Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: could vader headline a movie?

Mon December 19, 2016 2:46 am

spike wrote:might work in a book, but on screen vader sitting in on empire strategy meetings wouldn't. he needs to be kicking ass and taking names at all times, which wouldn't work as a whole movie.

Uhh. Godzilla? Predator? Terminator? Halloween?

Mon December 19, 2016 2:48 am

Mon December 19, 2016 3:05 am

Kaius wrote:
spike wrote:might work in a book, but on screen vader sitting in on empire strategy meetings wouldn't. he needs to be kicking ass and taking names at all times, which wouldn't work as a whole movie.

those bad guys play the same role as vader has in the star wars movies. i thought we were talking about something else.

Mon December 19, 2016 3:08 am

bada wrote:Image

That's a really good series. I wish it didn't end.

Mon December 19, 2016 3:17 am

spike wrote:
Kaius wrote:

those bad guys play the same role as vader has in the star wars movies. i thought we were talking about something else.

I just think a movie where Vader is the one-dimensional unstoppable killer could be done successfully just as those examples show. I haven't watched R1, but although he plays one of the main baddies in the OT, the main antagonistic felt like the Empire until the Emporer came along.

Mon December 19, 2016 11:49 am

Does Vader still have one hand after ROTS or did he lose both?

Mon December 19, 2016 2:57 pm

B wrote:Does Vader still have one hand after ROTS or did he lose both?

Lost both. He used his mechanical hand to crawl out of the lava.

Tue January 31, 2017 2:54 am

I'm not up on all the Vader comics. Is it cannon that palatine purposely made his suit painful and physically limiting?

Tue January 31, 2017 4:15 am

B wrote:I'm not up on all the Vader comics. Is it cannon that palatine purposely made his suit painful and physically limiting?

I don't think it's canon anymore but it has been written that every time Vader let him down, he had to slice a piece of himself off. That's why so much of him was a machine at the end. No matter how good a job he did, Palpatine played such mind games with him that Vader felt he always disappointed him. Like he was always letting his father down. Can't remember where I read that, tho.

Tue January 31, 2017 4:23 pm

Vader should not headline his own movie, but if they every make a movie out of the 'Tarkin' book, he'd have a pretty big role.

I think it would actually be a cool movie, while giving us something new with a movie from the POV of the Empire.

Tue January 31, 2017 7:45 pm

wease wrote:
B wrote:I'm not up on all the Vader comics. Is it cannon that palatine purposely made his suit painful and physically limiting?

I don't think it's canon anymore but it has been written that every time Vader let him down, he had to slice a piece of himself off. That's why so much of him was a machine at the end. No matter how good a job he did, Palpatine played such mind games with him that Vader felt he always disappointed him. Like he was always letting his father down. Can't remember where I read that, tho.

There are a few YouTube videos out there about this that seem based on Legends. I mean, some of it you can draw from visuals, like the fact that his armor limits his ability to lift his hands over his shoulders. My grandma has that problem. My aunt has to come over and wash her hair for her a couple of times a week. Probably makes you a pussy when fighting your old apprentice.

But then there's stuff like using the wrong, weaker alloy for his limbs. And who the fuck would know that. Sounded made up.

Wed February 08, 2017 9:04 pm

An answer at last.
Make it a comedy. Like this one.
Post a reply