The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 18845
durdencommatyler wrote:
Bobby Moynihan was on Collider Jedi Council and he told a story about Daisy and Colin Trevorrow at an SNL party. Daisy apparently asked Colin "what happens to me in the next one?" Colin asked if she really wanted to do this now, she said yes. They went into the corner & Colin whispered in her ear. Bobby couldn't hear what was said but he said that Daisy was in tears. She apparently really loved where Colin was taking Rey.



I think it was his inability to rewrite around carries death lost it for him. Not anything he’d written for rey or the story. But daisy can cry on cue too so who knows

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1554
Location: Heathrow, FL
durdencommatyler wrote:
I think a two year gap seems just about perfect. It's enough time for some real shit to have gone down (off screen) but it's not so far away that we lose the consequences and impact of the events of TLJ.


I don't think you can do anything less than 5-10 years as a time jump. At the end of TLJ, everthing is left in pieces with only hope remaining. That spark is gonna take a while.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 30084
5 years feels right

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 12457
How much time goes from TFA to TLJ?? A few weeks?

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45893
VinylGuy wrote:
How much time goes from TFA to TLJ?? A few weeks?

yeah I'm assuming not much time as Finn is still recovering from TFA events in TLJ

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57581
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
VinylGuy wrote:
How much time goes from TFA to TLJ?? A few weeks?

Nope. Way less. Like a day or two MAYBE.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57581
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
stip wrote:
5 years feels right

Keep in mind, the opening crawl lets us know that The First Order has most of the galaxy on lock-down. What we follow in TLJ is really only a tiny fraction of TFO.

A five year gap seems... really long. After the events of TLJ, I've got to think the full might of TFO is going to flex fast and with a ton of anger.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 30084
with one more movie in the story they need time to build the new rebellion, though

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57581
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
stip wrote:
with one more movie in the story they need time to build the new rebellion, though

But things are happening super fast. What does 5 years after offer that 2 does not? Look at how quickly people mobilized in real life after Trump was elected. A whole butt load of stuff can happen in one to two years. I'm actually starting to think even that might be too big of a gap.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 30084
true dat

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3670
Location: Washington State
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:
5 years feels right

Keep in mind, the opening crawl lets us know that The First Order has most of the galaxy on lock-down. What we follow in TLJ is really only a tiny fraction of TFO.

A five year gap seems... really long. After the events of TLJ, I've got to think the full might of TFO is going to flex fast and with a ton of anger.

The whole galaxy? That seems a tall order for a pretty much Aryan-looking/hiring force, unless they brought clones back.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57581
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bune wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:
5 years feels right

Keep in mind, the opening crawl lets us know that The First Order has most of the galaxy on lock-down. What we follow in TLJ is really only a tiny fraction of TFO.

A five year gap seems... really long. After the events of TLJ, I've got to think the full might of TFO is going to flex fast and with a ton of anger.

The whole galaxy? That seems a tall order for a pretty much Aryan-looking/hiring force, unless they brought clones back.

"The FIRST ORDER reigns.

Having decimated the peaceful Republic, Supreme Leader Snoke
now deploys his merciless legions to seize military control
of the galaxy.
"

Gave me the impression that we're seeing one very tiny slice of TFO's massive reach and size. The rest of the crawl talks about how only Leia's team is fighting back. Snoke seems to have shit pretty much on lockdown based on that. Or at least, that's how I took it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 30084
same

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3670
Location: Washington State
durdencommatyler wrote:
bune wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:
5 years feels right

Keep in mind, the opening crawl lets us know that The First Order has most of the galaxy on lock-down. What we follow in TLJ is really only a tiny fraction of TFO.

A five year gap seems... really long. After the events of TLJ, I've got to think the full might of TFO is going to flex fast and with a ton of anger.

The whole galaxy? That seems a tall order for a pretty much Aryan-looking/hiring force, unless they brought clones back.

"The FIRST ORDER reigns.

Having decimated the peaceful Republic, Supreme Leader Snoke
now deploys his merciless legions to seize military control
of the galaxy.
"

Gave me the impression that we're seeing one very tiny slice of TFO's massive reach and size. The rest of the crawl talks about how only Leia's team is fighting back. Snoke seems to have shit pretty much on lockdown based on that. Or at least, that's how I took it.
Huh. I totally forgot there was even a crawl. Thanks!

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 18845
It’s one of the weakest crawls of all of them. Even with the zero time passing it could easily be jazzed up a bit to say the same thing but more exciting.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 12457
Are they going to make a funeral for Han?

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 18845
VinylGuy wrote:
Are they going to make a funeral for Han?



Nah. Might see a funeral for Leia but I doubt it. I think TLJ was farewell to Leia and by extension Carrie. Her passing will be mentioned in the crawl or in passing in the film.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57581
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
It’s one of the weakest crawls of all of them. Even with the zero time passing it could easily be jazzed up a bit to say the same thing but more exciting.

:shock:

Dis. A. Gree.

This is probably my favorite crawl of all.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 18845
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
It’s one of the weakest crawls of all of them. Even with the zero time passing it could easily be jazzed up a bit to say the same thing but more exciting.

:shock:

Dis. A. Gree.

This is probably my favorite crawl of all.



That’s ok. Just wasn’t all that great imo.

I love TLJ but can’t sustain a level of interest or excitement like the run up to 9 for another two years. Or maybe I’m blue cos it’s christmas and I hate Christmas. I dunno.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57581
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
It’s one of the weakest crawls of all of them. Even with the zero time passing it could easily be jazzed up a bit to say the same thing but more exciting.

:shock:

Dis. A. Gree.

This is probably my favorite crawl of all.



That’s ok. Just wasn’t all that great imo.

I love TLJ but can’t sustain a level of interest or excitement like the run up to 9 for another two years. Or maybe I’m blue cos it’s christmas and I hate Christmas. I dunno.

I hear ya, friend. It's a weird time of year for everyone. Pour a pint, put on A New Hope and try not to think about Pablo Hidalgo. Everything will return to the mean. I believe!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue January 23, 2018 5:50 am