The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 555  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movies 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
Ehhh 35%  35%  [ 21 ]
I miss the prequels 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 60
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 2:09 am 
The worst

I'd love to see him do a stand alone, but I want to see someone more character driven, and comfortable working within an ongoing narrative. Let luc besson make a movie about the hutts

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 2:11 am 
The worst

IF infinity war has a greater sense of scope I would enjoy the Russo brothers (with their writing team) finishing out the trilogy

But if LJ is great I'd want Rian johnson

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 2:16 am 
Mind Your Tanners

wow, what a mismanaged shit show these reboots have become.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 2:19 am 
The Master

lol the Russo brothers omg you guys are hopeless

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 2:44 am 
Major Dude

The Coen brothers

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 11:58 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

A Coen Star War would be fantastic. Another to add to the dream "it'll never happen list."

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 12:40 pm 
AnalLog

This whole reboot is a cluster fuck so this action is pretty standard. It will be Rian Johnson. Disney is too conservative and stupid to do anything imaginative.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 2:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Firing Colin certainly wasn't stupid.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 2:17 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:
Firing Colin certainly wasn't stupid.

Don't disagree with that at all just the big picture of everything and how it all has been handled. On the micro I think it's an excellent move.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 3:18 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Guys. Guys. I'm in negotiations to direct episode 9. Keep it on the quiet. Joey. Strat. I'll make sure you get sweet extras roles.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 3:55 pm 

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 6:57 pm 
Major Dude

Maybe Lynch will finally get to direct the last episode of a Star Wars trilogy.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 7:49 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

jwfocker wrote:
This whole reboot is a cluster fuck so this action is pretty standard. It will be Rian Johnson. Disney is too conservative and stupid to do anything imaginative.

totally agree, Disney is botching this. then again, was it ever wise to to turn three movies from a franchise into six, and then nine, and then 10, and then 11 and so on....not saying I didn't enjoy Rogue or TFA, but both seem like repeats or b-sides to original ones.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 7:58 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Guys. Guys. I'm in negotiations to direct episode 9. Keep it on the quiet. Joey. Strat. I'll make sure you get sweet extras roles.

:luv:

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 7:58 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Coach wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

totally agree, Disney is botching this. then again, was it ever wise to to turn three movies from a franchise into six, and then nine, and then 10, and then 11 and so on....not saying I didn't enjoy Rogue or TFA, but both seem like repeats or b-sides to original ones.

I think you guys are making a bigger deal out of this than needs to be made.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 7:59 pm 

Coach wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

I don't think they're in anything like the crisis that's being written about. Quite the opposite. They know exactly what they want and the directors being chosen aren't bringing it to the level they want. That's all there really is to it i think.

It's like going home with someone for random sex. You get them into bed and you don't like their style so you send them home and don't do it again

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 8:03 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Coach wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

I don't think they're in anything like the crisis that's being written about. Quite the opposite. They know exactly what they want and the directors being chosen aren't bringing it to the level they want. That's all there really is to it i think.

dime gets it.

And I'm not saying that it's necessarily the right way to handle things or the way I'd hoped Lucasfilm would handle things. But I do think that's all there is to this. They have a brand and a canon and a continuity they want to maintain. I'd much rather have them part ways before production has begun than fire the guy 2/3 of the way through filming and then have to bring in Ron Howard to reshoot 70% of the thing.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 8:10 pm 

Remember Edwards had to have help/was replaced whichever, they dont want that happenning again so even without the lord and millar thing theyre just being really careful to sort it before they wade into trouble mid production...

people paniking about reshoots pisses me off..theyre trying to make a film better..thats what theyre for...same with this..they want the best person for the job..if they discover in development that the guy they picked isnt the man for the job, send him home...its for the best for the film..it in no way says theyre 'in crisis' or any of that clickbait headline bullshit

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 8:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Coach wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

dime gets it.

And I'm not saying that it's necessarily the right way to handle things or the way I'd hoped Lucasfilm would handle things. But I do think that's all there is to this. They have a brand and a canon and a continuity they want to maintain. I'd much rather have them part ways before production has begun than fire the guy 2/3 of the way through filming and then have to bring in Ron Howard to reshoot 70% of the thing.

You are making my point...while the re-shoots helped Rogue One, it was fairly obvious that it happened. The amount of starts, stops, fits, pushed backed release dates, etc. in the reboots are not consistent with arguably the world's greatest entertainment brand in Disney.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 8:20 pm 

Coach wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Coach wrote:
jwfocker wrote:

dime gets it.

You are making my point...while the re-shoots helped Rogue One, it was fairly obvious that it happened. The amount of starts, stops, fits, pushed backed release dates, etc. in the reboots are not consistent with arguably the world's greatest entertainment brand in Disney.

there hasnt been ONE pushed back release date outside TFA which JJ asked for simply cos he wanted a christmas release...stop reading the click bait coach

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars