Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Best Star Wars Podcasts

Fri March 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Simple Torture wrote:I still listen to one Star Wars podcast, but nothing makes my hand drift to the "skip" button than the question:

"So, how would you rank the movies?"

"You know what? I'm going to be a bit controversial here and rank Empire as #2."

Mon April 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:I still listen to one Star Wars podcast, but nothing makes my hand drift to the "skip" button than the question:

"So, how would you rank the movies?"

"You know what? I'm going to be a bit controversial here and rank Empire as #2."

Here's another: "I guess you could say I'm old school; I definitely prefer practical effects to CGI."

Mon April 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Wed April 12, 2017 2:06 pm

There's an awesome podcast called 'I was there too' which interviews people who had small parts in big films.
They have a Really fascinating interview with Ahmed Best about the whole Jar Jar experience. 20 years of it. Funny but really deep guy too. Lots of cool info. (Deleted scene of Palpatine admitting to Jar jar he's the Sith Lord etc)

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/i-w ... 0384285788

Wed April 12, 2017 7:24 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:

Interesting. I'll give this a spin, sure. Why not?

Tue April 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Finally listened to the Rogue One episode of Story and Star Wars. It was excellent albeit too short. I hope he does go back for a part 2.

Also... if he does The Clone Wars series... :luv:

Thu May 11, 2017 7:38 pm

Luv oh

Mon October 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Just FYI, The Ringer's Binge Mode podcast (known for their Game of Thrones and Harry Potter coverage--I know I got Joey to listen to the former) has started its Star Wars series as of today. It's a 2+ hour discussion of The Phantom Menace; not sure when I will subject myself to this, but it's there.

Mon October 21, 2019 2:35 pm

I think they did one or two on the last jedi and they were fascinating.
Thanks for the heads up.

Mon October 21, 2019 2:41 pm

Simple Torture wrote:Just FYI, The Ringer's Binge Mode podcast (known for their Game of Thrones and Harry Potter coverage--I know I got Joey to listen to the former) has started its Star Wars series as of today. It's a 2+ hour discussion of The Phantom Menace; not sure when I will subject myself to this, but it's there.

:bammer:

Been looking forward to this.

Mon October 21, 2019 3:30 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:Just FYI, The Ringer's Binge Mode podcast (known for their Game of Thrones and Harry Potter coverage--I know I got Joey to listen to the former) has started its Star Wars series as of today. It's a 2+ hour discussion of The Phantom Menace; not sure when I will subject myself to this, but it's there.

Did you do their TLJ episodes yet ?

Mon October 21, 2019 3:44 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Did you do their TLJ episodes yet ?

yessir

I love their shit. This is going to be even better than that one asshole wife-beater/cheater guy's stuff. And that was some GOOD stuff.

Mon October 21, 2019 3:45 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Finally listened to the Rogue One episode of Story and Star Wars. It was excellent albeit too short. I hope he does go back for a part 2.

has he changed his feed? I was going through my podcasts and noticed that one hadn't updated in quite awhile.

Mon October 21, 2019 4:05 pm

bune wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Finally listened to the Rogue One episode of Story and Star Wars. It was excellent albeit too short. I hope he does go back for a part 2.

has he changed his feed? I was going through my podcasts and noticed that one hadn't updated in quite awhile.

Um... he's gone. His wife accused him of A LOT of unsavory shit and he abandoned his whole brand. He issued a statement that was actually pretty rational and not attacky given what he was being accused of. But he's done.

Mon October 21, 2019 4:08 pm

woah, that's pretty wild. thanks, I think.

Mon October 21, 2019 4:11 pm

bune wrote:woah, that's pretty wild. thanks, I think.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The whole thing was upsetting, for a lot of reasons, obviously. But some stuff has come out since that tends to support her. I believe her, personally (which, I'm sure, surprises no one here). I deleted his pods from my feed and unfollowed him on Twitter, YouTube, etc. I don't even want to back and listen to him again. Good riddance, honestly.

I'm really excited that the Binge Mode team is tackling SW now. They're going to create some awesome content, I'm sure. I love their insights and their whole approach.

Mon October 21, 2019 4:32 pm

It was a real shame what happened there. I don’t know any of the details only read his statement but given the way he walked away from it all I can only imagine it was true.

Mon October 21, 2019 4:33 pm

well, can't say I miss the live shows with his weird vocal tics and insistence on reading the comments, even the dumb ones, live. The produced ones were very good.

Sad to hear he's an idiot, I guess.

Mon October 21, 2019 4:48 pm

Cancel culture run amok :roll:

Mon October 21, 2019 4:51 pm

confusedblackguy.gif
Post a reply