The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 555  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movies 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
Ehhh 35%  35%  [ 21 ]
I miss the prequels 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 60
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 12:10 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Oh wow

I just heard Breznican in an interview he raised something awesome

What does Rey see when she looks in the mirror?
Thousands of herself

Clones

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 12:14 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

That is an interesting thought.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 12:32 pm 

It would also bring in that EU aspect as well as tying the prequels in

I kinda hate it but it is intriguing

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 1:08 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Early "BOLD PREDICTION": Just as Sidious "created" Anakin with the midichlorians and the Force... we will find out that Rey was also created via the midichlorians and the Force. Her parents did abandon her but only because they were terrified by and couldn't understand how the mother was pregnant. So Rey's parents are junk traders and alcoholics and they did give Rey away because they didn't understand the miraculous birth and they did die in a pauper's grave but only because they were afraid of the mysterious "miracle birth."

What we'll find out about Rey's parents is exactly this. That they were scared.

What I would LIKE is if a Force user (my ideal would be Ashoka but I don't think there's any way that really happens as much as I want it) left Rey in a place where she had the best chance to succeed and fulfill her destiny. But her parents really are no one. However, the force that created her and brought her into being is not no one.

That's my early BOLD THEORY.

Joey. I like this. A lot.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 1:53 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
Oh wow

Thousands of herself

Clones

Maybe they can do a proper clone wars :)

(I'm not a fan of how the "Clone Wars" that Obi-Wan talks about in ANH came to pass.)

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 1:56 pm 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Early "BOLD PREDICTION": Just as Sidious "created" Anakin with the midichlorians and the Force... we will find out that Rey was also created via the midichlorians and the Force. Her parents did abandon her but only because they were terrified by and couldn't understand how the mother was pregnant. So Rey's parents are junk traders and alcoholics and they did give Rey away because they didn't understand the miraculous birth and they did die in a pauper's grave but only because they were afraid of the mysterious "miracle birth."

What we'll find out about Rey's parents is exactly this. That they were scared.

What I would LIKE is if a Force user (my ideal would be Ashoka but I don't think there's any way that really happens as much as I want it) left Rey in a place where she had the best chance to succeed and fulfill her destiny. But her parents really are no one. However, the force that created her and brought her into being is not no one.

That's my early BOLD THEORY.

Joey. I like this. A lot.

It makes sense in this SW universe where midichlorians were introduced and virgin birth in the PT. I think overall virgin birth and midichlorians and Palpatine behind the birth of Anakin are weak ideas to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 2:19 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

JJ said there is going to be more backstory to Rey in the new movie, so im fucking stocked.

Im in for whatever story he brings to the table. Its going to be way better than ¨ your parents were nobody so lets not talk about this¨

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 2:22 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
JJ said there is going to be more backstory to Rey in the new movie, so im fucking stocked.

Im in for whatever story he brings to the table. Its going to be way better than ¨ your parents were nobody so lets not talk about this¨

100% agree.

If this film was madexand didnt address that it would be the biggest gaping flaw in all cinema history

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 2:25 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

As much as i like TLJ with all the flaws i saw in this movie, im exited JJ is bringing back his narrative from TFA.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 2:32 pm 

So say we all.

Except LV.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 3:04 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm happy to learn more but nothing more is needed. If we left it where it is I'd be 100% fine with it. This part of the story feels complete to me narratively and thematically.

But that doesn't mean I won't like whatever they come up with for Rey in 9. I'm excited to see what happens. Hopefully it doesn't ruin a good thing. I trust JJ.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 3:19 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

100% agree.

If this film was madexand didnt address that it would be the biggest gaping flaw in all cinema history

Are you tooling with us, sir?

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 3:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anything would be better than where they left it in TLJ.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 3:56 pm 
The worst

I hate force babies so much. Way more than I hate midicholirans. Joey's idea is an interesting way to go IF you have to go in that direction, but I'd honestly rather her just be a clone.

Or no one, which was the most thematically powerful answer to begin with

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 4:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Oh wow

Thousands of herself

Clones

(I'm not a fan of how the "Clone Wars" that Obi-Wan talks about in ANH came to pass.)

I like to think that what I thought the Clone Wars was back in the 80s when I watched it for the first time is the same as what Brian Michael Bendis saw and inspired his Secret Invasion series.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 4:15 pm 
Rank This Poster

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm happy to learn more but nothing more is needed. If we left it where it is I'd be 100% fine with it. This part of the story feels complete to me narratively and thematically.

But that doesn't mean I won't like whatever they come up with for Rey in 9. I'm excited to see what happens. Hopefully it doesn't ruin a good thing. I trust JJ.

I get the impression this has been talked over ad nauseam, but walking back the reveal of The Last Jedi seems like a very bad move, and would serve to muddy one of the most compelling parts of Rey's story. Obviously, I could be proven wrong with the new movie, but walking back that move would just feel like they're gun shy.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 4:19 pm 
Future Drummer

bune wrote:
blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Oh wow

Thousands of herself

Clones

I like to think that what I thought the Clone Wars was back in the 80s when I watched it for the first time is the same as what Brian Michael Bendis saw and inspired his Secret Invasion series.

Just a quick read of that wikipedia post and my thoughts from the 80s is similar to yours.

I thought the Clone Wars were wars ignited by the misuse of Clones during the Republic. Clones being used to commit crimes as another person, and the real person is framed and sent to prison or whatever. Clones being used to infiltrate local governments to influence voting, or even on a galactic scale. Clones being used as slaves. That kind of thing. Eventually it comes to a head and there are several factions and the Republic needs to intervene somehow.

So maybe one faction then uses cloning to build up an army. Another faction just uses their regular army. The republic uses their army and enslists the help of the Jedi Knights. Wars happened, tons of losses, don't know exactly who the winners or losers are.

This is just a broad view of what I thought it could be like. I wouldn't need every detail to be in movie form (less is more) but it kinda shows that while clones probably started off as a benefit, it soon got out of hand and abused, and the Republic needed to put a stop to it.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 4:21 pm 
Future Drummer

If this Rey backstory expansion doesn't contradict TLJ but "expands" on it, then hopefully they can do it without making this one disjointed trilogy.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 4:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

blueviper wrote:
bune wrote:
blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Oh wow

Thousands of herself

Clones

Just a quick read of that wikipedia post and my thoughts from the 80s is similar to yours.

I thought the Clone Wars were wars ignited by the misuse of Clones during the Republic. Clones being used to commit crimes as another person, and the real person is framed and sent to prison or whatever. Clones being used to infiltrate local governments to influence voting, or even on a galactic scale. Clones being used as slaves. That kind of thing. Eventually it comes to a head and there are several factions and the Republic needs to intervene somehow.

So maybe one faction then uses cloning to build up an army. Another faction just uses their regular army. The republic uses their army and enslists the help of the Jedi Knights. Wars happened, tons of losses, don't know exactly who the winners or losers are.

This is just a broad view of what I thought it could be like. I wouldn't need every detail to be in movie form (less is more) but it kinda shows that while clones probably started off as a benefit, it soon got out of hand and abused, and the Republic needed to put a stop to it.

Exactly that yes. More actual intrigue, less political intrigue.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2019 5:32 pm 

So Rey Kenobodi

I’ll see myself out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars