The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Tue July 04, 2017 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17910
Apparently it's gonna go deeper and get into Leia on endor n stuff. They need to handle going that close to the films very carefully. I'm sure they will but it could as easily meet backlash. It already is getting a horrible reaction. Fan boys attacking it cos Star Wars but not aimed or for them. Ugly reaction mostly. Fuck em.


Name any other film that's still keeping and building a new audience 40 years later.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Tue July 04, 2017 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 9012
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
dimejinky99 wrote:
Apparently it's gonna go deeper and get into Leia on endor n stuff. They need to handle going that close to the films very carefully. I'm sure they will but it could as easily meet backlash. It already is getting a horrible reaction. Fan boys attacking it cos Star Wars but not aimed or for them. Ugly reaction mostly. Fuck em.


Name any other film that's still keeping and building a new audience 40 years later.

Planet of the Apes


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Tue July 04, 2017 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17910
Not even close. Batman superman etc are older and don't have anything like the cultural saturation Star Wars does. Especially not in the piss poor reboots they've done.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Wed July 05, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17910
Leia episode


_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Wed July 05, 2017 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 29471
why did ewoks have a human sized dress? Now I hate return of the jedi!

_________________
*Led Zeppelin Mega Tournament: Click here*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 7927
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
stip wrote:
why did ewoks have a human sized dress? Now I hate return of the jedi!


They are world-class seamstresses.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 7927
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
B wrote:
stip wrote:
why did ewoks have a human sized dress? Now I hate return of the jedi!


They are world-class seamstresses.


Either that, or they ate their last princess.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13312
How often are they going to release these? Is this going to be like a daily thing? I could deal with that.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17910
B wrote:
B wrote:
stip wrote:
why did ewoks have a human sized dress? Now I hate return of the jedi!


They are world-class seamstresses.


Either that, or they ate their last princess.



I'd say there's no doubt at all that they ate the previous owner of that dress.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17910
@SkitchP wrote:
How often are they going to release these? Is this going to be like a daily thing? I could deal with that.



Think they're daily yeah. Have been so far.

They're appearing on YouTube first then going on Disney xd in a couple of weeks I hear

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13312
dimejinky99 wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
How often are they going to release these? Is this going to be like a daily thing? I could deal with that.



Think they're daily yeah. Have been so far.

They're appearing on YouTube first then going on Disney xd in a couple of weeks I hear



If they're daily and actually provide significant content, I'm not nearly as disappointed as I was initially

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17910
None of it seems too significant so far. The Ahsoka episode(s) might be though.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45110
I mean, they are just short episodes that are fine for that. Anyone freaking out because they aren't getting any significant story or information from them has got bigger issues. They are nice little things to watch between now and when Rebels returns or Last Jedi opens.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17910
It's amazing the amount of people actually. I'm planing about it.

White Middle Aged single guys mostly.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13312
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I mean, they are just short episodes that are fine for that. Anyone freaking out because they aren't getting any significant story or information from them has got bigger issues. They are nice little things to watch between now and when Rebels returns or Last Jedi opens.



agreed. I dont need significant new canon stories or anything. Just if it was 3 minutes a week or something it would feel just kinda pointless.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56093
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
These have been fun little asides. They aren't profound or anything and that's totally fine. But I fully admit that I feel like I'm treading water with them, waiting for Ahsoka.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17910
Ahsoka

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56093
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
There's my girl!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17910
Made me wanna watch clone wars again.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 7927
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I find those all impressively boring.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Thu December 14, 2017 12:42 am