The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 555  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movies 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
Ehhh 35%  35%  [ 21 ]
I miss the prequels 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 60
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 2:29 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Rangi Guy wrote:
I want the final scene to be a pan out, as the characters start to look less and less real and we see that this whole saga has been in the minds of a group of friends playing with their Star Wars toys and pretty much all that has happened means nothing...
(I know the toys came after the movie, but this would be my ideal)

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 8:29 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Ledbetterdays wrote:
So it seems like everyone in this thread is some version of a Star Wars fan at some point or of some film. I am curious to get your takes on what you would like to see happen in IX. I guess mainly focusing on: Rey, Leia, Lando, Poe, Kylo, Hux, Finn. What would be a fitting story because Last Jedi left me not very interested, but I hope to be. How do you want it all to end?

I’ve no idea what it’s gonna do or what will happen.
I would love to see Obi wan appear to Rey but that’s fanboi wishful thinking.
I love that I don’t know what it’s gonna do. I trust JJ to take it home though.

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 12:29 pm 
The worst

i want to see kylo ren redemed by rey and the first order destroyed but not replaced by a new new republic

but i will be happy with any story well told

the one thing I dont want is to see them walk back the bold choices from TLJ

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 12:40 pm 

Which ones? Rey can still be given parents and it’s affects nothing in TLJ.
Luke turning up almost doesn’t make sense to me now but he’ll probably show up anyways

Kylo being redeemed would be a huge walk back imo

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 4:22 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Ledbetterdays wrote:
So it seems like everyone in this thread is some version of a Star Wars fan at some point or of some film. I am curious to get your takes on what you would like to see happen in IX. I guess mainly focusing on: Rey, Leia, Lando, Poe, Kylo, Hux, Finn. What would be a fitting story because Last Jedi left me not very interested, but I hope to be. How do you want it all to end?

I want it to end with the Resistance/Rebellion defeating The First Order.

I want Hux to feel threatened by Kylo Ren and decide to betray the first order by turning double agent and giving the Resistance/Rebellion crucial intelligence.

I want Kylo Ren to be fucking nuts. I want his body/face to be distorted by the Dark Side. I want him to be ferocious and obsessed. I want him to hunt down Rey but also to hunt down Sith knowledge.

I want one of Snoke's other apprentices to show up to challenge Kylo, to hunt him and try to avenge Snoke's death.

I want the Knights of Ren.

I want Rey to start a new order but not the Jedi. I think it could be cheesy, but I also think it could be really awesome if they pull it off, and I want the new order to be called Skywalkers.

I want Anakin. I think it would be cool to see Luke's Force Ghost haunt and try to reason with Kylo and as a last resort Luke convinces Anakin to appear as a Force Ghost in a last ditch effort to save Kylo.

I want Lando to be in it, to help the Resistance/Rebels and play a major role in their victory. I want Poe to live up to his promise.

I'm not sure what I want for Fin. I think seeing him fully embrace his role in the Resistance, become a true hero and fight is about all I need from him.

I want Leia to still be alive (I'm all about recasting her). And I want her to finally see the fruit of all her labor and sacrifice. I want her to see peace in the galaxy.

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 4:29 pm 

Firing on all cylinders there joe:)

Yeah Anakin would be cool.

Let’s never mention the Skywalker s part of your post, ever again though.

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 4:46 pm 
The Master

Joey just hit all of the sweet spots for me. Though im certain that bringing lando in will be the somewhat replacement for the absence of princess leia.

I do want Luke in this. He can still be a very powerful teacher to rey and foe to kylo.

I have no doubt Adam Driver will nail the continuation of Kylo Ren.

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 4:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Firing on all cylinders there joe:)

Yeah Anakin would be cool.

Let’s never mention the Skywalker s part of your post, ever again though.

:lol:

I'd be cool with Rey taking the last name, too. But I think it could be so much cooler (if done properly) to have a new order. One where the members do not have last names, just like Rey now. But they are called Skywalkers. I think that could be so fucking cool.

Just imagine a story decades down the line.... one character meets another mysterious character, similar to Han and Obi Wan in ANH but instead of doubt, the one character looks at the mysterious character in awe and whispers.... "are you really a Skywalker?"

Oh man!

But it could also end up being way too hokey and stupid. I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen. But it would be a great way to cement and further the concept of "The Skywalker Saga."

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 5:03 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
Joey just hit all of the sweet spots for me. Though im certain that bringing lando in will be the somewhat replacement for the absence of princess leia.

I do want Luke in this. He can still be a very powerful teacher to rey and foe to kylo.

I have no doubt Adam Driver will nail the continuation of Kylo Ren.

Agree with all points.

We've seen how powerful Yoda has become as a Force Ghost. And we heard Obi-Wan tell Vader that striking him down would only make him more powerful than you could possibly imagine. I don't know that we've yet seen the full potential payoff for that. And since Luke might be stronger in the Force than either of them, it would be awesome to see Luke fulfill that line. He has to be in it. And I think he'll play a larger role than Yoda did in TLJ.

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 8:11 pm 
The worst

dimejinky99 wrote:
Which ones? Rey can still be given parents and it’s affects nothing in TLJ.
Luke turning up almost doesn’t make sense to me now but he’ll probably show up anyways

Kylo being redeemed would be a huge walk back imo

Rey's parents should not be anyone important

Luke showing up as a force ghost makes total sense to me, and is both consistent with his arc and is expected. I'd be a bit disappointed if he doesn't interact with Rey, actually (the Luke we all wanted in life that we got in death)

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 8:12 pm 
The worst

I like Joey's points. Maybe not Hux defecting, but otherwise I'm in. I kinda dig the skywalker as new jedi idea

Running TSIS Review

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 8:18 pm 

Meant to say that. She can absolutely be given parents and they be just nobody. Think we’re foolish if we don’t think JJ isn’t gonna do that.

As to skywalkers, well the little kids did know his name. I can’t see it happening though.

But she will be teaching from the books.

The TLJ comic adaptation has her sitting with 3PO and he’s translating the books for her.
The final panel has him reading something like ‘the Jedi choose the light’ and she says ‘that sounds like a good place to start’.

So, loaded comment ahoy. But she will be going back to absolute basics. It’s all she has to work with as far as we know.

It’s implied she’s learned loads of kylos skills from their mind bridge thing too tho.

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 8:50 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I want Luke to project himself like in the end of TLJ even if its a ghost jedi.

I guess Kylo will redeem himself at the end, its kinda obvious..but it could be cool to see him transform into a monster by the sith, kinda like Snoke.

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 9:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
As to skywalkers, well the little kids did know his name.

I think you're missing what I'm saying. But, it's irrelevant because I don't expect them to do what I'm imagining.

Last edited by epilogue on Wed July 11, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 9:29 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I think you're missing my what I'm saying. But, it's irrelevant because I don't expect them to do what I'm imagining.

You are imagining that the name Skywalker becomes more of a term for the new generation of jedi?

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 9:32 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I think you're missing my what I'm saying. But, it's irrelevant because I don't expect them to do what I'm imagining.

You are imagining that the name Skywalker becomes more of a term for the new generation of jedi?

Yes. It has nothing to do with what anyone's actual last name is. Basically, instead of Jedi, the new order of Light Side Force users are called Skywalkers.

Again, it's not gonna happen. It's just something I'd like to see and something I would probably do if I were the one writing the story.

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 9:33 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Yes. It has nothing to do with what anyone's actual last name is. Basically, instead of Jedi, the new order of Light Side Force users are called Skywalkers.

Again, it's not gonna happen. It's just something I'd like to see and something I would probably do if I were the one writing the story.

Im creating a petition for this to happen.

I am skywalker

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 9:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Im creating a petition for this to happen.

I am skywalker

:heartbeat:

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 9:54 pm 
A Return To Form

I like seeing all of the speculation. I will be honest that I am in the camp that did not like Last Jedi. As a long time fan it felt like a big middle finger, but it is what it is. I did not care for the slapstick nature and lack of focus it caused in some really tense situations. One interesting thing is the theory that Luke's lightsaber told stories in the flashback that it was connected to, so Rey seeing someone drop her off does not fit that narrative yet but I think it will. Anyway, I think I am most hopeful for:

-Knights of Ren joining Kylo to takeover First Order--new vision (no death stars, planet killers, etc.)
-Hux joining up with an unknown Snoke apprentice to take them on
-Rey hunted by Kylo when he is intercepted by this old Snoke apprentice and Kylo is beaten down
-Rey conflicted about what to do saves Kylo, but flees
-Luke force ghost at an Empire Yoda level realizes he was wrong about some things talks with Rey
-Kylo reaches out with the force as he faces multiple enemies now finds Anakin--resists his views
-Hux and Snoke apprentice takeover while Kylo is wounded--HUx eventually killed by Snoke apprentice
-First Order calls action to hunt down all remaining resistance members
-Lando
-Kylo wants to personally take him out--Rey feels this
-She goes to warn him
-Kylo steals the Falcon and Rey and he kills Lando
-Goes full sith

I will stop there

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 10:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I like the idea of Rey wanting or needing to save Kylo from another Force user. That's dope.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars