28%
Ehhh
35%
I miss the prequels
12%

Total votes : 60

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)

Wed October 11, 2017 9:34 pm

The Hobbit trilogy is so bad. Like significantly worse than the SW prequels.

Wed October 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:The Hobbit trilogy is so bad. Like significantly worse than the SW prequels.

I wouldn't quite go that far

Wed October 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Rangi Guy wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:The Hobbit trilogy is so bad. Like worse than the SW prequels.

I wouldn't quite go that far

Fixed.

Wed October 11, 2017 10:10 pm

They're probably worse in that they're so appalling and disrespectful of their origin and could have so simply and easily been amazing without all the added spurious nonsense added. We knew the story going in and it's spirit. The films had nine of that.

The prequels were George giving us his own vision and one we weren't party to before and he went too far indulging himself with all the effects and bells and whistles and ignoring what could and should have been a simple story of Anakin and his fall to the darkness

Wed October 11, 2017 10:44 pm

the hobbit is competently made and well acted. it is overlong and tonally inconsistent. there is a 4 hour fan cut that focuses on bilbo's story that is quite solid. the prequels are irredemable

Wed October 11, 2017 10:51 pm

stip wrote:the hobbit is competently made and well acted. it is overlong and tonally inconsistent. there is a 4 hour fan cut that focuses on bilbo's story that is quite solid. the prequels are irredemable

Stip gets it!

Wed October 11, 2017 11:04 pm

stip wrote:the hobbit is competently made and well acted. it is overlong and tonally inconsistent. there is a 4 hour fan cut that focuses on bilbo's story that is quite solid. the prequels are irredemable

Is it competently made if it requires a 4 hour edit to make the three movies enjoyable?

Thu October 12, 2017 2:40 am

the component parts, sure. the problem was there were five discrete stories plus padding that didnt mesh together.

Thu October 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Is it competently made if it requires a 4 hour edit to make the three movies enjoyable?

There's a few different "book" edits that are out there.

Thu October 12, 2017 2:04 pm

bune wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

There's a few different "book" edits that are out there.

I really have no desire to see those films again and I absolutely loved the LotR trilogy. Have watched the extended versions several times.

Anywho, I'm too lazy to look, this movie is coming out in Dec 2019 now, right?

Thu October 12, 2017 4:50 pm

cool lets talk about the hobbit *insert dick sucking emoji*

Thu October 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Strat wrote:cool lets talk about the hobbit *insert dick sucking emoji*

Is that Chud's batsignal?

Thu October 12, 2017 8:54 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:

AL

Thu October 12, 2017 10:00 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

AL

:haha:

Thu October 12, 2017 10:27 pm

That was funny :)

I wanna see that image now

Thu October 12, 2017 11:36 pm

I don't.

Thu October 12, 2017 11:36 pm

Ok, maybe just a little.

Thu October 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Really really exciting. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

J. J. Abrams: Episode IX Will "Go Elsewhere" With Franchise; Prequels Will Be Referenced - http://bit.ly/2zALyW7 - #EpisodeIX, #StarWars

Thu October 19, 2017 8:26 pm

I love the bit about Ep 9 wrapping everything up and folding the OT and PT into the NT as well. Really promising things coming from camp Abrams on this. SUPER excited.

Thu October 19, 2017 10:00 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:I love the bit about Ep 9 wrapping everything up and folding the OT and PT into the NT as well. Really promising things coming from camp Abrams on this. SUPER excited.

AHSOKA
Post a reply