslo, Norway


https://nerdist.com/john-williams-no-more-star-wars-episode-ix/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
That’s sad but also fitting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67476
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Sure would be something special if he had one more piece as brilliant, memorable, and catchy as Binary Sunset little that little wand of his.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
If he does I hope its reys theme worked into something really powerful and emotive.
He’s still very capable of magic.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67476
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I guess. But I can't hum a single thing from the last two movies. I'm not even sure which one is Rey's theme. I know people love it, but I'm not sure I could pick it out, if I had to.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
durdencommatyler wrote:
I guess. But I can't hum a single thing from the last two movies. I'm not even sure which one is Rey's theme. I know people love it, but I'm not sure I could pick it out, if I had to.



SERIously? Reys theme and the Jedi steps are both as good as anything he’s ever done in Star Wars. Weirdly thematically linked / similar musically too


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
*that said TLJ score is basically a greatest hits of all his best from the OT so you have no excuse. Yodas theme, twin suns, leias theme, escape from the ties(the falcon being chased through Crait-exactly note for note as it was in a new hope) etc


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67476
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
*that said TLJ score is basically a greatest hits of all his best from the OT so you have no excuse. Yodas theme, twin suns, leias theme, escape from the ties(the falcon being chased through Crait-exactly note for note as it was in a new hope) etc

Obviously, I know and recognize the stuff pulled from the OT. I'm just talking about new compositions; stuff written for TFA and TLJ. Maybe over time those songs you mentioned (Rey's Theme and Jedi Steps) will stick with me more and I'll find them more meaningful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
*that said TLJ score is basically a greatest hits of all his best from the OT so you have no excuse. Yodas theme, twin suns, leias theme, escape from the ties(the falcon being chased through Crait-exactly note for note as it was in a new hope) etc

Obviously, I know and recognize the stuff pulled from the OT. I'm just talking about new compositions; stuff written for TFA and TLJ. Maybe over time those songs you mentioned (Rey's Theme and Jedi Steps) will stick with me more and I'll find them more meaningful.


I get ye. Have you heard David w Collins new podcast? It’s only one episode once and it’s talks about the themes in films telling you the story. It’s a wonderful listen. Send you a link?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67476
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
*that said TLJ score is basically a greatest hits of all his best from the OT so you have no excuse. Yodas theme, twin suns, leias theme, escape from the ties(the falcon being chased through Crait-exactly note for note as it was in a new hope) etc

Obviously, I know and recognize the stuff pulled from the OT. I'm just talking about new compositions; stuff written for TFA and TLJ. Maybe over time those songs you mentioned (Rey's Theme and Jedi Steps) will stick with me more and I'll find them more meaningful.


I get ye. Have you heard David w Collins new podcast? It’s only one episode once and it’s talks about the themes in films telling you the story. It’s a wonderful listen. Send you a link?

Please and thank you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
*that said TLJ score is basically a greatest hits of all his best from the OT so you have no excuse. Yodas theme, twin suns, leias theme, escape from the ties(the falcon being chased through Crait-exactly note for note as it was in a new hope) etc

Obviously, I know and recognize the stuff pulled from the OT. I'm just talking about new compositions; stuff written for TFA and TLJ. Maybe over time those songs you mentioned (Rey's Theme and Jedi Steps) will stick with me more and I'll find them more meaningful.


I get ye. Have you heard David w Collins new podcast? It’s only one episode once and it’s talks about the themes in films telling you the story. It’s a wonderful listen. Send you a link?

Please and thank you.



Here tis. Have you heard his Star Wars oxygen series? He maps out all the music across the films and repeating themes. There’s a whole other play happening aurally apart from the events onscreen. It’s a fascinating listen. But this is a good step

[Tweet]https://twitter.com/davidwcollins/status/968920161720852480?s=21[/Tweet]


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
JJ said 9 is going to be unexpected..

chewie, the falcon, R2, 3PO are all we have left from the OT

Chewie and the Falcon are gonna get it and die...final scene, or one of the final scenes will see R2 & 3PO alone and wrapping it up..which would be fitting..

calling it now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16044
Location: Mizzou
I want Chewie to get some freakin' love in this movie.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
Seems pretty tight with that porg, Terbus.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16044
Location: Mizzou
dimejinky99 wrote:
Seems pretty tight with that porg, Terbus.


I don't think that works...anatomically.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22681
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Seems pretty tight with that porg, Terbus.


I don't think that works...anatomically.



It’s a big galaxy and it isn’t all about sex. Love is love.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 78  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu December 13, 2018 1:55 am