The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Star Wars vs Star Trek
Star Wars 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
Star Trek 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Die 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Star Wars vs Star Trek
PostPosted: Tue January 19, 2016 9:09 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Vote correctly, or die.

Post subject: Re: Star Wars vs Star Trek
PostPosted: Tue January 19, 2016 2:55 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Where's joey?

PostPosted: Tue January 19, 2016 6:03 pm 
The worst

god i hate star trek so much

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 6:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 6:18 pm 
The Master

I love them both for different reasons, though the new stuff in both franchises mostly sucks...I guess I vote die

PostPosted: Sun January 26, 2020 7:25 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I like them both but I truly love(d) Star Trek. Empire is my second favorite movie of all time and I adore the rest of the original trilogy but after that....the prequels....the sequels...Solo...ok. Really liked Rogue One. Outside of the Tartakovsky Clone Wars the art style keeps me from really embracing the animated stuff. I wish I could get into it. As I kid I was dissatisfied with the Droids and the Ewok cartoons in the 80s. I remember getting to stay up late and watch the Ewok TV movies but all I remember is getting to stay up late. The Mandalorian really connected with me though.

Growing up my experience was it was cool to like Star Wars and you were a geek if you liked Star Trek. None of my friends liked Star Trek even a little. TOS reruns were on almost every day growing up. TAS wasn't on nearly as much as I would have liked but when it was on it was a special treat. TNG was must see viewing every week and when reruns started airing I could pretty much watch it from 5-8pm every night and then again at 11 by channel jumping. Star Trek 2,3,4 & 6 were great. My dad got me the schematics for the space station and the show bible for DS9 before it came out so I was primed for that and it ended up being my favorite Star Trek.

I tried to get my friends into Star Trek...they'd indulge me occasionally but it wasn't for them. I didn't push. I felt a weird pressure when they watched it with me. I could see the iffy acting...questionable special effects...goofy moments with them that I didn't see by myself. So I was better off keeping Star Trek for myself.

The love affair started cooling off with Voyager and the TNG movies. Generations looked great like a real big budget movie for the first time but the story and Kirk's death was unsatisfactory to say the least. First Contact was fun but the rest were just extended episodes. I tired with Enterprise but it just didn't keep my attention. To this day I haven't finished it. The Bad Robot reboot had a great cast and a good starting point for new adventures but it went to shit after that. Though I keeping trying Discovery is just garbage. Picard is the great hope now right? Liked the first episode. Rumors are the test screening were disastrous starting with episode 4 onwards. I haven't sought out spoilers so we'll see.

I remember my friend, who was really into Star Wars, teasing me about how much better Star Wars was. I told him of course it is you only have three movies to get right Star Trek has multiple movies and shows...more chances for missteps. The adult me had a little "told you so" with all hand wringing over the Prequels and Sequels by a lot of the hardcore fans. The batting averages have equaled out a bit. Long term though Star Wars isn't going anywhere. I have a real worry that if Picard fails Star Trek could get mothballed.

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars