The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 555  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movies 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
Ehhh 35%  35%  [ 21 ]
I miss the prequels 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 60
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Sat February 16, 2019 12:31 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

bune wrote:
blueviper wrote:
Strat wrote:
You know what fascinates me about movie making?

Filming movies in a non linear fashion. Blows my mind.

Yeah, the people in charge of continuity must have nightmares.

Seriously. I'm always watching how people hold themselves in frame and then when there's an edit the arm moved or the sandwich disappeared or whatever. First time I saw this, my dad pointed it out to me. We were watching a movie and this guy is driving and is in a car crash. My dad said, "look, the car is going to be perfect condition," and the car drove away and yup, perfect condition. I think it was an Arnold movie, considering it was mid-80s. Anyway. Hell, when I was little I thought movies were filmed over years because obviously they have to wait for the kid to grow up to finish it!

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 6:51 pm 
Future Drummer

some new rumors:

from starwarsnewsnet.com
Spoiler: show
Luke and Leia appear in multiple flashbacks, including at least one scene where Leia is being trained or is discussing Jedi training with Luke. The outcome of the training is uncertain. It is also unclear if Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill filmed these scenes and will be de-aged, or if they are portrayed by younger actors and CG’d like Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One. My source has heard nothing about about Han appearing in any flashbacks.

Leia’s role as Resistance leader is being said to be of a similar in size to her TFA role, perhaps even smaller, though her flashback scenes make her seem more present in the film. No confirmation on whether Leia lives or dies in the film.

There are solid red First Order Troopers, yet their role is unclear at this point in time.

Nien Nunb appears in an identical costume from the previous films and has a larger role than either TFA or TLJ.

The Knights of Ren do appear and each have a distinct weapon of choice as has been previously seen in TFA and the concept art for that film.[Moderator’s note: We don’t have any confirmation that the any of the Knights previously seen in TFA will or won’t be appearing in IX.]

Keri Russell’s character is a bounty hunter with an allegiance that is unclear to my source. Keri’s character wears a purple (nearly magenta) jumpsuit with bronze/gold accessories, including an elongated helmet. [Moderator’s note: Think about a fancier version of Zam Wesell and my source says that will get you pretty close.]

Naomi Ackie’s character is supposedly Finn’s sister. [Moderator’s note: This point was presented to my source as factual like all the other parts of this post, but I believe it might be wise to take this one with a grain of salt until other sources can corroborate this particular bit of information.]

C-3PO has a scene where he holds military gear. It’s unclear whether he actually fires any weapons though. [Moderator’s note: My source doesn’t recall exact details but 3PO appeared to have a bag or net (not unlike the Ewok trap net) and what he/she believes to be Chewie’s bowcaster.]

bleh

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 6:52 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
bune wrote:
blueviper wrote:
Strat wrote:
You know what fascinates me about movie making?

Filming movies in a non linear fashion. Blows my mind.

Yeah, the people in charge of continuity must have nightmares.

Seriously. I'm always watching how people hold themselves in frame and then when there's an edit the arm moved or the sandwich disappeared or whatever. First time I saw this, my dad pointed it out to me. We were watching a movie and this guy is driving and is in a car crash. My dad said, "look, the car is going to be perfect condition," and the car drove away and yup, perfect condition. I think it was an Arnold movie, considering it was mid-80s. Anyway. Hell, when I was little I thought movies were filmed over years because obviously they have to wait for the kid to grow up to finish it!

Props usually seem to be the easy ones to spot. But I wasn't even thinking of camera angles, and line of sights, etc.

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 8:49 pm 
The Master

blueviper wrote:
some new rumors:

from starwarsnewsnet.com
Luke and Leia appear in multiple flashbacks, including at least one scene where Leia is being trained or is discussing Jedi training with Luke. The outcome of the training is uncertain. It is also unclear if Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill filmed these scenes and will be de-aged, or if they are portrayed by younger actors and CG’d like Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One. My source has heard nothing about about Han appearing in any flashbacks.

Leia’s role as Resistance leader is being said to be of a similar in size to her TFA role, perhaps even smaller, though her flashback scenes make her seem more present in the film. No confirmation on whether Leia lives or dies in the film.

There are solid red First Order Troopers, yet their role is unclear at this point in time.

Nien Nunb appears in an identical costume from the previous films and has a larger role than either TFA or TLJ.

The Knights of Ren do appear and each have a distinct weapon of choice as has been previously seen in TFA and the concept art for that film.[Moderator’s note: We don’t have any confirmation that the any of the Knights previously seen in TFA will or won’t be appearing in IX.]

Keri Russell’s character is a bounty hunter with an allegiance that is unclear to my source. Keri’s character wears a purple (nearly magenta) jumpsuit with bronze/gold accessories, including an elongated helmet. [Moderator’s note: Think about a fancier version of Zam Wesell and my source says that will get you pretty close.]

Naomi Ackie’s character is supposedly Finn’s sister. [Moderator’s note: This point was presented to my source as factual like all the other parts of this post, but I believe it might be wise to take this one with a grain of salt until other sources can corroborate this particular bit of information.]

C-3PO has a scene where he holds military gear. It’s unclear whether he actually fires any weapons though. [Moderator’s note: My source doesn’t recall exact details but 3PO appeared to have a bag or net (not unlike the Ewok trap net) and what he/she believes to be Chewie’s bowcaster.]

bleh

Kind of weird you'd have a reaction like that to such things. It basically says nothing.

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 8:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
blueviper wrote:
some new rumors:

from starwarsnewsnet.com

bleh

Kind of weird you'd have a reaction like that to such things. It basically says nothing.

I agree.

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 9:08 pm 
Future Drummer

Probably just "Bleh" to rumors in general.

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 9:09 pm 
Future Drummer

Even though I like to see the discussions of SW on this board, my interest level for Episode IX is like 7.43%

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 9:10 pm 
The Master

Rumors bore me.

I take that back....

TFA rumors did not bore me but I was just so excited and curious as to what this new adventure would be.

Now im perfectly fine just waiting and letting them take me on said journey.

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 9:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Hopefully we get a title soon.

PostPosted: Wed February 20, 2019 8:33 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
Hopefully we get a title soon.

I think SW Celebration is the most likely time/place for that.

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 12:42 am 
The Master

Honest question...

have we ever actually gotten an official announcement from SW Celebration? All i can remember is that everyone always assumes we will but maybe we never do and its always before or after?

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 12:46 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
Honest question...

have we ever actually gotten an official announcement from SW Celebration? All i can remember is that everyone always assumes we will but maybe we never do and its always before or after?

I'd have to look into it to be sure. But other than the London one, there is usually a ton of content that makes fans happy. I can't recall if there have been official film "announcements" or whatever but there have been trailers.

It's in April. Ep 9 just wrapped filming. We're less than 2 months away. I think it makes sense for them to do kinda what Marvel did with the Endgame trailer and announce the title of the film IN the trailer. Show the footage and reveal the title at the end of the trailer.

PostPosted: Thu February 21, 2019 3:43 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bune wrote:

any minute now...

Looking at this photo again... it occurs to me that not only does Rey have her basic costume from TFA but also the same hair style. Does that mean that what she was filming is a flashback? Or perhaps, is it to match previously shot footage from TFA (meaning, maybe some of the Leia stuff we know will be in the film)?

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 4:24 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Her hair is widely believed to be the same as to blend into Leia footage.
See the leaked pics of her and several characters and new aliens a page or two back?
It’s the same costume roughly but it’s all totally white. Weirdly virginal

and Richard e grants character is in those pics and DAMMIT

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 5:05 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

i want the teaser so badly.

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 5:08 pm 

We’re never getting one VG.
Nor a title.

Maybe a trailer at celebration and the title revealed at the end, as with endgame.

Ps SWNN says the IX trailer is going to be playing in front of Endgame.
Immediately loads of my pals were like ‘I won’t be able to enjoy Endgame if IX trailer in front!’

I get that

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 5:10 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

i just need to wake up and see it. See a little hint of whatever is going to happen.

PostPosted: Sat February 23, 2019 1:02 pm 

300 days...faraway. So close.

PostPosted: Sun February 24, 2019 10:15 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
300 days...faraway. So close.

Is sharing B's twitter posts on SW a conflict of interest?

PostPosted: Mon February 25, 2019 5:07 pm 

How is it Bs tweet?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars