The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17583
Lucasfilm Employee: "Lord Abrams, this is an unexpected pleasure. We're honored by your presence."

JJ Abrams: "You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I'm here to put you back on schedule."

Lucasfilm: "I assure you, Lord Abrams, my men are working as fast as they can."

JJ: "Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."

Lucasfilm: "I tell you, this movie will be operational as planned."

JJ: "The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation."

Lucasfilm: "But she asks the impossible. I need more men."

JJ: "Then perhaps you can tell her when she arrives."

Lucasfilm: "Kathleen Kennedy's coming here?"

JJ: "That is correct, Commander. And she is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."

Lucasfilm: "We shall double our efforts."

JJ: "I hope so, Commander, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."


Image

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30830
Location: Mountains
dimejinky99 wrote:
Strat wrote:
lol dime



What

it was posted quite a few minutes before you posted it. A few posts up. A classic B.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17583
I've thought about it.
The guy who relaunched star wars successfully being brought in to safely land it after production woes on all the films apart from TLJ makes perfect sense. Also doesn't necessarily mean he'll play it safe on screen or in the script.

In fact I'd say JJ is the perfect guy to leave it with a door open ending for a follow up trilogy.

But with any luck it won't be a mad cliff hanger/ambiguous ending.

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 5:23 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 699
Location: Portland, OR
Thought they would go with Johnson, but this seems like the most logical second choice. Hopefully Johnson still collaborates on the story/script.

_________________
Let's say knowledge is a tree


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17583
Rian writing and JJ directing would be awesome. Won't happen tho they will have to collaborate to some degree.

_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 7:15 pm 
Online
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11961
Dime relax your head...there is another EP coming this year. Dont waste your energy with this thing. Knowing Disney they could replace abrams soon.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17583
Just announced episode 9 is being pushed back to Christmas 2019. No surprises there.


_________________
"durdencommatyler-dimejinky: the Han Solo of RM."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 7847
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
dimejinky99 wrote:
Just announced episode 9 is being pushed back to Christmas 2019. No surprises there.


It takes time to rehash things that have been done before....

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30830
Location: Mountains
is joey ever going to comment on this news story :( ?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I totally called this back during TFA. I don't remember whether or not I posted about it. But I had many conversations with people about how I fully expected JJ to wrap this up. And here we are.

I think it's a great move. I'm all for it. I'm 100% on board.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Really my ONLY worry with JJ is that he gets too reactionary. He listens to fans. He's heard the criticisms about how TFA was just a reboot/remake of ANH. I don't want him to run too screaming from his strengths and make a gonzo movie that's gonzo for gonzo's sake. Especially since gonzo isn't really in his wheelhouse.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 7847
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
durdencommatyler wrote:
Really my ONLY worry with JJ is that he gets too reactionary. He listens to fans. He's heard the criticisms about how TFA was just a reboot/remake of ANH. I don't want him to run too screaming from his strengths and make a gonzo movie that's gonzo for gonzo's sake. Especially since gonzo isn't really in his wheelhouse.

This is possibly the best case scenario we can hope for - otherwise this could turn out to be the most predictable boring close to this trilogy

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Far more interesting to me is the hiring of Chris Terrio. That's really interesting. So, what happened to Jack Thorne? Seems odd to hire a guy on August 1st and fire him on September 12th. I know JJ said, after reading Rian's script for TLJ, that he wished he had signed on to direct it. I think JJ is going to expand and develop what Rian set up far more than he's going to "reboot" Return of the Jedi. I'm sure part of his deal to direct was to write as well. So Thorne is out and Terrio is in. And Terrio is probably going to be doing the heavy lifting on the script.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30830
Location: Mountains
durdencommatyler wrote:
Far more interesting to me is the hiring of Chris Terrio. That's really interesting. So, what happened to Jack Thorne? Seems odd to hire a guy on August 1st and fire him on September 12th. I know JJ said, after reading Rian's script for TLJ, that he wished he had signed on to direct it. I think JJ is going to expand and develop what Rian set up far more than he's going to "reboot" Return of the Jedi. I'm sure part of his deal to direct was to write as well. So Thorne is out and Terrio is in. And Terrio is probably going to be doing the heavy lifting on the script.

I dont like Terrio because Batman V Superman was awful. But i think you are absolutely right about JJ continuing the story that Rian has created. I think JJ is more than capable of delivering another great movie and witht he backbone of the previous 2, could be something great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Far more interesting to me is the hiring of Chris Terrio. That's really interesting. So, what happened to Jack Thorne? Seems odd to hire a guy on August 1st and fire him on September 12th. I know JJ said, after reading Rian's script for TLJ, that he wished he had signed on to direct it. I think JJ is going to expand and develop what Rian set up far more than he's going to "reboot" Return of the Jedi. I'm sure part of his deal to direct was to write as well. So Thorne is out and Terrio is in. And Terrio is probably going to be doing the heavy lifting on the script.

I dont like Terrio because Batman V Superman was awful. But i think you are absolutely right about JJ continuing the story that Rian has created. I think JJ is more than capable of delivering another great movie and witht he backbone of the previous 2, could be something great.

Yeah, but Terrio also wrote Argo. The guy's not a complete hack. And it seems to me that BvS, for those that didn't like it, came down to editing and Snyder's sensibilities.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31283
Location: this field intentionally left blank
I feel like I'm in bizarro world.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Let it all out, friend. This is a safe space.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30830
Location: Mountains
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Far more interesting to me is the hiring of Chris Terrio. That's really interesting. So, what happened to Jack Thorne? Seems odd to hire a guy on August 1st and fire him on September 12th. I know JJ said, after reading Rian's script for TLJ, that he wished he had signed on to direct it. I think JJ is going to expand and develop what Rian set up far more than he's going to "reboot" Return of the Jedi. I'm sure part of his deal to direct was to write as well. So Thorne is out and Terrio is in. And Terrio is probably going to be doing the heavy lifting on the script.

I dont like Terrio because Batman V Superman was awful. But i think you are absolutely right about JJ continuing the story that Rian has created. I think JJ is more than capable of delivering another great movie and witht he backbone of the previous 2, could be something great.

Yeah, but Terrio also wrote Argo. The guy's not a complete hack. And it seems to me that BvS, for those that didn't like it, came down to editing and Snyder's sensibilities.

Argo Fuckyourself is a great movie.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31283
Location: this field intentionally left blank
durdencommatyler wrote:
Let it all out, friend. This is a safe space.

ARGO IS A GREAT MOVIE AND BVS SUCKS AND TERRIO IS THE CONCERN WHILE JJ IS A GOOD CHOICE?! YOURE ALL FUCKING IMBECILES AND ART IS DEAD

Okay I feel better now.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
See. It helps to let it out sometimes.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Simple Torture and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue November 21, 2017 3:47 pm