The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 555  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movies 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
Ehhh 35%  35%  [ 21 ]
I miss the prequels 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 60
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 12:42 am 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
Nobody? Wow

I mean there just isn't really anything to talk about there?

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 2:56 am 
Rank This Poster

I fuckin' love Star Wars, all of it.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 4:14 am 
The Master

I never thought they were just making things up as they went.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 1:09 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Nobody? Wow

I mean there just isn't really anything to talk about there?

Well there is. He’s always known where kylo would end up. He’s easily the best actor giving the best performance in the two films we have so far.

So is it redemption through self sacrifice? Or a gruesome end at the hands of Rey or Snokes other apprentice? Or a military coup led by Hux or Kerri Russell’s character?

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 3:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

johnboyega
Great working day on set!! The whole team pushed themselves today to achieve something visually crazy! I’ve had many moments of shock on set but not like today and I can’t wait until you know why
#FN2187

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 4:05 pm 
The Master

ugh its so far away!!

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 4:07 pm 

Token black guy bites it?

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 5:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Doesn’t sound like that is what he is referring to.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 5:09 pm 
The Master

Maybe this one won't have CGI.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 6:21 pm 
Future Drummer

After years of hearing actor's laud about their co-stars, director, story, plot, etc. I've learned to not take any of it at face value. I get it, they are on SW sets and getting hyped up, and the scenes seem to be fun to act out, and everyone's having a good time, but to me they blow stuff out of proportion.

We'll see in 11 months if this "visually crazy" scene is all that it's cracked up to be.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 8:31 pm 

Yeah I’d agree. I ignore that stuff.

What I am taking away from both his Instagram post, and Drivers interview, and carries brothers remarks, and Kevin smiths remarks about his set visit, these are the first pebbles that always kick off the marketing avalanche. And they’re tasty. Drivers in particular.
He normally doesn’t even talk about Star Wars or his role. So to get that, frankly massive, peak into Kylo, from him, is wonderful.

*i admit the tiniest morsel can be a feast in a 2 year long fast, but this is all very managed and tailored for best results in terms of good PR and raising public interest. So I’m in

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 8:48 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:

What I am taking away from both his Instagram post, and Drivers interview, and carries brothers remarks, and Kevin smiths remarks about his set visit, these are the first pebbles that always kick off the marketing avalanche. And they’re tasty. Drivers in particular.
He normally doesn’t even talk about Star Wars or his role. So to get that, frankly massive, peak into Kylo, from him, is wonderful.

*i admit the tiniest morsel can be a feast in a 2 year long fast, but this is all very managed and tailored for best results in terms of good PR and raising public interest. So I’m in

You would be in regardless though, right?

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 9:07 pm 
Rank This Poster

Why does the trilogy have to end up at a certain point, but how they get there is quite flexible? Do they already have ideas and plans about what comes next?

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 9:20 pm 

Leatherhead wrote:
Why does the trilogy have to end up at a certain point, but how they get there is quite flexible? Do they already have ideas and plans about what comes next?

I’d bet my life there’s no ‘next’ in terms of plans for a follow up Skywalker saga trilogy as we understand it.
I do think they’ve got something in the story currently being filmed to tie in and that leaves a door open for more films in the saga of Skywalker. Not standalones.

But it could open the door fully for standalones either backwards or forwards in time.

Obi wan in the past/ Reys academy or students in the future.

Anyone’s guess

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 9:20 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Yeah but I’m just saying. It’s exciting.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 9:38 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Yeah but I’m just saying. It’s exciting.

I'm happy you're excited. I remain skeptical until I see the trailer.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 9:45 pm 

Thanks :) he could well drop the ball and make a disaster out of it. Meaning JJ.
But he won’t. I just want the end of the story. And hopefully we get to move on to new stories and new eras. It’s an entire galaxy. Let’s go out there at any point in time.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 9:57 pm 
Future Drummer

dimejinky99 wrote:

Gotcha. So seeing more of this stuff usually means we'll be getting closer to a title, teaser, etc.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 10:01 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
Thanks :) he could well drop the ball and make a disaster out of it. Meaning JJ.
But he won’t. I just want the end of the story. And hopefully we get to move on to new stories and new eras. It’s an entire galaxy. Let’s go out there at any point in time.

My biggest fear is they overreact to the backlash against the Last Jedi and make a safe, predictable conclusion to the trilogy.

PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 10:02 pm 

blueviper wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Gotcha. So seeing more of this stuff usually means we'll be getting closer to a title, teaser, etc.

I’d like to say it can’t be far away but I get blamed on making predictions if I do. So no.

*episode vii title was revealed the day filming ended. And it’s jj again. Let’s see. They’re on skeleton crew filming according to certain outlets. I’m gonna say end of January / early February for a title and possibly teaser

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars