The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post subject: Q&A with Pablo Hidalgo
PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 2:04 pm 
Major Dude

So, I got to attend a seminar/ Q&A with Pablo Hidalgo a couple of days ago. I know these points I'm about to cover would go in a lot of different threads, but I thought it would be easier to just condense them all here. Keep in mind I've been incommunicado for the last week, so if any of this has been announced or anything, I apologize.

1) the fourth season is definitely the last season of Rebels
2) I asked how closely events that happen in Rebels/ Clone Wars would tie into future events that would happen in Saga movies such as The Last Jedi. He said very much so
3) our favorite storylines in Clone Wars ( Yoda arc, Mortiss, Seventh Sister...) were all Lucas stories, and are absolutely integral to the understanding of the Force going forward
4) I asked him privately when the new cartoon was set, he wouldn't tell me. He said "go to Celebration."
5) they are VERY much aware of Yoda's line in ROTJ re: Luke being the last of the Jedi and the fact stragglers like Kanan and Ezra are roaming around the galaxy. They have no plans to make Yoda a liar
6) Episode 8 will answer A LOT of questions about the Jedi and what happened with Ben turning to the Dark Side. He did accidentally hint that info re: Rey would be answered as well
7) the time between ROTJ and TFA is definitely a fertile area for exploration and he gave the impression that there absolutely will be projects set in that time frame.
8) he really explained the different movements/ affiliations in TFA. So, the new Republic that is significantly smaller than the Empire was just as the Empire was smaller than the Old Republic. When the Old Republic went down, there were still all those factions left is the Seperatists that never joined the Empire and the never joined the new Republic. So it wasn't some huge galaxy-spanning organization. Since the fall of the Empire, remnants of it have been coalescing and eventually became the First Order. While they were building in power, Leia was trying to get the Republic to open its eyes and see what's happening. They wouldn't (reminiscent of the Jedi before the Clone Wars) so she and others created the Resistance to publicly oppose the First Order. I was glad he explained this. It makes much more sense now.

That's all that I can remember right now. Waiting for shuttle to show up to take us to rental car place so I thought I'd get this up while waiting.

Last edited by wease on Sat March 18, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Q&A with Pablo Hidalgo
PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 2:20 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

He said definitively that this current season is the last season of Rebels? There will be no more episodes? There will not be a fourth season? He said definitively that this "season finale" coming up is actually the "series finale?"

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 2:56 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
He said definitively that this current season is the last season of Rebels? There will be no more episodes? There will not be a fourth season? He said definitively that this "season finale" coming up is actually the "series finale?"

Sorry. I meant the fourth season, not this one. Very sorry about that. The fourth is the last. I will edit original post.

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 3:00 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Sorry. I meant the fourth season, not this one. Very sorry about that. The fourth is the last. I will edit original post.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Okay, cool. Thanks, man. I sort of figured that's what you meant but I just wanted to make sure. Because that's kind of huge if this is it.

Anyway, thanks for posting all of this. No huge surprises here for me. But it's nice to have actual confirmation on this stuff, even if it's typically "Lucasfilm Vague." So excited for you that you got to have this experience. Sounds really awesome.

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 3:03 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
2) I asked how closely events that happen in Rebels/ Clone Wars would tie into future events that would happen in Saga movies such as The Last Jedi. He said very much so
3) our favorite storylines in Clone Wars ( Yoda arc, Mortiss, Seventh Sister...) were all Lucas stories, and are absolutely integral to the understanding of the Force going forward

5) they are VERY much aware of Yoda's line in ROTJ re: Luke being the last of the Jedi and the fact stragglers like Kanan and Ezra are roaming around the galaxy. They have no plans to make Yoda a liar
6) Episode 8 will answer A LOT of questions about the Jedi and what happened with Ben turning to the Dark Side. He did accidentally hint that info re: Rey would be answered as well

These are the most exciting for me. I'm glad that all the Clone Wars stuff matters and that it'll all payoff. I figured as much but it's GREAT to have confirmation. I did not know how much of it was Lucas but I love knowing that all our favorite arcs (outside of Ahsoka) was his. That's good to know and makes them feel somehow... more real? I don't know. But I'm glad to hear it.

This whole "last of the Jedi" Yoda stuff is so fascinating to me. Can't wait to see how they pull this off and explain it. How is Yoda not a liar? Is this more "certain point of view" sort of stuff? Whatever the answer, I'm just glad they're aware of it and actually thinking about it too.

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 3:07 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Okay, cool. Thanks, man. I sort of figured that's what you meant but I just wanted to make sure. Because that's kind of huge if this is it.

Anyway, thanks for posting all of this. No huge surprises here for me. But it's nice to have actual confirmation on this stuff, even if it's typically "Lucasfilm Vague." So excited for you that you got to have this experience. Sounds really awesome.

This was probably the highlight of the trip for me. He's a pretty short dude. Actually shorter than me. Had a very brief conversation with him when I had my pic made with him. He had flown directly from England and the set of the Han Solo movie to Orlando for the cruise. A SUPER nice guy. He said there's a group of around a dozen people that are the storyline/ brain trust people. He only mentioned himself and Feloni by name, tho.

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 3:10 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:

These are the most exciting for me. I'm glad that all the Clone Wars stuff matters and that it'll all payoff. I figured as much but it's GREAT to have confirmation. I did not know how much of it was Lucas but I love knowing that all our favorite arcs (outside of Ahsoka) was his. That's good to know and makes them feel somehow... more real? I don't know. But I'm glad to hear it.

This whole "last of the Jedi" Yoda stuff is so fascinating to me. Can't wait to see how they pull this off and explain it. How is Yoda not a liar? Is this more "certain point of view" sort of stuff? Whatever the answer, I'm just glad they're aware of it and actually thinking about it too.

Yoda's line was something like "after I am gone, the last of the Jedi will you be." So, the way Hidalgo made it sound is that by the time Yoda dies, Luke will most definitely be the last of the Jedi. They aren't going to make him a liar by having someone like Kanan still buzzing around the galaxy.

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 3:16 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

This was probably the highlight of the trip for me. He's a pretty short dude. Actually shorter than me. Had a very brief conversation with him when I had my pic made with him. He had flown directly from England and the set of the Han Solo movie to Orlando for the cruise. A SUPER nice guy. He said there's a group of around a dozen people that are the storyline/ brain trust people. He only mentioned himself and Feloni by name, tho.

Yeah, there's like six or seven of them. I forget their names. I know Leland Chee is one of them (or was in 2014). And I think Dianna Williams and Carrie Beck are in there as well. At least, those folks are listed in the credits of The Clone Wars series. So maybe they've moved on to other roles since.

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 3:17 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Either The Star Wars Show or one of the Collider Crash Course videos (can't remember which) went through the members of the Lucasfilm Story Group not too long ago.

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 4:06 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Joey, re the last Jedi stuff. I'm sure they could keep people alive but not be Jedi. For example, when Ahsoka left the order, she wasn't really considered a Jedi anymore, right? Or little kids who are force sensitive aren't technically Jedi, right?

PostPosted: Sat March 18, 2017 4:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Joey, re the last Jedi stuff. I'm sure they could keep people alive but not be Jedi. For example, when Ahsoka left the order, she wasn't really considered a Jedi anymore, right? Or little kids who are force sensitive aren't technically Jedi, right?

Oh totally. And I kind of expect to see them go that route with it. I was just thinking more about Kanan, if he survives. Or Ezra.

PostPosted: Mon March 20, 2017 9:36 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Awesome

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 10:23 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Wease. You made pablo squirm. I posted your OP on the cantina and someone pretty much tattled and now it's news. Didn't expect that to happen.
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/03 ... ssion.html

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 12:01 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

ITT: Pablo now thinks back about wease as "that asshole on the cruise"

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 2:04 pm 
Major Dude

Filoni wasn't there that I know of.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 2:06 pm 
Major Dude

Damn, Dime. You ratted me out. Now Star Wars hates me.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 2:12 pm 

wease wrote:
Filoni wasn't there that I know of.

Sorry, meant to say Pablo. Edited.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 2:13 pm 
Major Dude

Nevermind. Misread the point.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 2:16 pm 
Major Dude

I have a counter point to the Rebels issue, but I'm afraid Dime will send it to Disney again.

PostPosted: Fri March 24, 2017 2:20 pm 
Major Dude

And he actually had 2 seminars that day.

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars